Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fairing for 1300 VTX  (Read 3119 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Fairing for 1300 VTX
« on: July 11, 2009, 03:04:39 PM »

Ok thinking of installing a fairing on my bike and know all the makes out there and pretty much all of them look top notch.Anyone in the Houston area have one on ther bike so I can check it out?The reason being I have the Hicks Nudie bar and might be some clearance issues especially the one from Extreem Revolution.
Alvin,Texas

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Fairing for 1300 VTX
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »

Here are some pictures of the front of some of the fairings I have found!! Some look like they will fit with the nudie bar!

http://www.rifle.com/stores/showprod.cfm?&DID=9&ObjectGroup_ID=543&CatID=10&ProductCategory=Cruise_Tour(tm)_Fairing

http://www.xtremerevolution.com/Store/sp-517-1-hoppe-quadzilla-fairing-for-vtx.aspx

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=84&manufacturer_ID=6&product_ID=39769&model_ID=64&sblid_name=Custom_World_International_Premeux_Classic_Fairing___VTX__________to_____for_Honda_VTX_1300_C&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=na&utm_campaign=froogle

http://xchoppers.com/product_info.php?products_id=1872

Just a picture I found online of a 1300 with a fairing!

JGomez55 has a fairing on his 1300 and lives in New Braunfels, Texas. Might ask him for some pictures! Hope this helps!! Kinda makes me think about getting one!!   

Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 11:30:58 PM »

There is a guy on the OA who has a Nudie Bar installed with an HD fairing.
Displaced Texan.

captainlon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 12:28:49 AM »

I also have been researching a fairing for my '06 1300 S. Phat performance has a model for $189.95 that I been looking at. If there are any better deals out there I would appreciate a heads up. :goldwing:
https://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2330%2D0023
captainlon

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »

That's just an outer. If it were me, and I were going to run a fairing, I would want the stereo, and speakers, etc.
Displaced Texan.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:34:48 AM »

That's just an outer. If it were me, and I were going to run a fairing, I would want the stereo, and speakers, etc.
:agree:  I would want the whole package!!
Member since 2004

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 02:52:10 PM »

Me and some cowokers put mine together, and may be able to help you out. Contact me by PM and will give you Cesar's contact info so you can discuss...

The mold came from a HD roadking fairing, I did research on the stereo and speakers. I selecd the best ones I could think of and the sound is awsome... am sure it can all be incuded in a package deal..
The bracket mounts were adapted for the switchblade mounts, an had it custom painted to match the color of my ride. PM me your email I can send you photos....

8)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 02:54:31 PM by JGomez55 »
Joe Cool...8)

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »

Me and some cowokers put mine together, and may be able to help you out. Contact me by PM and will give you Cesar's contact info so you can discuss...

The mold came from a HD roadking fairing, I did research on the stereo and speakers. I selecd the best ones I could think of and the sound is awsome... am sure it can all be incuded in a package deal..
The bracket mounts were adapted for the switchblade mounts, an had it custom painted to match the color of my ride. PM me your email I can send you photos....

8)

This fairing should work great with the Nudie Bar judgeing from your sig pic. BTW, I spoke with you a while back about your fairings. Never heard anything back from you. How are sales going? You should come visit my forum. We are trying to gather as many metric aftermarket vendors together as possible. You are more than welcome to advertise your product there for free as well.
Displaced Texan.

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »

8)

This fairing should work great with the Nudie Bar judgeing from your sig pic. BTW, I spoke with you a while back about your fairings. Never heard anything back from you. How are sales going? You should come visit my forum. We are trying to gather as many metric aftermarket vendors together as possible. You are more than welcome to advertise your product there for free as well.

That nudie bar is great been looking for something like that. It has been going well, on and off since we are only advertising by word of mouth... currently doing one for a Vstar with racin stripes... since begining of year we've made 11 total, lead time has been 6-8 weeks so trying to keep up is another issue.

I will check in your forum... thanks for your follow up..
Joe Cool...8)

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »

I've been contemplating a fairing, but I really have to figure out how to make it work with my setup.

Drop buy and advertise you stuff bro. It's open to all vendors and all metric bikes.
Displaced Texan.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »

I've been contemplating a fairing, but I really have to figure out how to make it work with my setup.

Drop buy and advertise you stuff bro. It's open to all vendors and all metric bikes.
Hey Steve maybe they will cut us a deal for two!! Buy one get one free!!  ;D  :thumbup:
Member since 2004

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 08:35:02 PM »

I just bought one from Xtreme Revolution.  getting back on tuesday from the painter and will have on before this weekend, Stereo and all. We can meet up some time and you can check it out.  I purchased the light bar from xtreme Revolution and that mounts under the lower triple tree.  I think from looking @ Lucky's Lover Nudie bar that there will be a clearance issue.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

DEMON

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »

you will love the fairing with the stereo!!!    :thumbup:

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal