Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Them are fighting words...  (Read 2982 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Them are fighting words...
« on: November 15, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »

Ok, so I took off to go to GrapeApe's house for his tech session yesterday. Had some super easy things to get done: new rear brake pads, put on Speed Bleeders, bleed the brakes, and replace the rubber bushings on my rear shocks.  I decided to replace my bushings first cause that was a no brainer.  Took off one shock and proceeded to try and install it back onto the bike with the new bushing.  Well, 4.5 hours later with intense efforts from me, SteveS, and Taz we could NOT get the shock back onto the top studpost.  No matter what we did to get it back on the bushing was refusing to slide onto the post.  It was tooooooo small.  I had picked up the bushings from HOH and even triple checked to make sure I got the right part.  Phil had come over with Taz and said that he had some stock shocks at his house that he was never going to use and that I could have them. The bushings were almost new in them and had come off his 1300 so we should not have any probs getting them on.  Nope couldn't get them on either.  Finally in desperation we loaded the bike onto the truck and took it over to Cycle Shack in Conroe (a Honda dealer).  I explained the situation and asked if there was anyway they could take 5 min to help me slip the shock back on so I could at least ride it.  Nope too busy to help me.  Well, with a little more pestering on my part the service guy finally agreed to look at it and see if they could get it on.  He wanted me to make sure I knew that there would be a .5 hour minimum charge. No prob...just get the damn thing on.  He first came out almost an hour later and told me that the top post was supposed to have a different sized bushing from the bottom cause the post is bigger...yes, I told him that we know that the post is bigger, but that the bushing we have is the correct part according to Honda fiche at the dealer.  He says that the fiche used is not Honda's...some other company draws it out, implying that the dealer takes no responsibility for wrong parts..  I said that Honda dealers use it so that means it is approved by Honda and is therefore a Honda diagram fiche.  After this he said that he was going to try and get the GM to approve him getting a 1300 off the floor and pulling the bushings off of it and putting them on.  Well, about 45 min later he comes back out and informs me that I have the WRONG STUDPOSTS on my bike.  They are 18mm and are supposed to be 16mm.  I proceeded to inform him that these are the posts that came on the bike when I bought it brand new less than 2 years ago.  He shrugs his shoulders and tells me that he has to still charge me for service time.   I am irate.  So come Monday morning Honda is going to have one very upset hen on their hands.  I am due new studposts, cost of bushings that got ruined trying to get them on the posts, and the charge for service at Cycle Shack.  I wish I could figure out what my time, and those that spent hours trying to help me is worth, cause I would bill them for that too!!!  I. am in a fighting mood
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
Re: Them are fighting words...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 09:43:42 PM »

RIGHT ON

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:00:44 PM »

BURN THEM TO THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:08:49 AM »

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:13:16 AM »

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
It's all just part of the adventure!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:53:16 AM »

It's been no secret for years that the management at Cycle Shack North is pathetic. They have some good people working there (and some horrible ones), but they are working for jerks.
02 1800C

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 11:38:47 AM »

Update:
So I called Honda Motor Co.  Presented my case to the rep who answered the phone.  He took all the info and told me he would send it on to the dept that decides the outcome and that they would call me in 1-2 business days.  I stressed to the young man in my most controlled voice that this bike is how I get to and from work and since it is Hondas fault that I am without my transportation to work, then I assume that he will mark this URGENT!!!!  Plus on top of that he said that any work that gets done on the bike will have to be done at a dealer (figured that one was coming).  So once again I told him that I would expect a TOP PRIORITY status put on this when the approval is sent to the dealer to handle my bike.  Hey, I can dream at least right?
"Lucky" Connie
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

big daddy bear

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 11:41:33 AM »

I saw you & everyone struggling with the bushings--thought the shocks that they were bringing  you would slip right on--what a bummer !!! i've never had any work done at the dealer in Conroe even though i live there--guess they won't be getting any business from me ! sorry for all your problems for what looked like a simple job--hope 2 see all of you again soon--DOUG

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »

Conny, isn't the tin's on your bike special?  Maby that is not all that was special about your bike?

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 12:38:01 PM »

Yeah, makes me think of the Johnny Cash song "One Piece At A Time"...maybe my bike is a conglomerate of many different bikes, lol.
"Lucky" Connie

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 04:14:17 PM »

Closing chapter on this saga...and I will spoil it for you and tell you it has a happy ending.

Honda has done themselves proud.  Yesterday morning I called and presented my case as posted previously.  By 1:30 yesterday Jesse in the claims dept had called me back to make sure he had all the details.  Jesse said he would call me back sometime before Tuesday evening.  I once again stressed to him my frustration at being without my bike.  By 4:00 he had called back and said that I needed to go on and deliver the bike to the dealer of my choice and have them verify the wrong part.  I chose HOH since they are the closest to my work.  He said that was an excellent choice (some disagree with that) and that actually he knows the service manager there very well.  He would call the service manager (Austin) and tell him the story and stress the importance of looking at the bike immediately.  I got the bike to HOH this morning at 9 am when they open.  Austin and Jeff checked the bike in and said they would get back with me.  Jesse called me just a little while ago and said that HOH verified the wrong parts were installed on my bike and that the parts are being overnighted to HOH for installation.  Plus he told me that reimbursement for all my expenses has been approved and the check should be in the mail by Friday.  They are even reimbursing me for all the bushings I bought since, according to Jesse, I shouldn't have needed to buy the bushings in the first place if the right part had been on my bike.  So it looks like I should be able to pick my bike back up tomorrow.
"Lucky" Connie

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »

Lucky, you are Lucky indeed. Congrats on getting everything fixed and getting all your money back.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »

:thumbup:  Glad you went after them!   :boxing:  Way to go, girl!!  :thumbup:
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »

Honda NEVER HAD A CHANCE! :popcorn: :popcorn:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 06:07:37 PM »

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

That is exactly what we thought should happen (those of us that worked on the bike).

Very good outcome.

Later
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal