Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan....  (Read 3075 times)

BrokenBiker

• Trailer Queen
Cindy Sheehan....
« on: August 05, 2006, 07:32:39 AM »

Most of us are aware that Sheehan purchased land near Crawford.  Below is an article that would hopefully make for a good ride for some of us. O0  It's an interesting, but not surprising, article.

I'll cut-and-paste the article in case the link doesn't work.   American Pride

A grassroots pro-military group is organizing a counter to the efforts of Cindy Sheehan, the polarizing icon of the anti-war movement whose son, Casey, was killed in Iraq. The group, "American Pride," is led by Leonard Wahl, who also lost a son in the war. American Pride is petitioning people to come to Crawford, Texas between August 14 and 22 --  part of a period when Sheehan and her followers are expected to launch "Camp Casey III." Crawford, the home of President Bush's ranch, was the site of a stalemate of sorts last August when Sheehan declared she wasn't leaving until the president met with her in person. President Bush never met her and ultimately she moved on.

The story didn't end there, however, as Sheehan took steps to remain in the limelight. Most recently she purchased land in Crawford upon which she intends to stage her "Camp Casey III" event. Sheehan's "Crawford Peace House" website indicates the dates for the event are August 6 to September 3. The site is requesting volunteers, in-kind donations, and financial contributions to make the protest "a safe, comfortable and effective action."

American Pride hopes to mute Sheehan's message. "We are urging every veteran to join the fallen families to support our troops," Wahl wrote in an email to Military.com. "This is our way to confront Cindy Sheehan. Soldiers did not pick this war. We cannot allow America to fail its soldiers as it did in Vietnam."

Mr. Wahl can be reached at Leonard_wahl@gmail.com.

Sound Off...What do you think? Join the discussion.
35mph to 0mph in 1 inch...a personal record!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
Re: Cindy Sheehan....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 10:17:25 AM »

I like that idea. While I am sympathetic about the death of her son I do not think she is honoring his death by her actions. As a matter of fact I believe she is dishonoring him greatly.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 10:41:26 AM »

While I am sympathetic about the death of her son and do not think she is handling it the best way, I won't party myself to any group trying to keep her from expressing her grief, her way, even if I don't think she's being smart about it. You're welcome to express your feelings too, just as she is. I won't try to "make" someone grieve smartly though.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 11:20:29 AM »

While I am sympathetic about the death of her son and do not think she is handling it the best way, I won't party myself to any group trying to keep her from expressing her grief, her way, even if I don't think she's being smart about it. You're welcome to express your feelings too, just as she is. I won't try to "make" someone grieve smartly though.

I like that Snake. I could'nt have said that any better.

quietguy

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 11:29:28 AM »

Any way you cut it, war sucks... but freedom comes with a price.

Many of us are vets of one era or another - I served and will again if called upon.

Lennie

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 05:47:37 PM »

Many of us are vets of one era or another - I served and will again if called upon.

Lennie

We are already free. It is beginning to look like we may not be able to free the Iraqis from themselves.
There is now real talk about partitioning Iraq into three separate regions because the Kurds, Sunni's and Shiites hate each other so much. Then we'll break the bank trying to keep em apart.

Regarding Sheehan,  she's not my style of person and I think that she should go home and try to get right with herself before she talks to anyone else, but, as per Snake and yourself, Thank God, she's free to express whatever...cause so are we.

synically, I wonder how much of this is about her son and how much is about her fifteen minutes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 05:54:23 PM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 06:25:31 PM »

IMHO Cindy is a POS but she has her right to do her thing even though she is being used but in saying that if I ever saw her broke down on the side of the rode would pass her by and give her a little salute.What she fails to understand her son joined of his own free will as a volunter and I imagine he would be totally ashamed of what she has done.
Alvin,Texas

TexPops

• Old Timer
  • Azle (Eagle Mountain Lake) n.w. of Ft.Worth
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 08:34:46 PM »

My wife and I had already planned to run down to Crawford in the morning to try out the new bike. Never been down there and it seemed like a nice Sunday morning run from Cowtown. Sheehan is certainly entitled to mouth off, as we all are, but it's a damn shame she's using the excuse she's using. Personally I think she is being used by others to get the antiwar publicity they can't get otherwise.

quietguy

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 10:02:46 AM »

Lennie

We are already free. It is beginning to look like we may not be able to free the Iraqis from themselves.
There is now real talk about partitioning Iraq into three separate regions because the Kurds, Sunni's and Shiites hate each other so much. Then we'll break the bank trying to keep em apart.

Regarding Sheehan,  she's not my style of person and I think that she should go home and try to get right with herself before she talks to anyone else, but, as per Snake and yourself, Thank God, she's free to express whatever...cause so are we.

synically, I wonder how much of this is about her son and how much is about her fifteen minutes.

Thank the folks who've served and paid for that freedom, and recognize it's a constant commitment to keep it.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 11:01:12 AM »

My earlier post was written at work so I didn't have time to express myself fully.
My only beef with this, even if she was a 15 minutes of fame hunting, money grubbing, political puppet of an anti-war group, is the "american pride" group's rally to keep her from getting her message out. Their mission: to mute Sheehan's message.
  I volunteered (  knowing what I know now about the political aspects of such wars, I wouldn't do it again!) ) for Vietnam when seventeen and spent my full six year obligation in the army. If I were killed, I would hope no one would have tried to keep my mom from protesting in anyway she felt like, even if it were anti-war in nature. It would not have disgraced my honor for her to do it. It would have been a right I supposedly fought and died for. If someone did try so "put a hand over her mouth" or mute her message, I would wish to have been able to come haunt that person till his or her death.
  I have no problems with groups trying to get their message out. Its the proper american way to do things. A group calling themselves "american pride" trying to quiet a grieving mothers right to make her point is the perfect example of america gone wrong.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 11:02:55 AM by snake »
     420! Yeah, baby!

Native Arkie

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 12:18:18 PM »

All I have to say is that she didn't much give a tinker's damn about him before, she gave up custody to his dad. Not much of a mom, from the sound of it. I honestly don't think she's grieving her son's death. If you listen to some of her rantings, it's ONLY about her hatred of President Bush. She's just wanting her 15 minutes. I'm sorry for her son's death and but I also thank him and am proud of his commitment to his/our country. Freedom isn't free, we all know that. But, what I personally feel, is that MOST people don't realize that it takes the same commitment and volunteerism to keep it free. They take it for granted that it will always be that way. It won't. Freedom is bought and paid for by the blood of patriots.

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 12:51:04 PM »

Sooo... she shouldn't be allowed to heat the Bush??? EErrrr, hate the Bush? Nothing un-patriotic there. Her feelings. If Kerry had won, you'd have been well within your rights to hate the Kerry. Your feelings. All relative.
     420! Yeah, baby!

Native Arkie

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 02:08:04 PM »

Absolutely nothing wrong with having your own opinions/feeling of President Bush. What I don't agree with is her using her son's death as a platform to promote those feelings, when she'd obviously been less than a role model mother before his death. In my opinion, she is dishonoring her son's sacrifice by doing so in this manner (he volunteered on his own). She has her rights provided for her by her son and other's like him. She met with President Bush after her son's death (if I remember correctly) and that wasn't good enough, she want's more meeting's with him. She'll never be satisfied with anything. Look at her, she's teamed with Jesse "Blackmail" Jackson and his cronies. Sorry, but I can't have much respect for anyone that gets in cahoot's with the ilke such as him.

Please don't try and twist what I've tried to say around in any way. It's pretty well put straight forward and to the point. She has her "rights" to say whatever in almost any manner she cares to. That doesn't mean that I have to agree with her or anyone else. Just my "right" to say what I think about her.

Baren

• Old Timer
  • To want is better than to have
    • http://www.dickcheneygunclub.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 09:32:42 PM »

Since this war isn't ours but Daddy Bushs',why do all the young Americans have to die over there? and thats my opinion !
BSH111

RedDragon

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 09:36:34 PM »

Well as I see it, she may not be much of a mother, and is really none of my concern. The way that I see it is that she is expressing her right to freedom of speech. There are alot of people that agree and disagree, ill regardless that is her right. And if she bought land in Crawford, then good for her. The land was obviously for sale, another positive about living in the good ole USA.

As for teaming with Jesse Jackson, I can not stand him, but she would be looking at any option to help her cause. I could not even imagine what I would do if I lost a son or daughter in the war. It would be one thing if we could actually fight a war when we are there but we can not. It is all political. If we really kicked Cranberries as we should, and not worried about the rest of the world, then I really don't think there would be as much issues about this. Just posting the way I feel cause that is me right  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

David

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal