Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Using forein treaty to eliminate the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6017 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Using forein treaty to eliminate the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 11:41:04 AM »

Ok, The driving thing I wont comment on due to the fact that so many drive with no license.
The knock on the door from some fed wanting my guns, I don't see, coming any time soon. They would find few LEO's willing to do it. The military could get it done. Few could stand for long with our guns, in the face of military fire power. Many would try, and die. So what is the point in telling the French or the Mexicans, that I have a gun?
With so many nations giving up their guns, any move in that direction, in this country, I am totally opposed to. Those countries are not looking out for my best interest, so why do they want to know information on the # of private guns in this country?
I see this as a waste, intended to gain some kind of favor, from people who don't wish us well.
Politicians stir this kind of crap up, to get us mad, so we won't see what the other hand is doing. 

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 12:39:35 PM »

May I chime in here.
Not everyone should have the right to drive. Or bread in that case. If you can't feed them don't bread them!

What about people who can't spell or use the English language correctly??? {Good Lord!!!} ::)

Now for the topic at hand here, gun control. If you can't see what's happening or just don't care. Stay the hell out of the way.

Eh, sorry, please define 'what is happening' so the rest of us can see it thru your eyes,,, Are you for, or against? If so, what?  Be specific, just blowing smoke or automatically whining about any form of 'gun control' that may or may not apply to you doesn't tell us why you are for or against anything,,, At what point are you for or against gun control, as we are subjected to some forms of gun control already,,, (Unless you are not abiding by the law) Are you for absolutely no control whatsoever, where any felon should be allowed to carry a gun, or accept the status quo, never to change no matter what, or are you open to ANY laws that might help with crime reduction?
Now I have guns. If you want to know what guns I have good luck, coming in and checking them out.

I have no need to come inspect your guns ::) I do not believe the topic here is about searching homes for guns.  ::)

Afraid to stand up for themselves or their country? Can't comment there as I don't know anyone like whom you speak of!  

We the people need to be able to stand up we equal power as the government in case our freedoms are in jeopardy. Not because they are going to be but to make sure that they are not ever going to be.
If you Dem wit democrats can't understand that my god help you if something happens, because I won’t nor will the rest of us "Right Wingers"

Old school thinkin', circa 1776,,, Today, that notion is already too far gone to be even a consideration.  If you think you and your fellow "Right Winger" friends home made 'arsenal' is anywhere near strong enough to take out the Government, eh, let's just say I'd buy a ticket for that show!!!  ;D

Now this is what I think. You are welcome to you thoughts no matter how wrong they are.

Eh, well, If you think your opinions are a lot different than mine, well, maybe in some regards they are. Not all, but some. America's people are diverse, and 'one size does not fit all" Perhaps someday you'll truely understand that, and no be so offended when your political party was defeated in the last national election. Nothing wrong with that, but that sure doesn't prove 'wrong' vs 'right', or anything inbetween!

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »

May I chime in here.
Not everyone should have the right to drive. Or bread in that case. If you can't feed them don't bread them!

What about people who can't spell or use the English language correctly??? {Good Lord!!!} ::)

We the people need to be able to stand up we equal power as the government in case our freedoms are in jeopardy. Not because they are going to be but to make sure that they are not ever going to be.
If you Dem wit democrats can't understand that my god help you if something happens, because I won’t nor will the rest of us "Right Wingers"

Old school thinkin', circa 1776,,, Today, that notion is already too far gone to be even a consideration.  If you think you and your fellow "Right Winger" friends home made 'arsenal' is anywhere near strong enough to take out the Government, eh, let's just say I'd buy a ticket for that show!!!  ;D

First of all, hacking on someone because of their spelling and/or use of proper English? Really?

And second of all, your statement about us private gun owners not being able to stand up to he military... You better check your facts...

The number of private new gun ownership rises by about 4.5 million every year. There are 250+ million privately-owned firearms in the United States, with those being distributed between an estimated 150 million people.

The U.S. military is composed of almost three million personnel, of which approximately half are reserve personnel.

If 3% of the private gun owners revolted, they would outnumber the military personel (ALL OF THEM) 2-1. I pray to the Good Lord that it never comes to that, but I like my odds if it does... And I will definitely sell you a front row ticket..
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »

The only thing that occurs to me about a face off between private gun owners and the military is that I would assume the military has bigger badder armament at their disposal then the private gun owners do.  Also, I would imagine that it would be very difficult for the private gun owners around the country to organize themselves together as a unified front against the military which has had decades to refine their techniques, strategic moves and communications with each other. 

Having a son who has been in the military and knowing how he feels about gun ownership and his disagreement with government control of his guns, it would be interesting to see how cooperative the foot soldiers and LEOs would be at carrying out commands from on high to attack the private gun owners.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »

The only thing that occurs to me about a face off between private gun owners and the military is that I would assume the military has bigger badder armament at their disposal then the private gun owners do.  Also, I would imagine that it would be very difficult for the private gun owners around the country to organize themselves together as a unified front against the military which has had decades to refine their techniques, strategic moves and communications with each other. 

Having a son who has been in the military and knowing how he feels about gun ownership and his disagreement with government control of his guns, it would be interesting to see how cooperative the foot soldiers and LEOs would be at carrying out commands from on high to attack the private gun owners.

Very well put. And I definitely agree with you. :thumbup:

But IMO, sometimes there is strength in numbers. My cousin is military and feels exactly as your son does. I just pray that it never comes to that. I'm pretty sure it won't, but Lord help us all if it does.

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 04:33:51 PM »

First of all, hacking on someone because of their spelling and/or use of proper English? Really?

Why not? Or are 'Dem's and Liberals' the only ones allowed to be hacked on here? Even a 4th grader should know the difference between bread and breed. Is this a true example the level of education that an anti-gun contol enthusiast has? I was born, raised, and educated right here in America, and I have no sympathy for 'adults' that can't read, write, or speak simple English.

And second of all, your statement about us private gun owners not being able to stand up to he military... You better check your facts...

The number of private new gun ownership rises by about 4.5 million every year. There are 250+ million privately-owned firearms in the United States, with those being distributed between an estimated 150 million people.

The U.S. military is composed of almost three million personnel, of which approximately half are reserve personnel.

If 3% of the private gun owners revolted, they would outnumber the military personel (ALL OF THEM) 2-1. I pray to the Good Lord that it never comes to that, but I like my odds if it does... And I will definitely sell you a front row ticket..

Please do!!! You seem to believe this will be a one on one type of encounter, (NOPE!) and seem to have forgetten the military has a few more 'toys' in their toolbox that what the average Joe has. Here's just one:

&feature=related,

I'd love to see a flock of 'Bubba's' with pistol's and AK's take on a AC-130.

I'd take my chances with the military ANY day!

Also, in indicating that you'd 'have a better chance' with the citizens instead of the Military, I'd think that our fine Service people would take offense to that statement, regardless of 'the numbers'!!!!/quote]

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »

Ok, The driving thing I wont comment on due to the fact that so many drive with no license.
The knock on the door from some fed wanting my guns, I don't see, coming any time soon. They would find few LEO's willing to do it. The military could get it done. Few could stand for long with our guns, in the face of military fire power. Many would try, and die. So what is the point in telling the French or the Mexicans, that I have a gun?
With so many nations giving up their guns, any move in that direction, in this country, I am totally opposed to. Those countries are not looking out for my best interest, so why do they want to know information on the # of private guns in this country?
I see this as a waste, intended to gain some kind of favor, from people who don't wish us well.
Politicians stir this kind of crap up, to get us mad, so we won't see what the other hand is doing. 

I appreciate your comments and your viewpoint! Interesting!

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »

The only thing that occurs to me about a face off between private gun owners and the military is that I would assume the military has bigger badder armament at their disposal then the private gun owners do.  Also, I would imagine that it would be very difficult for the private gun owners around the country to organize themselves together as a unified front against the military which has had decades to refine their techniques, strategic moves and communications with each other.  

But IMO, sometimes there is strength in numbers. My cousin is military and feels exactly as your son does. I just pray that it never comes to that. I'm pretty sure it won't, but Lord help us all if it does.

I agree as well, very well put, and I can see your point. I do not know anyone directly involved with the Military well enough (except my 71 yr old Dad, Korean War era Tank Mechanic) to know their exact position on gun control. Surely they realize 'guns aren't for everyone', but where do they draw the line? How do they feel?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:49:18 PM by Scotrod »

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »

Also, in indicating that you'd 'have a better chance' with the citizens instead of the Military, I'd think that our fine Service people would take offense to that statement, regardless of 'the numbers'!!!!/quote]

For you to insinuate our fine service men and women would take up arms against their fellow countrymen to slaughter them for having weapons allowed by the second amendment is not only quite a bit more insulting, but a complete asinine statement based on absolutely no facts. I simply stated, as I will again since you obviously misunderstood, is that in a numbers game, the gun owner wins. Period. You really think that our soldiers would drop bombs or turn fighter planes loose on civilians because they have a pistol? You really think that the pilots would say..." Uhhhh, yes sir. I will kill all those folks.."? Or will it be a door-to-door kinda thing? To quote your 1776 reference, most people wouldn't have taken a bet for the American Colonists against the better armed, better trained, and massively overpowered Hessian and English army, huh?

You can try to get the military vets and active duty guys riled up at me if you want, but everyone on this board knows me better than that. Just ask Sgt. Stever. I guess the fact that the Gun Store that I just opened offers a DEEP discount to all LEO's as well as current and retired military is just a coverup for my military hatred... :banghead:

And I think you just might be the one to have a little "offense" taken on your post calling us that believe in gun ownership "Bubba" and that us "anti-gun control enthusists" have a 4th grade education...

I graduated 7th grade, dammit. Pops bought me a surface to air missile as a graduation present..
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:05:49 PM by ViciousNoob »

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 07:58:15 PM »

I know how I feel. I spent my teen age years riding a nuc sub, with nuc missiles, Yea, I was on the front line of the cold war. I was a teenager so I did nothing more important than drive, and make the air. More than that, I sent my eldest son when the towers fell. I am a long haired red neck, I make no apology to any one for it.
My little ones have learned to shoot very well, they are also trained in use of weapons of all kinds from sling shot to sward. I pray that they will never need to use what I have taught them.
The world is full of people who for what ever reason wish us harm.
The power to do harm to others, is the best reason to cause them to re think their actions toward you. A good Cranberries kicking, can change so much in how you are perceived. I kept this long hair here in Amarillo, where every cowboy has a sharp pocket knife and wanted my pony tail. I still have it.
I am old now, I don't go to bars much.
Point is you don't show your cards until its time to lay down.
I don't want anyone knowing what they are facing when they come knocking on my door.
The American dream is not the same for us all, but we all have the right to dream our own dreams. Not saying a Cranberries kicking is coming your way due to the fact that your dreams clash with my own.
I will say that me and mine, are geared to defend this nation. Old glory still causes me to remove my hat. My kids will stand, as I did.
I can't hand down the America I grew up in. It is not there.
I do intend to hand down my guns to my kids, and pass the torch.
They won't surrender them any more than I will.             

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 08:37:57 PM »

Wow! I see a whole lotta questions here. I'd like to address some of them. My time is limited, so if I misread or misinterpreted something please let me know, and I'll try to make it right. Maybe it's just that I'm having one of those days, but I'm having a difficult time interpreting some of these posts, and the point the posters are trying to make.

I saw reference to the "right to drive." Driving is a privilege, not a right. You have the RIGHT to drive whatever you want any way you want -- on your own property. On a public roadway, you may enjoy the privilege, as long as you meet the criteria established by the public service entities, funded by your tax dollars and responsible for safeguarding your tax dollars. The safety and welfare of the public is at stake. If y'all want to hear my (long and boring -- call me if you suffer from insomnia) treatise on the rights of society versus the rights of the individual, set aside a few hours and let me know; I'd be delighted to accomodate you. Many people refuse to "grow up", for lack of a better term, behind the wheel. When public roadways handle the volumes of traffic that we see in our urban and suburban areas, each and every driver has the RESPONSIBILITY to operate his/her vehicle in a safe manner. Merely being a courteous driver; respecting the other people you share the road with and contributing your share of cooperation to make the road a safe place to operate, will go a long way to reducing the roadway carnage we see daily on the road. Cars kill a lot more people than guns in this country. Drivers who routinely disregard the rules of the road NEED to have their driving PRIVILEGE revoked. Nothing difficult about the concept. If I have to share the road with you, I have the RIGHT to be there without you endangering the lives and welfare of me and my family. In spite of your blustering to the contrary, you do not have the right to endanger me, my family, or my property.

Gun control. Now, there's a controversial subject! In the political climate in this country, common sense has no place. The gun grabbers want you to believe that firearms are inherently evil. Yet an inanimate object cannot be inherently good or evil; those qualities are derived from how that inanimate object is used.  The gun grabbers want you to believe that legislation can preclude criminal conduct. That notion is so absurd that I won't bother to debate it; if that were the case we could simply outlaw murder and murder would cease to occur. However, firearms -- unlike illegal drugs, for instance -- have a legitimate and necessary place in our society. Because we have a great deal of individual freedom in this country, we also have a great deal of opportunity for criminals to prey on the members of this society. Honest citizens have the right -- both a natural inherent right and a statutory right -- to protect themselves and their families and their homes from oppression by criminals -- and from the government. One might also argue that we have a RESPONSIBILITY to do so. If any of you left-wingers wish to debate interpretations of the Second Amendment's verbiage, let me know; I don't mind doing it but I'll assume for now that most of you comprehend the context intended by the drafters.

As far as doing away with law enforcement because criminals disregard the laws, that premise just shows a lack of understanding of how our system works. Laws are passed to establish acceptable parameters of conduct. Those laws provide a means for redress for those who violate the laws; law enforcement investigates, charges, and arrests transgressors, and the judiciary tries the facts and punishes those deemed guilty. The concept that legislation, on its own merit, can preclude aberrant conduct, does indeed appear to be a left-wing belief.

I saw reference to "durn liberals/kool aid excuse." You might find it entertaining to note that on one forum that I visit daily the left-wingers all refer to the right as kool aid drinkers. But then they also refer to anyone who disagrees with their Messiah as racist radicals. Apparently that makes them feel better about themselves. Anyway, kool aid drinking, like lying, cheating, and stealing, seems to be rampant in both parties. Oh well..................................................

Now, on a serious note: I saw asked, concerning firearms ownership, "What would happen if the government knew?" So Scotrod (I think it was you who asked -- my apologies if I'm misquoting), I must ask -- Why do they need to know? Obama has a stated intention to implement strict gun control legislation. The AG is a big ditto, along with most of the Democratic cadre. Gun control (a basic party plank of the left) has been proven over and over to be unrelated to crime statistics, yet these "virtuous leaders" insist on disregarding the truth and lying to America to push their agenda. Why? These "virtuous leaders" have been using another country's lack of leadership, integrity, and commitment to its citizens to place the responsibility for that country's failures on American citizens. These "virtuous leaders" that Americans elected to represent them have knowingly lied to the Americans who elected them, to push an agenda that has been proven to be a failure to achieve its stated goal -- crime control. I believe that the true goal of these "virtuous leaders" (and many of them have so stated) is to disarm all Americans. Nothing else makes sense. So, in answer to your question, I say that if the government knew, it (or at least certain select members of it) would use the information to disarm all honest citizens AS THEY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOR SO LONG, AND AS THEY HAVE SUPPORTED THOSE EFFORTS WITH FREQUENT AND BLATANT LIES, and after all of that one fact remains: If our "virtuous leaders" were indeed virtuous; if they were indeed patriotic, if they were indeed working honestly for the preservation of the nation, they would have nothing to fear from American citizens. But because they have lied to me; because they have stated their distrust for me; because they have stated their intent to disarm me and because they have attempted to do so over and over; and because there is absolutely NO real benefit from this, another of their agenda-driven plots, I say that they may all ingest fecal matter and expire. What else ya wanna know?
02 1800C

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 09:04:23 PM »

Well said, Hipshot...

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 09:53:05 PM »

Mega Dittos Hipshot!   :agree:
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 10:08:31 PM »

The only thing that occurs to me about a face off between private gun owners and the military is that I would assume the military has bigger badder armament at their disposal then the private gun owners do.  Also, I would imagine that it would be very difficult for the private gun owners around the country to organize themselves together as a unified front against the military which has had decades to refine their techniques, strategic moves and communications with each other.  

I agree as well, very well put, and I can see your point. I do not know anyone directly involved with the Military well enough (except my 71 yr old Dad, Korean War era Tank Mechanic) to know their exact position on gun control. Surely they realize 'guns aren't for everyone', but where do they draw the line? How do they feel?

I'll tell ya how they feel.... They fight for our FREEDOM. They die for our FREEDOM. And our freedom is not a "pick and choose" thing like most "dem's and lib's" want it to be. "You are free to do this per the Constitution, but screw that Amendment...". I am free to own a gun, to protect my family and friends. They fight for that freedom. That's how the majority of them feel, IMO. At least that is how all of the military that I have dealt with is... from my family in the military, to my friends in the military, to the Patriot Guard Riders (of which I am a member of) who ride in honor of the fallen heros in the military. That's how they feel.

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 12:09:32 PM »

I'll tell ya how they feel.... They fight for our FREEDOM. They die for our FREEDOM. And our freedom is not a "pick and choose" thing like most "dem's and lib's" want it to be. "You are free to do this per the Constitution, but screw that Amendment...". I am free to own a gun, to protect my family and friends. They fight for that freedom. That's how the majority of them feel, IMO. At least that is how all of the military that I have dealt with is... from my family in the military, to my friends in the military, to the Patriot Guard Riders (of which I am a member of) who ride in honor of the fallen heros in the military. That's how they feel.

/quote]

OK, I can live with that!  :thumbup:.

Now, can you, or ANYONE HERE, explain exactly why this legislation prohibits you from owning guns, or protecting your family?????

Does this legislation flat our DENY you ANY rights? If you feel it does, be specific, and list what RIGHT it is that you reference. You're not losing your guns, or your right to keep and bear arms, so what 'amendment or law' would be violated by the passing of this legislation,,, The is no law for 'Freedom", so you'll have to be a bit more specific,,,It doesn't, yet this is the very argument, (or 'fear') that folks have about it or any kind of gun control.

SO, is this 'fear
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal