Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Why did you buy a VTX?  (Read 4680 times)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Re: Why did you buy a VTX?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 04:53:13 PM »

Jim and I decided we wanted to get back to riding bikes. He bought a Spirit 1100. Then he tells me he should have bought a VTX1800 but since he got the 1100 he had to be satisfied with it. I tell him to go for it and we will figure out what we need to do to sell the 1100. I told him if you are going to buy the 1800 then I am buying a bike too. I bought my Spirit 750.

He got that beautiful VTX1800 home and my eyes watered. I loved the headlight and still do.  I told him after riding for 2 yrs on my Spirit I was upgrading. Being I was such a good wife and let him buy the bigger bike........he told me to go get the VTX1300...........

We are a happy family now. Well not really. I want a slammed 1800 but I think I will be senisble and stick with the 1300 for now.... ::) ::)
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

torque

• Tejano
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 05:11:31 PM »

long story short.. I've loved VTX1800 when it first came out back at 2002. Loved those Stramelined looks.. everything flows just right.  That's how Cruiser is suppose to be Built...... it was all perfect!...But...  I was afraid at the size..  I went for Yellow 2003 CBR 600RR. I had it for probably a year.. Boy! it was fast machine! O0 I loved it.. I loved the way it revs up to 15K rpm and front wheel would lift up with no effort!... but that point. I realized that I wont live that long and losing my licence in no time... also my insurance was about $2K/yr for that Bike...  :o

During that time...Honda Had VTX blowout sale for 03 model...  8K OTD.  insurance quoted me around $327/Yr for those VTX's . it was no brainer for me...   ;)

I bought Toilet brush the other day, but I switched back to Toilet Paper real quick...

03 'C' Black 110 CI

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=4479&cat=500

UncleMike

• Rider
  • Plano, TX
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 05:56:46 PM »

...because I test drove one.  I owned it 2 hours later. What else can I say.  8)
Ride Safe and Ride a lot!
-Mike

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 07:30:56 PM »

same here saw it, :o loved it :-* rode it home O0
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

Paddyo

• Tejano
  • Bedford, TX
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 08:07:55 PM »

Hey guys new to the board and tell you the truth I don't remember why I picked the VTX but I'm sure glad I did  :) Been riding it for six months now and it sure beats my old Shadow
04 VTX 1300C Black

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 08:37:36 PM »

same here saw it, :o loved it :-* rode it home O0

hey! this is about the vtx not (the wing). oh wait a minute, thats right, you do have an X. forgot there for a minute since you never ride it anymore.  :( ;) :( ;) JK
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 08:50:57 PM »

I looked at all the bikes and compared the pluses and minuses  and one thing that sent me to Honda was that they are pretty much bullet proof engine wise and I wanted to ride and not tinker all the time.Also,looked at all the color selections and most bikes were black or dark colors and wanted something that would stand out so went with the Candy Apple Red Honda 1300.I bought it new in 2004 and not one bit of problem.
Alvin,Texas

quietguy

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:10 PM »

Hey guys new to the board and tell you the truth I don't remember why I picked the VTX but I'm sure glad I did  :) Been riding it for six months now and it sure beats my old Shadow

Welcome to a great forum... the people here are great.

Lennie

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 01:54:34 AM »

Get asked this question alot, "why a VTX?".  Several reasons for me, I came off of crotch rockets and wanted a cruiser.  While in Iraq, I new I was going to buy a new bike when I got home, (gotta love combat pay!), I seen the VTX in magazines while looking for what I wanted.  Always have thought that it is a real sharp looking bike.  When I got home, I went to the Honda stealer and fell in love instantly.  I was gonna check out the Road Star's, but never made it that far.  Anyhow, what were some of your reasons for buying the VTX?

Just curious...

I just wanted to be like you...  :-*
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 02:24:54 AM »

Get asked this question alot, "why a VTX?".  Several reasons for me, I came off of crotch rockets and wanted a cruiser.  While in Iraq, I new I was going to buy a new bike when I got home, (gotta love combat pay!), I seen the VTX in magazines while looking for what I wanted.  Always have thought that it is a real sharp looking bike.  When I got home, I went to the Honda stealer and fell in love instantly.  I was gonna check out the Road Star's, but never made it that far.  Anyhow, what were some of your reasons for buying the VTX?

Just curious...

Does this mean I can borrow the 'Vette when I get home? ;D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 03:02:34 AM »

Just curious...

Does this mean I can borrow the 'Vette when I get home? ;D

Phuck no.  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 06:07:50 AM »

"Phuck no."

Incorrect spelling. Should be "Phuque no."     (Re: Esquire magazine in the 70's about names on personalized tags not allowed in Texas.)  ....and you're a Rice Grad................................ ;)

Regarding VTX:

Displacement vs. price of other similar bikes and Honda name 
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 06:34:03 AM »

shorter and cheaper than superglide sport I was looking at.... and the message boards were better.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 07:18:10 AM »

"Phuck no."

Incorrect spelling. Should be "Phuque no."     (Re: Esquire magazine in the 70's about names on personalized tags not allowed in Texas.)  ....and you're a Rice Grad................................ ;)

I didn't think SgtStever would understand the French version...  ;)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 10:56:59 AM »

"Phuck no."

I didn't think SgtStever would understand the French version...  ;)

How cool...and out of a side door.............maybe, there is something to a Rice education. ;)
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal