Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tech Session in the Austin area Sept. 13  (Read 2987 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Tech Session in the Austin area Sept. 13
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 09:10:25 AM »

I agree with rotating them, as I think Twin Peaks sucks Cranberries, the under the freeway location and all.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 02:07:17 PM »

True Noob, but it is also DEAD! 
I want to start a once a month tech session for the Austin area and try to rotate it around the area.

I would also like to schedule a once a month ride for breakfast on the weekends.  What do ya think?  I know many will not participate, but I also don't want to make it a race run either.  Casual ride out for breakfast or lunch or both.

Dude, I am in. My main issue is that I am a relatively new rider (less than 10k miles) and feel like I am holding the groups I usually ride with back because I don't like to ride 115 mph or drag my pegs. I just don't feel comfortable and won't do it, so I don't go. If it is just a casual ride, I am in. Maybe some day I will stand up in the seat, ride 400mph, and ride the Sisters in under 15 minutes... but right now, I know that I can't, so I don't want to hold back the people who like that and have the skills to do it. People can make fun if they like, I really don't care. I know I will live to ride another day...

We generally have several riders in our group rides that do not like to ride that fast. We always let them ride their own pace in the back. If they come to an intersection and nobody is there that means we went straight. If we are turning, we wait for the last bike before we turn. This way everyone rides the way they like.  :c

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 02:23:42 PM »

I want to start a once a month tech session for the Austin area and try to rotate it around the area.

I would also like to schedule a once a month ride for breakfast on the weekends.  What do ya think?  I know many will not participate, but I also don't want to make it a race run either.  Casual ride out for breakfast or lunch or both.

Dude, I am in. My main issue is that I am a relatively new rider (less than 10k miles) and feel like I am holding the groups I usually ride with back because I don't like to ride 115 mph or drag my pegs. I just don't feel comfortable and won't do it, so I don't go. If it is just a casual ride, I am in. Maybe some day I will stand up in the seat, ride 400mph, and ride the Sisters in under 15 minutes... but right now, I know that I can't, so I don't want to hold back the people who like that and have the skills to do it. People can make fun if they like, I really don't care. I know I will live to ride another day...

We generally have several riders in our group rides that do not like to ride that fast. We always let them ride their own pace in the back. If they come to an intersection and nobody is there that means we went straight. If we are turning, we wait for the last bike before we turn. This way everyone rides the way they like.  :c

And to think I always thought you guys were trying to lose me when you went straight  ::)  :t
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »

Wow.... Nice to find out this information. I had no idea about this.... Thanks. :thumbup:
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »

Wow.... Nice to find out this information. I had no idea about this.... Thanks. :thumbup:
Yep, we haven't lost Gumbo yet!  ::) Well, almost once.  :-X

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »

and it ain't like we haven't tried  :stickpoke:. Gumbo don't ride fast but fast enough :bikerider:
It's all just part of the adventure!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »

Thanks guys, don't worry Noob...we won't leave ya'.  We'll be cruisin' with you.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:45 PM »

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you enjoy your ride.  :thumbup: Riding fast does make my pee - pee twitch but in a scary way, when my pee pee twitches I want to like it.  ;D ;D ;D :thumbup: :thumbup:
At my age things are blurry enough  :t
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 10:46:18 AM »

You've been spending waaaay too much time with Trent.  :ohwow:

Yeah YEah Yeah.....
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »

I am in. lets start looking at rides and plan things out.
I would really like ride my bike again.  ;)
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

Gumbo...you should just be glad that your pee pee twitches!  Just make sure it doen't end-up in a gumbo or sauce.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:30:39 PM by beaux43 »
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 02:00:47 PM »

Gumbo...you should just be glad that your pee pee twitches! 

That's just the blisters poppin'.....

:stickpoke:

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 02:25:15 PM »

They also have bike night in Killeen, why not do one up here?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you enjoy your ride.  :thumbup: Riding fast does make my pee - pee twitch but in a scary way, when my pee pee twitches I want to like it.  ;D ;D ;D :thumbup: :thumbup:
At my age things are blurry enough  :t

:rofl: :rofl:   If I get scared , I just take off my glasses, If I can't see ,it can't scare me.

It's all just part of the adventure!

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 02:48:25 PM »

sgtstever...that would be cool, it's a different day isn't it.  I used to go when I lived in Belton, of course that was when it was at the old Tia's, Ultimate sports bar, etc.  It's held at Boston's now, correct!   :bikerider:   :c
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal