Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well it's Been a Year  (Read 1231 times)

redfrog

• Rider
  • 2004 VTX 1800 Neo
Well it's Been a Year
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:24:52 AM »

Well it’s been a year,

Today is a milestone of sorts. A year ago today I almost lost my best friend, my soul mate and my wife. Yankeebelle was hit by a young girl driving with her 1 year old sitting in her lap while texting. Most of you know the story and have seen the pictures so we don’t have to relive all that. But since the wreck Belle is mostly healed. Well about as far as she can go. Her left arm doesn’t function anymore and she has to keep it in a sling now. Her hand has some movement but it’s very limited. But through it all she has been awesome. Our lives changed but we still are loving life and each other. Our grand kids are growing and that’s all you can ask for. We lost Rags our 16 year old cat but she had a good life. I still work 2 jobs but don’t ride as much as I use to. I miss my riding buddy for sure. We hope to remedy that situation by putting a sidecar on the VTX or find a reasonably priced Goldwing. I am leaning toward the sidecar. I tend to pick the weird or odd things and having a sidecar on a VTX 1800 N would be different. I am looking forward to taking along vacation on our scoot to Alaska or hell anywhere.

Belle goes through her day finding new and inventive ways to do the things she use to do two handed. Ladies try and put on a bra 1 handed. Or put a fitted sheet on a bed. I tried the sheet thing and it’s a bisatch. The first time it took her 45 min to get the sheet on. Now it’s about 10 minutes. And you should see the bowl spin around when she is mixing something. You have to remember she is left handed and it was her left arm and shoulder that was messed up. It’s always interesting to watch her go. I am just glad I still can. Through all this we have met and talked with some of ya’ll and are truly grateful for the support. This is an anniversary that I hate but look forward to because she is still here to see it with me. I think it may be an emotional day for her but it also will be a milestone.

So yes it’s been a Year but oh what a year!

SteveS

• Regular Advanced
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2006 VTX 1300R,2005 GL 1800,2013 Goldwing Trike
Re: Well it's Been a Year
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:57:08 AM »

Be strong,and be positive.

Our prayers are with both of you.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:57:34 AM »

Good to hear that things are getter better. I thnk the Neo would look really cool with a sidecar. There is actually a sidecar manufacture not too far from me call Texasidecar. Might look them up if wanting a new one.
www.Texassidecars.com
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:19:40 AM »

Courage like yours and 'Belle's should be rewarded. Everyone here is pulling for both of you.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 07:23:36 AM »

Best of luck going forward, wish you both many happy miles ahead.  :thumbup: Sidecar would be very kool
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 07:38:57 AM »

You all's courage is an inspiration, well done.
It's all just part of the adventure!

mmc3673

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 08:33:16 AM »

Even a bad day with your soulmate is better than the best day alone.  I regret that the day brings back horrible memories but it definately is a reason to celebrate that she is here.  Stay strong and yes the sidecar would be awesome, give you a conversation starter too :)

Wahoo

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

:agree: Definitely an excellent reminder to not sweat the small things in a marriage!  I'm glad you both are doing better.

Keep posting about the sidecar.  I've been wanting to do that to mine so my mother-in-law would go with Jim and I.
Secret to a Happy Marriage -- an '02 1800C for him and an '03 1800C for ME!!!

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 10:46:49 AM »

+1

I wish I could think of something better to say but he nailed it.
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »

:agree:+2 Well said!

And let me cast another vote (as if my vote would count) for a sidecar on a Neo!!! I think that would be super  :cool2:. What ever you and your better-half decide to do, enjoy every moment!
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 01:28:51 PM »

Sounds like Belle is a strong person, and with your support everything will be OK. It would be neat to have a sidecar with a sound system and ice chest. The best of everything to you and Belle. God Bless!
2007 1800N Charcoal

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »

God Bless.... to you and Belle...

Look forward on seeing you guy's again soon....

8)
Joe Cool...8)

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 06:37:25 PM »

One crappy year down.....

FIFTY happier ones to go!
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 11:09:58 PM »

+1

I wish I could think of something better to say but he nailed it.

:agree: You guys are blessed.

Dusty

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 06:17:03 PM »

I'm gonna fess up and tell you that when I read this this morning, it brought tears to my eyes. I wish I had the strength, love and fortitude that you two have. I wish you both all the best in the future with whatever and whereever your adventures take you.

Test ride the side car thing. I have been told they ride pretty rough but I don't know what era of sidecar that comment was based on.

Dusty
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal