Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tech Session in the Austin area Sept. 13  (Read 2997 times)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
Tech Session in the Austin area Sept. 13
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:41:49 PM »

Anyone interested?
I need to do a valve adjust but could use some direction.  I have tools and one MC lift (might be able to get one more).  I also have a pit with food and cold drinks. I will have room for 2 bikes in the garage and 2 E-Z-Up canopies for probably 3-4 bikes.  I have to do this on Sunday because I coach and have a Cross Country meet on Sat. the 12th.  Let 's quit being dead-heads and get together.  If we get some interest, I will post directions.  I live in Del Valle about 2 1/2 miles East of the ABIA airport off 71 East and Tollway 130.

Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!     :pot:      :c    :lunch:    :bikerider:   

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
Re: Tech Session in the Austin area Sept. 13
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:07:28 PM »

I would like to join, but Sunday's is  very hard for me. My wife works and I have to take care of my daughters. Can it be done on Saturday?
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 08:09:32 AM »

As I mentioned in the original post...I coach and have a cross country meet in Moulton that morning and I will be back late on Saturday.  Hence, my hosting can only be on Sunday. 
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 12:14:08 PM »

DOOOOHHH!!!!!!

Sorry Beaux, I did read that part about you coaching on Saturday. I should not respond to posts when  I'm half asleep.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 12:53:42 PM »

That is Ok.  I understand long hours...we need to hook-up.  If you can trailer or have a side car; you are more than welcome to bring the kids.  Hopefully, more will
post-up to come over.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:25:31 AM »

CANCELLED DUE TO DEAD PEOPLE, PEOPLE OUT-OF-TOWN OR JUST NOT SOCIAL.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:45:51 PM »

How often do you have to adjust the valves
Technically speaking every 12K miles, but then again..........
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »

:redcard:
You don't have to if you get out as much as the Austin guys do! :t :laugh: :stickpoke: :pot: :couch:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 08:46:19 PM »

:redcard:
You don't have to if you get out as much as the Austin guys do! :t :laugh: :stickpoke: :pot: :couch:

Hey.... Looky here, Mr. Red Dragon (if that is your real name...)

I just found out this interweb thingy has nekkid pictures of womens on it. That is why I do not get out much nowadays.... :drool:
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »

True Noob, but it is also DEAD! 
I want to start a once a month tech session for the Austin area and try to rotate it around the area.

I would also like to schedule a once a month ride for breakfast on the weekends.  What do ya think?  I know many will not participate, but I also don't want to make it a race run either.  Casual ride out for breakfast or lunch or both.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »

I want to start a once a month tech session for the Austin area and try to rotate it around the area.

I would also like to schedule a once a month ride for breakfast on the weekends.  What do ya think?  I know many will not participate, but I also don't want to make it a race run either.  Casual ride out for breakfast or lunch or both.

Dude, I am in. My main issue is that I am a relatively new rider (less than 10k miles) and feel like I am holding the groups I usually ride with back because I don't like to ride 115 mph or drag my pegs. I just don't feel comfortable and won't do it, so I don't go. If it is just a casual ride, I am in. Maybe some day I will stand up in the seat, ride 400mph, and ride the Sisters in under 15 minutes... but right now, I know that I can't, so I don't want to hold back the people who like that and have the skills to do it. People can make fun if they like, I really don't care. I know I will live to ride another day...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 05:36:10 AM »

Your on track Breaux, keep it going, you guys have some of the best riding in Texas, take advantage of it.  ;)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 05:57:50 AM »

Dude, I am in. My main issue is that I am a relatively new rider (less than 10k miles) and feel like I am holding the groups I usually ride with back because I don't like to ride 115 mph or drag my pegs. I just don't feel comfortable and won't do it, so I don't go. If it is just a casual ride, I am in. Maybe some day I will stand up in the seat, ride 400mph, and ride the Sisters in under 15 minutes... but right now, I know that I can't, so I don't want to hold back the people who like that and have the skills to do it. People can make fun if they like, I really don't care. I know I will live to ride another day...

You've been spending waaaay too much time with Trent.  :ohwow:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 09:08:51 AM »

Not me!   ;D  I am tired of the Austin area sucking@%$  :-X and not doing anything.  Things do come up every now and then, but if you don't plan it, no one will come.  If you do plan and no one shows  :banghead: at least you have a party  :c for yourself. 

I am trying to be positive.   :thumbup:
I still coach  :redcard: and most everything will have to be on the weekends.   :bikerider: I will try to make some of the bike nights when work doesn't conflict; but again, very few show.  :couch:
I think we should rotate our bike nights to some of the other areas.
There is one on Wed. in Cedar Park, Thurs. at Twn Pks in RR, Thurs. Twn Pks in
S. Austin, etc. And maybe we just try to make one every other week and maybe
a once a month dinner on a set day of the week (ex: Wed.) on a set week (ex: 3rd Wed. of ea. month).
Yes or No?
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal