Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Load equalizer  (Read 1480 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Load equalizer
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:13:28 PM »

Okay, so i replaced my front turn signals with a small signal light bar that mounts under my lower triple tree.  B/c of the smaller bulbs drawing less juice, it makes everything flash fast.  I knew this would happen, so i ordered the load equalizer from kuryakyn for metric bikes.  no big deal, right?, well, what i thought was installed correctly, isn't, it's stills flashing fast.  what i did was splice into the orange & blue signal wires and grounded the damn thing. nothing.  kury's instructions are about as useless as tits on a boar.  Any experienced input? also i just ordered some led rear turn signals, so i ordered another load equalizer, since i read that i would need tow load eq's to have them flash properly.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
Re: Load equalizer
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:24:03 AM »

Okay, so i replaced my front turn signals with a small signal light bar that mounts under my lower triple tree.  B/c of the smaller bulbs drawing less juice, it makes everything flash fast.  I knew this would happen, so i ordered the load equalizer from kuryakyn for metric bikes.  no big deal, right?, well, what i thought was installed correctly, isn't, it's stills flashing fast.  what i did was splice into the orange & blue signal wires and grounded the damn thing. nothing.  kury's instructions are about as useless as tits on a boar.  Any experienced input? also i just ordered some led rear turn signals, so i ordered another load equalizer, since i read that i would need tow load eq's to have them flash properly.
Do a little back tracking, someone just went through this, you'll have to dig through the posts a bit, but it's there somewhere?!
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

morpheus

• Rider
  • 02 VTX 1800c
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:10:31 AM »

Make sure the bulbs aren't upsidedown.....That can do it... I know! ....  O0

Railroader

• Old Timer
  • ORANGE is the fastest color!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »

Get yourself one of these......
http://www.customdynamics.com/trick_flasher.htm

I converted all my turn signals and taillight to leds and this flasher solved the fast flash. They even make a programmable one that lets you set the flash pattern to your liking. These plug directly into the socket where your stock flasher is. Ditch the load equalizers. They defeat the benefit of having lower power drawing bulbs or leds on your bike and they get hot.

matap

• Board
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »

Get yourself one of these......
http://www.customdynamics.com/trick_flasher.htm

I converted all my turn signals and taillight to leds and this flasher solved the fast flash. They even make a programmable one that lets you set the flash pattern to your liking. These plug directly into the socket where your stock flasher is. Ditch the load equalizers. They defeat the benefit of having lower power drawing bulbs or leds on your bike and they get hot.

I did check these out and loved the idea, but they don't fit my bike, at least it doesnt' specify and I'm getting tired of buying stuff for my neo and it not fitting.  But I think this is a whole lot better idea then load equalizers.

Railroader

• Old Timer
  • ORANGE is the fastest color!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »

As I recall this thing fits more models than the ones listed on the site. Give them a call. I bet it will work with your Neo. If you come to the tech session Saturday we can yank mine off my bike and see if it will fit yours and see if it fixes your problem.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:17:42 PM by Railroader »

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »

Matap, is this problem fixed? Me and my Neo want to know!
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

matap

• Board
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 11:48:59 AM »

Matap, is this problem fixed? Me and my Neo want to know!

hadn't got around to it yet.  but i will need to figure out in the next couple weeks.  I'll keep you posted.

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »

Try reading this thread on the 9-pin flasher relay issue.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234839&highlight=neo+flasher

Watch for post #15 by RICO. Let me know if that makes sense to you.
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal