Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saturday evening, Whiskey Flats  (Read 1012 times)

jackandangie

• Old Timer
Saturday evening, Whiskey Flats
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:31:31 PM »

Went on an evening ride through the country. Coming from 377 up 1187 out of Whiskey Flats (not its real name, but what it's been called for years) I was winding through the gears when out of the corner of my eye I see a big fat Doe standing by the road (Doe, a deer, a female deer as the song goes). I haven't seen a deer this far north in about 30 years. Kinda spooked me :o. They're everywhere!

Jack

quietguy

Re: Saturday evening, Whiskey Flats
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »

No clue what or where that is... I'm near Sherman. :-\

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 05:32:52 PM »

No clue what or where that is... I'm near Sherman. :-\

Between Benbrook and Granbury, South of Ft. Worth.

paperpeddler

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:02:33 PM »

HEY i RIDE THROUGH THERE ALOT.  yOU WILL SEE THEM IN THE EARLY MORNING AND LATE EVENING.  bE CAREFUL.  lET ME KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE TO BE RIDING IN THAT AREA.

rEGARDS pAPERPEDDLER

jackandangie

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 08:15:14 AM »

HEY i RIDE THROUGH THERE ALOT.  yOU WILL SEE THEM IN THE EARLY MORNING AND LATE EVENING.  bE CAREFUL.  lET ME KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE TO BE RIDING IN THAT AREA.

rEGARDS pAPERPEDDLER

I'm in Grand Prairie. With the heat we've been doing some night time rides which are actually quite pleasant. There are some great roads down there, the scenery isn't much but at night it doesn't matter. Even familiar roads become somewhat of an adventure at night. Being in Grand Prairie we usually head south from here. Any other direction usually requires a trip through Dallas or Ft. Worth but south gets us out in the country faster without the hassle of traffic. I like riding down towards Venus and Maypearl. The busy Bee cafe in Maypearl is a great little lunch stop (they have great pie) and it's closer than Hico. We (the wife and I) ride with a group called the USA Highway riders. We're part of the Ft. Worth Chapter which is pretty small, but that's okay with us. Come out and ride with us sometime! You don't have to join to go on a ride with us.

Jack

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal