Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Please pray for my brother in law updated  (Read 1388 times)

eavd

• Rider
Please pray for my brother in law updated
« on: July 17, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »

My brother in law was involved in a freak accident he was at a friends house who was using a grinder blade on a drill.  My BOL told him that was not good.  About that time the blde broke and a piece went through his eye and into his brain.  Care flight took him to the hospital.  Looks like he has lost his eye and will have unknown brain damage.  

Jason was in the hospital from July 7 until July 18th.  He was then released.  He is up and talkng, moving around some and doing well for all things considered.  He has lost his eye, but other then that seems to be in real good shape.  Guess they were not ready for him yet.  He will have to undergo some more surgeries on his face etc.  But all in all I think he is going to be ok.

Thanks from my family to yours for all the prayers and well wishes.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:55:35 AM by eavd »

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Please pray for my brother in law
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:32:04 PM »

Sorry to hear about him!! Prayers sent!!   8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »

WOW. I am sorry to hear about that.
I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »

My brother in law was involved in a freak accident he was at a friends house who was using a grinder blade on a drill.  My BOL told him that was not good.  About that time the blde broke and a piece went through his eye and into his brain.  Care flight took him to the hospital.  Looks like he has lost his eye and will have unknown brain damage. 
DAYUM!!!!!! I am so sorry to hear this! I'll add him to my prayer list, what's his first name?
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

wolverine

• Tejano
  • He has put eternity in their hearts. —Eccl.3:11
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:09:28 PM »

So sorry to hear. We are praying for healing and comfort.
God Bless, DavidO 
2005 VTX1800F S1, Tribal on Titanium. Corbin seat w/studs, sweetest girl in the world on the backrest. Willie n Max saddle bags, Kuryakyn Maltese cross foot pegs n grips. Hondaline windshield. Tank bra. 200 Metzler ME 880 Front n Rear 31,000 n climbing.

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »

Sorry to hear about the accident. Prayers sent.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 09:28:24 PM »

Prayers sent!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

eavd

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 01:05:18 AM »

My brother in law was involved in a freak accident he was at a friends house who was using a grinder blade on a drill.  My BOL told him that was not good.  About that time the blade broke and a piece went through his eye and into his brain.  Care flight took him to the hospital.  Looks like he has lost his eye and will have unknown brain damage. 
DAYUM!!!!!! I am so sorry to hear this! I'll add him to my prayer list, what's his first name?

His name is Jason Cook

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 02:45:38 AM »

My brother in law was involved in a freak accident he was at a friends house who was using a grinder blade on a drill.  My BOL told him that was not good.  About that time the blade broke and a piece went through his eye and into his brain.  Care flight took him to the hospital.  Looks like he has lost his eye and will have unknown brain damage. 

His name is Jason Cook

As a person who has walked away from many situations that should have killed me, I have added Mr. Jason Cook to my prayer list. I know that all prayers help, but truth be known, if you have read how eliquently Jeff (PogoGolf) prays, his should do the job of 100 men. His words inspire me to this day when he posted a prayer for an injured Marine...

I will add mine nonetheless... Since you have posted asking for prayer, you believe in it's power. The Lord shall place His hand on you and your family in this time of need. Believe, ask, and it shall be granted. May He watch over Jason and in His infinite wisdom (of which we, as FINITE creatures, shall never understand or comprehend) take into consideration Jason's work that is left on this earth when He makes his decision to call him home or not... Should the Lord decide to call Jason home, let us all rejoice in the bounty you and your family have shared with Jason. Keep him in your heart. I know all of the X'ers shall...

May He bless you and your family.

-Not n00b tonight.... Just Mike...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 05:45:10 AM »

My brother in law was involved in a freak accident he was at a friends house who was using a grinder blade on a drill.  My BOL told him that was not good.  About that time the blade broke and a piece went through his eye and into his brain.  Care flight took him to the hospital.  Looks like he has lost his eye and will have unknown brain damage.  

His name is Jason Cook

As a person who has walked away from many situations that should have killed me, I have added Mr. Jason Cook to my prayer list. I know that all prayers help, but truth be known, if you have read how eliquently Jeff (PogoGolf) prays, his should do the job of 100 men. His words inspire me to this day when he posted a prayer for an injured Marine...

I will add mine nonetheless... Since you have posted asking for prayer, you believe in it's power. The Lord shall place His hand on you and your family in this time of need. Believe, ask, and it shall be granted. May He watch over Jason and in His infinite wisdom (of which we, as FINITE creatures, shall never understand or comprehend) take into consideration Jason's work that is left on this earth when He makes his decision to call him home or not... Should the Lord decide to call Jason home, let us all rejoice in the bounty you and your family have shared with Jason. Keep him in your heart. I know all of the X'ers shall...

May He bless you and your family.

-Not n00b tonight.... Just Mike...
I join Mike in what he just lifted up as it is also my sincere petition for you and your family...though horrible things (from our perspective) will happen for no apparent reason, I truly and firmly believe that God is in charge and knows our pain and our hearts...crap that we endure on this earth (like these two most recent situations) is temporary and in the grander scheme of things is little more than a fleeting second in relation to things when compared to eternity. Again, I join Mike in his prayer for Jason and his family...plus, I'm still thinking of Colton.  :agree:  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:05:29 AM by POGOGOLF »

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 07:01:18 AM »

What a strange accident, Prayers lifted, strength to him, family and friends.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 07:41:15 AM »

May the doctors be granted the wisdom to know how to handle this situation, Jason a strong will to overcome, the family strength to believe for the best, and the friend forgiveness for the damage he has inflicted.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 11:42:55 AM »

May the doctors be granted the wisdom to know how to handle this situation, Jason a strong will to overcome, the family strength to believe for the best, and the friend forgiveness for the damage he has inflicted.
There you have it!  :thumbup:

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 12:55:05 PM »

Prayers are with him....for a speedy recovery!
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »

God Bless your brother in law. Our thoughts are with him and his family.
2007 1800N Charcoal

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal