Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Alpine Hotels?  (Read 3813 times)

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Alpine Hotels?
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:49:14 PM »

Can anyone recommend any hotels/motels/lodges, etc. in Alpine?
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Alpine Hotels?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:03:41 PM »

you must have been reading my mind.  I was just looking for hotels in alpine today right before i got off of work.  only about 6 or 7 hotels popped on orbitz.com, but i'm sure if you go to Alpines city website, they might have a link for lodging on some less commercial locations.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

glenco

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »

Indian lodge at the state park

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 09:42:11 PM »

Hey Mike , coming into Alpine from the east side of town, their is a diner with a motel that houses mostly railroad people on the right side of the street. On the opposite side of the street are two other motels I have stayed at.  Both were reasonable, but can't remember the name.   Their are not too many places to stay in Alpine unless they have some new ones.

Good luck Earl

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:35:37 AM »

Hey Mike, we haven't lived there for a few years, but my brother-in-law is still there. Newest hotel/motels are the Ramada west of Alpine on 90 and a Best Western east of town on 90. I think the oldest places are the Sunday House and across the street(90) is the Alpine Inn.   If you can get a reservation, the Indian Lodge on 118 between Ft. Davis and McDonald Obs would be best. There is a small motel east of Marfa that we stayed in on the RAT.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=alpine+texas+ramada+inn&fb=1&gl=us&hq=ramada+inn&hnear=alpine+texas&cid=0,0,7109019550729679446&ei=oaLpStDfPIrclAfnxJiABQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CA8QnwIwAA
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 09:43:30 AM »

:agree:  I have stayed at the Indian Lodge 3 times,  also Hotel Paisano in Marfa for the old west rustic feel.  Also, look-up the Alpine Chamber of Commerce or Ft. Davis Cahmber of Commerce, they will have all listings for accommodations.   :bikerider:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

JWAustinVTX

• Tejano
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »

Hey guys,

I just booked a night in Alpine at the Highland Inn - anyone stay there before?  Super cheap, and only sleeping there one night before heading to Big Bend and staying at the Big Bend Motor Inn in Study Butte.

Heading out first thing next Friday - can't wait!

-Jason

TxVTXMike

• Rider
    • M&M eBiz
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 07:17:45 AM »

My buddy and I stayed at the Historic Holland Hotel.  One of the better restaurants in the area and has a brew pub also.  Nice place...but....trains come thru at night and sometimes do switching right outside the hotel. They issue ear plugs when u check in.
If you're into the evening socializing/bars.... the brew pub was fun & good and the Ice House around the corner was a good meet locals place. Outdoors.  Fire pit.  A 20x20 building for the bar part. You sit outside.  When we were there they had a every Friday all u can eat crab legs,etc...  boiled outside.  A fun place to sit, have a beer & chat.  (also allowed to bring your own flask..they sell setups).

Holland Hotel & Brew Pub:

http://misc.thepartyfowl.com/cycletrips/BigBend/pics/SM-1IMG_0022.jpg

http://misc.thepartyfowl.com/cycletrips/BigBend/pics/SM-1IMG_0007.jpg

Ice House:  http://misc.thepartyfowl.com/cycletrips/BigBend/pics/

Mike in Dallas ( http://tinyurl.com/yrmbxz )
'06 VTX 1800R Spec 2

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 11:50:32 AM »

Those are some great pics, Mike. I'm hoping to leave November 11, if the weather is with me.

JWAustinVTX

• Tejano
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 12:26:38 PM »

My buddy and I stayed at the Historic Holland Hotel.  One of the better restaurants in the area and has a brew pub also.  Nice place...but....trains come thru at night and sometimes do switching right outside the hotel. They issue ear plugs when u check in.
If you're into the evening socializing/bars.... the brew pub was fun & good and the Ice House around the corner was a good meet locals place. Outdoors.  Fire pit.  A 20x20 building for the bar part. You sit outside.  When we were there they had a every Friday all u can eat crab legs,etc...  boiled outside.  A fun place to sit, have a beer & chat.  (also allowed to bring your own flask..they sell setups).

Holland Hotel & Brew Pub:

http://misc.thepartyfowl.com/cycletrips/BigBend/pics/SM-1IMG_0022.jpg

http://misc.thepartyfowl.com/cycletrips/BigBend/pics/SM-1IMG_0007.jpg

Ice House:  http://misc.thepartyfowl.com/cycletrips/BigBend/pics/

Nice Pics Mike.  can't wait for Friday morning  :bikerider:

TxVTXMike

• Rider
    • M&M eBiz
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »

U guys doing the Ft Davis loop & McDonald Observatory?  And RR 170 from Preidio to Lajitas ( a DON'T miss ride!!) & Terlingua  El Dorado Hotel & bar/grill is about the only place to stay there. We smoked our post-ride cigars and a beer on the deck, clear night &  overlooking a full moon rise over the Chisos mountains.  Fun on Sat night when the local musicians gather on the Starlight Theater steps for a jam session.  They allow u to take your drinks out onto the steps/porch for that.   Walking distance back to El Dorado.

One of my better Big Bend pics

'06 VTX 1800R Spec 2

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »

How long are you going to be there, Jason?

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 01:31:07 PM »

U guys doing the Ft Davis loop & McDonald Observatory?  And RR 170 from Preidio to Lajitas ( a DON'T miss ride!!) & Terlingua  El Dorado Hotel & bar/grill is about the only place to stay there. We smoked our post-ride cigars and a beer on the deck, clear night &  overlooking a full moon rise over the Chisos mountains.  Fun on Sat night when the local musicians gather on the Starlight Theater steps for a jam session.  They allow u to take your drinks out onto the steps/porch for that.   Walking distance back to El Dorado.

Yep. Plans include all of that. My late step dad told me many years ago to ride 170. Wouldn't miss it. I love your pictures. They are great.  :thumbup:

Thanks,
Mike

TxVTXMike

• Rider
    • M&M eBiz
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »

The roads seem to really eat tires in that area. YOu can often see someting in the blacktop glinting....  Maybe that is it.  My buddy (VTX 1300) tire wore down so much he went in search of a tire before riding from Big Bend back to Dallas. we ran into CycleTek (Study Butte) owner at the Sat night Starlight music jam.

He had a tire for the VTX.  we went to his service shop at his house (not the shop in Study Butte) about 7 miles N of Study Butte.  This is where it was:

and the road we had to navigate down to get there  (I had a GoldWing at the time...NO WAY).  I helped my buddy down. with brakes locked...he still slid down the slope. Was scary. It was much worse behind the camera than that shown in the pic. 4+ inch rocks, deep ruts.

The Cycletek owner is riding his VTX 1300 back up the hill in the pic.. Note my buddy on the 4 wheeler behind him.  But...got it replaced.

And don't forget to visit Le Kiva (The Cave bar & restaurant between Terlingua & Study Butte)

'06 VTX 1800R Spec 2

JWAustinVTX

• Tejano
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »

How long are you going to be there, Jason?

Nov 6th  Leaving 7AM Friday morning from Dripping Springs.  Staying Friday night in Alpine.  Deffinetly plan on doing the 170 ride into Terlingua. It's the annual chili cookoff, so should be a good time.   We're staying at the Big Bend  Motor Inn Saturday night, everything else was booked. heading out Sunday morning (probably)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal