Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Tires  (Read 1913 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
New Tires
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:29:33 PM »

Got my tires in today, any suggestion on where would be the best place to put them on  ???
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
Re: New Tires
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »

ON THE WHEELS :redcard: :redcard: :ohwow: :thumbup: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :stickpoke: :boxing: :pot:  I like icons  Ride Safe Ride Long !! :flag:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:44:19 PM »

ON THE WHEELS :redcard: :redcard: :ohwow: :thumbup: :cuss: :banghead: :cuss: :stickpoke: :boxing: :pot:  I like icons  Ride Safe Ride Long !! :flag:

Always one in the bunch  :looney: I guess I should have said I got my new tires today and want to install on the wheels, any recommendations on the best place in north Houston.  :c 
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »

I ment no harm.. I just could not help myself...  :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :ohwow:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 09:58:17 PM »

I have no idea on your side of town if you lived near Pasadena there is a place that would do it
Alvin,Texas

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »

I ment no harm.. I just could not help myself...  :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :ohwow:

No harm, I thought it was funny as heck  ;D ;D I take every oppertunity to get me a gig in when I can, I'm giggy wid it.  :good: :good:

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 06:14:59 AM »

Larry,

I have taken mine here the last couple of times. http://www.motorcycles-unlimited.com/ Its about $40.00 out the door for both tires if you take the wheels off the bike and carry them in. They are usually very busy, so just plan on dropping them off and picking up the next day.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 08:23:34 AM »

Larry,

I have taken mine here the last couple of times. http://www.motorcycles-unlimited.com/ Its about $40.00 out the door for both tires if you take the wheels off the bike and carry them in. They are usually very busy, so just plan on dropping them off and picking up the next day.

Thanks  :thumbup:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 09:24:10 AM »

I takeit that you ordered them off the internet, courious to see if the savings were worth it after you pay to have them mounted.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 09:41:47 AM »

I takeit that you ordered them off the internet, courious to see if the savings were worth it after you pay to have them mounted.

Yep that's what I am trying to figure, last set cost me 317 installed and out the door Discount Tire in Pasadena, starting to look like maybe for the work involved and the time -- Discount tire is not looking too bad to me right now.  ;D ;D ;D It's all and experiment, right  :thumbup: :thumbup:

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »

ya might try misfit in magnolia.  They are half way between 2978 and 249.  He has dyna beeds too.  I think chris is the name.

*Closet Darksider*

PoolGuyBill

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 08:28:57 PM »

Larry, I bought from and had them mounted up @ Misfit's with DynaBead. Mounting, $65 each tire. DynaBeads are $11.50 per tire. Thought it a little expensive but they did a nice job. love the DynaBead

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »

Having them done today, Choice Motorsports $30 bucks per tire, 5815 Treaschwig
Spring, Texas 77373
Phone: (281) 821-2453, might go to Misfit's for the DynaBead  ;D ;D

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 08:10:24 AM »

Having them done today, Choice Motorsports $30 bucks per tire, 5815 Treaschwig
Spring, Texas 77373
Phone: (281) 821-2453, might go to Misfit's for the DynaBead  ;D ;D

On the bike? that's good, I think HofH charged $75 for both.
It's all just part of the adventure!

DEMON

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »

Got my tires in today, any suggestion on where would be the best place to put them on  ???

Now I know why most os my posts do not make any sence... I got that from my daddy Gumbo...   :t
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal