Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gremlins  (Read 2364 times)

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Re: Gremlins
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 08:11:54 AM »

The fix was in an obscure, hidden among all the petcock rebuilding and non vacuum petcock mods, on the big board.
It was the line next to the idle adjustment, opened it up -- it was bull of gunk -- drained and haven't missed a beat since.  8)
Something to keep in mind. 

Got it - Sinus infection. :bikerider:
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Dusty

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 06:00:42 AM »

The fix was in an obscure, hidden among all the petcock rebuilding and non vacuum petcock mods, on the big board.
It was the line next to the idle adjustment, opened it up -- it was bull of gunk -- drained and haven't missed a beat since.  8)

:rofl:

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 07:09:55 AM »

:rofl:
+2  :agree:  :notworthy:  :thumbup:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »

Found it ---- I am the Grimlin Killer

It would come and go, final straw was the last meet and greet, would not start when I was ready to leave. Got home and tore that heffer down to the bone, last thing I removed was the vacuum line, well there it was line all good, but had a tee off the carb to petcock with a cap over the tee, it was split --- never would have seen it with out removing the cap, removed the tee eliminated the problem -- I got my baby back, baby back, baby back.

I got a lot of good advice from here and the big board, and could not accept it was vacuum, but again it is tuff to be a coon Cranberries --- I'm a happy man  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:37:18 PM by Gumbo »
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Dusty

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 06:46:13 PM »

Glad to hear you finally found it. I hate elecrtrical and vacuum problems.  :banghead:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 06:39:30 PM »

Just thought I found it but after researching I did find this and it may be helpful to anyone who have 2007 - 2008 VTX http://nhthqnwws111.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/docservlet/Artemis/Public/Recalls/2008/V/RCRIT-08V141-7216.pdf

NHTSA Campaign Number: 08V141000

DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL CONTROL VALVE DIAPHRAGM ASSEMBLY, FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT APRIL 10, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA AT 1-866-784-1870.

I hope this helps anyone who may get a gremlin -- and hope this does it for me.  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal