Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: For Sale! My .02 cents...  (Read 2244 times)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
For Sale! My .02 cents...
« on: November 09, 2009, 08:48:48 PM »

It is a great .02 cents and shiney...   ;D
- low mileage of being in the pockets of only a few
- only in a coin purse one time
- never dropped, dinged, or put on the railroad track
- all correct 2007 Mint markings

Of course, I know some of you will say that my .02 cents is only worth .01 in China, and compared to the Euro it is only worth .0150, however it is my .02 cents and I know what it is worth in US currency, so don't tell me how much it is worth in the Mexican Peso or the UK Pound. 

IF YOU DO NOT WANT SOMEONE COMMENTING ON YOUR POST THEN: DO NOT POST OR WHINE AND COMPARE THE "Texas X Riders" TO OTHER BOARDS...and that is my .02 cents for what it is worth to you. 

Not locked-up; because, I do not have that power!
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
Re: For Sale! My .02 cents...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 09:12:46 PM »

Yes you do, you just don't know how to use it!    :laugh:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »

Not the power of locking because I do have the tools; the power to lock because I am upset/mad at others...to show others, look what I am doing because someone made an innocent, truthful comment about my post!  In my opinion, the only ones that should lock a post/thread are the moderators.
You post it, you deal with it.  Just like I am going to have to deal with this post...
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Txcajun

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:42:02 PM »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I fully agree with you Bobby. Sometimes the truth is just a little more than what people can handle. Kind of like when the Saints go undefeated. :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :thumbup:
Les Coullion Coup d'e'tat peux Embrasse Moi Tchew!              03 1800 retro TRAILER QUEEN EXTRORDINAIRE "SMELL THE BUMPER"

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 09:47:50 PM »

Who Dat Say de Gonna Beat dem Saints!  Who Dat!  Who Dat!
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 12:34:43 AM »

I have to admit that being generalized or thrown into ANY group because of my allegiance with The Texas X Riders is a direct insult to me. Maybe more so this time because of who it came from. It makes me think that there is pre-determined hostility that I do not see. Or care to.

I also believe that one must already know that they are full of sh!t when they cram their ideas or beliefs down your throat without giving you the benefit to rationalize or offer rebuttal, so I offer this gentleman my best wishes in selling the bike and moving on. Quickly.

I will give the post we are talking about the attention it deserves and ignore it. And like many before it, it will go away.

I LIKE the system we have here.  :thumbup:

How 'bout them Cowboys!
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

DEMON

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »

It is a great .02 cents and shiney...   ;D
- low mileage of being in the pockets of only a few
- only in a coin purse one time
- never dropped, dinged, or put on the railroad track
- all correct 2007 Mint markings

Of course, I know some of you will say that my .02 cents is only worth .01 in China, and compared to the Euro it is only worth .0150, however it is my .02 cents and I know what it is worth in US currency, so don't tell me how much it is worth in the Mexican Peso or the UK Pound. 

IF YOU DO NOT WANT SOMEONE COMMENTING ON YOUR POST THEN: DO NOT POST OR WHINE AND COMPARE THE "Texas X Riders" TO OTHER BOARDS...and that is my .02 cents for what it is worth to you. 

you got Honda cents so is only worth about .000002 so if you take that I 'll pass the word out and see if anyone would want them beeing honda cents and all... you may have to take .000000000001  because of the fire sale honda has on new cents.

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:30:07 PM »

I'll give a wooden nickle for your 2 cents bro!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »

I'll give a wooden nickle for your 2 cents bro!

that makes no cents.
It's all just part of the adventure!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 11:57:21 PM »

Must've missed something...isn't this the For Sale section?  What are ya'll selling on this thread?

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 09:43:31 AM »

Must've missed something...isn't this the For Sale section?  What are ya'll selling on this thread?

Not much apparently for 0.02,  :D

Actually this thread in response to a For Sale tread where someone got a little testy when someone else shared their 0.02.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »

Ok, so Justin is a long time member as are others who posted on there.  I'm going to be removing the other thread.  I can see both points of view, but ultimately I wouldn't want someone dumping on my for sale thread either.  I don't agree with the VTXOA comparison, but I do agree that he can offer to sell his bike for whatever he wants regardless of other deals to be found.

Deals on VTX's or other bikes need to be posted into a different thread all together.

Nevermind, the thread is already gone.
Chunk the llama.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »

Brock, that may have been true if someone had dumped on his thread.  However, all the other person did was to make him aware that new bikes were being sold for less and he took it as personal insult and slam of his listing.    :banghead:
Again, the guy was just saying "Hey, you might want to check your price because a new one can be bought for less".  It was a "in case you did not know", "FYI", not a personal attack.   :redcard:      :c    And if you wear your feelings on your sleeve with this group, you will be pissed-off & mad as hell all the time.
Sooo, I made light of the thread  :rofl:  with trying to Sell my ".02 cents".  :t  
I personally thought it was ingenious & funny as Hell!!!!!!!   Let's Ride!   :bikerider:  
And you won't hurt my feelings if you remove this thread...it HAS served its purpose.  

Go TexasXRiders!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:46:15 PM by beaux43 »
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 03:17:53 PM »

dumping on a for sale thread...  it happens, i've done it too...  A LOT of us gave this guy A LOT of grief, he handled it very well...

http://www.texasxriders.com/index.php?topic=8193.0

I think the bottom line is to sell something to another member here, it has to be a good deal (including comparison to market value), or other members will let others know; if it was on the big board or a Harley forum we could all rally behind the sale.

Now, where is that proton 4 I was going to list for $1,000..?

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 03:25:52 PM »

Ha....He accepted FREE items from a member just to turn around and sell for a profit within a week or two..  That needed to be called out.  This isn't in the same category.  

I already stated I see both sides on Justins thread, but don't agree with how it went down.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 04:01:44 PM by j1mmyj4m »
Chunk the llama.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal