Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New to board  (Read 1775 times)

r53123

• Trailer Queen
New to board
« on: August 12, 2009, 11:33:07 PM »

am new to this site-. i bought a '03 VTX1800c around 2 months ago, really wish I would had started it all out on one of these and left the Goldwings alone. One of the best bikes I've ever owned, the guy I bought this from really put some good upgrades in it. It's a keeper. The wife wasn't real happy whenever I sneaked it home, but I have MBS (Multiple Bike Syndrome)-just looking for the ultimate bike and I believe the VTX is one of the best.

But anyway guys I've got 9 more messages that's required for me to post before I can put my other bike up for sale on the classified section(per the instructions for newbies). i'll try to have more to say later
I'm going to post a '07 klr650

r53123

• Trailer Queen
Re: New to board
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »

I'm replying to myself now. dude!  Why in the world would you ever never ever want to sell a  trail bike(klr650) on this site.. well my son... ya just never know-there might be a buyer out there for it.
Seriousely. I have listed this bike several times with no luck on Craigslist. These are great all around bikes, and it's in very good shape

r53123

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 11:46:32 PM »

Here's another: Got a VTX1800 question-just recently put a light bar on my bike but had to take the hondaline windshield off because the running lights wouldn't allow for the windshield, and I'm not sure what to get as far as the right windshield for the bike now that the lightbar is on.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated

r53123

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 11:51:21 PM »

I did desmog my VTX1800 recently and took off the pars things-it took most of the backfire away and actually I can say it runs a little tighter or seems to, also put some baffles in the V & H. This bike is dino'd at 126hp and is very fun to ride, seems to stick around the 37-39 mpg mark though, but thats still good for using regular unleaded. Just wish I could get a functional windshield for it that will fit around the new running lights I just put on

r53123

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:58:12 PM »

Incidently. Went to a local motorcycle shop yesterday looking for some
"Silicate free" antifreeze. The owner said he doesn't carry any antifreeze, but buys his antifreeze from Autozone and puts this in all the bike. Not much can be said for this.
Matter of fact I met an old harley mechanic the other day and he said he uses only Castrol 20-50w engine oil in all his bikes at all times.... Whatever is the deal here... these people were serious when they spoke these words.
IT's true-(isn't it ) we don't use regular antifreeze and Castrol 20-50?

r53123

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 12:02:07 AM »

I also have a 1978 1st generation Honda CB750 4 cylinder, am told it's a collectors item, am wondering where I should try to sell this at. Have had this bike for a number of years but am recently resurrecting it. I could be wrong but isn't Ebay getting a little pricey to sell things-such as cars and bikes?

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 01:46:21 AM »

Welcome, I have a KLR , bad Cranberries dirt bike, almost, fun but not a serious dirt bike. more of a boonie stomp'er. 

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 07:13:28 AM »

Welcome from N.E.Texas!
2007 1800N Charcoal

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 07:38:29 AM »

Welcome from the Spring area, where u at lots of good info here and a lot of bull poop but it's fun.  ;D ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

r53123

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 08:00:34 AM »

Welcome from N.E.Texas!

Thanks, good to be here used to work in Troup, texas for awhile-lived in Tyler-in SA, TX. now

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 08:05:02 AM »

Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

r53123

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »

Welcome, I have a KLR , bad Cranberries dirt bike, almost, fun but not a serious dirt bike. more of a boonie stomp'er. 

Yes, do agree, had a 88 yz-490-now that was a scoot worth remembering
The KLR's (1st  one was tricked out whenever I got it) are thumpers for sure, am also on the klr.net forum and you can jack these things up to 705cc with alot of other adds.
But this klr is all stock even has highway tires on it-don't think it has ever seen the dirt-engine is super tight, am buying a house-so the boss lady wins out

r53123

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 08:07:54 AM »

Welcome from the Spring area, where u at lots of good info here and a lot of bull poop but it's fun.  ;D ;D

Am in San Antonio,Texas-purported to be the arm-pitt of the world(nah)-it's just sad if you own a bike here- These people just don't know how to drive-very beligerant to bikes

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »

Welcome to the board
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D

r53123

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 08:12:50 AM »

Do agree, they are Thumpers, this one has highway tires on it, so don't think it has ever seen the dirt

Used to have a 88 yz490-that was a scoot worth remembering
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal