Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Using forein treaty to eliminate the 2nd Amendment  (Read 6035 times)

WILD E

• Old Timer
Using forein treaty to eliminate the 2nd Amendment
« on: July 06, 2009, 11:25:35 AM »

Believe it or not, this was on CNN- /Lou Dobbs.  Shows the extent to which the social engineer Obama and the low-life Democrats will go to eliminate the Second Amendment, and this by using a foreign treaty as the process- watch this, and be warned. You have to see this to believe it!!
http://wearechangecoloradosprings.org/blog/?p=594
03 1800 VTX RS BLACK
New Braunfels

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Using forein treaty to eliminate the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 11:51:18 AM »

sad state of affairs our country is in now.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 12:57:13 PM »

Well it goes back to the old saying " they can have my guns when they pry them outa my cold dead hands", If we get outa this Obama era as a country, that still has half of the rights we had, and still half functions, we'll be real lucky.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 02:56:08 PM »

We will cease to exist as a world power and a country as long as this idiot and the super liberals are in power.They can come take my guns and thats how it will have to be take them but I swear to God they will pay a price.Some will not be going home to mommy that night but chit happens. :angryno:
Alvin,Texas

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 03:04:08 PM »

We will cease to exist as a world power and a country as long as this idiot and the super liberals are in power.They can come take my guns and thats how it will have to be take them but I swear to God they will pay a price.Some will not be going home to mommy that night but chit happens. :angryno:

:agree: and I know that's right and so will they before their lights go out!  :boxing: :boxing:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:06:09 PM by hooter »
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 05:39:49 PM »

I wish the problem rested solely with the people who have been elected to office.  Unfortunately, IMO, it goes much deeper.  The people in control of our country got control by winning elections.  You might argue that some of those elections were stolen or that the elections were won through deceitful campaigning.  But regardless of how the elections were won, there are many people in our country who really don't share the values that have made our society free.  It's alarming that there are enough such people to make a difference, but there are and, perhaps always have been (not everyone in the 13 colonies supported the American Revolution either).  At any rate, we can complain all we like about the damage that our elected officials are doing to our country and to our future, but until a large portion of the public undergoes a significant change in attitude and beliefs, we can just look forward to all of our freedoms being given away.
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 07:59:04 PM »

I agree with Niterider. Can't blame all this on Obama, although a few here would love to do so.  :violin:
I'm rather 'neutral' on guns, got a couple, haven't used 'em (in any fashion  :ohwow: ) in several years.
I believe purchasing a new gun requires registration, so, this piece of legislation would not require anything additional from the 'purchaser' than what is already required now,,, The proposed legislation would make the 'list' available to foreign countries,,, or am I reading this all wrong?
Not really seeing this as a 'ban' on guns,,, Maybe some of us may consider this to be a 'step in that direction',,, dunno...
I know some are die hard 'EVERYONE has a RIGHT to have a gun' types, eh, but I'm not one of 'em! I don't believe EVERYONE has that right. Same as everyone does not have the RIGHT to drive.

Stong opinions on both sides, I'm sure.

(I still remember a Gun Show I attended in Austin, back 10 or so years ago,, heh heh!
Here was this HUGE bearded guy, sweatin his azz off, fast pacing the floor,,, (meth, I'm sure, don't ask me how I'd know) 3 pistols shoved in his belt, one each side and one in the back, and rifle/assult weapon in each hand!)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 08:55:47 PM »

I agree with Niterider. Can't blame all this on Obama, although a few here would love to do so.  :violin:
I'm rather 'neutral' on guns, got a couple, haven't used 'em (in any fashion  :ohwow: ) in several years.
I believe purchasing a new gun requires registration, so, this piece of legislation would not require anything additional from the 'purchaser' than what is already required now,,, The proposed legislation would make the 'list' available to foreign countries,,, or am I reading this all wrong?
Not really seeing this as a 'ban' on guns,,, Maybe some of us may consider this to be a 'step in that direction',,, dunno...
I know some are die hard 'EVERYONE has a RIGHT to have a gun' types, eh, but I'm not one of 'em! I don't believe EVERYONE has that right. Same as everyone does not have the RIGHT to drive.

Stong opinions on both sides, I'm sure.

(I still remember a Gun Show I attended in Austin, back 10 or so years ago,, heh heh!
Here was this HUGE bearded guy, sweatin his azz off, fast pacing the floor,,, (meth, I'm sure, don't ask me how I'd know) 3 pistols shoved in his belt, one each side and one in the back, and rifle/assult weapon in each hand!)

"The proposed legislation would make the 'list' available to foreign countries,,, or am I reading this all wrong?"

And this is OK  ???

"I don't believe EVERYONE has that right. Same as everyone does not have the RIGHT to drive. " :ohwow:

Are these general statements ???

\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »

He might not be totally to blame but he is out to destroy this country and what it stands and if you look at his past record however slight it might be you see where he is comming from.The attendance of communist meetings with his grandfather in Hawaii and his dealings with the low lifes of this country.The travels around the world apologizing for the United States for this and for that but we are so bad guess thats why every one wants to come to this country.He is in process of destroying one of the best health care systems in the world on and on no end to this idiot and your taxes will be going higher and higher to support this and all the lazy asses that do not want to work.Now wanting to give out private records to another country that cannot get its on act together no way buddy.A few of the democrats are starting to wake up and see what he has planned and hopefully will be enough to keep this country together.
Alvin,Texas

dlp9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 10:49:53 PM »

Ok can't say anything bad!  Here is a short take from the dark side.  Maybe he just want's the Mexicans to see we have more private guns that they do.  Even if he sells out the rest of our Country, Millitary and so on and on.  Everyone should be of their own free will to think and express without feer of oppression.  I myself am American first, not African, Mexican, and so on.  I am American and free, to make the choices that my god gave me with his best ability.  Guess what?  The lord ask me to help protect the meek of the world and I gave him a hand.  I have done that for my God and mankind.  And will sure as hell do it for my country. 
I DON'T PRESS A NUMBER FOR ENGLISH - I HANG UP AND SEND A NAST EMAIL INSTEAD. :flag:
Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 11:10:28 PM »

I believe purchasing a new gun requires registration, so, this piece of legislation would not require anything additional from the 'purchaser' than what is already required now,,,

Actually, if you purchase a firearm from any "non-dealer", you do not have to do any paperwork at all.

If you buy from a dealer (gun store, pawn shop, ect.) you have to fill out a form 4473. All that the dealer does at that point is call into the ATF and make sure you do not have any felonies and is legal to own a gun. We write, if it has it, the serial number on the 4473 and store it in our files. If the ATF wants the 4473 on an individual, we must produce it. If they want the 4473 on a specific firearm, we must produce it. But when we call it in, they do not require us to give a make, model,. or serial number. All they say is "approved" or "not approved". I guess it is "technically" on file, but we have the ones we filled out in our files for audit purposes only.

So in essence, you really do not have to "register" a gun in the state of Texas right now at all..
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 11:28:02 AM »

"The proposed legislation would make the 'list' available to foreign countries,,, or am I reading this all wrong?"

And this is OK  ???

I'm perfectly fine with it!  I have 3 guns, you are more than welcome to tell anyone, anywhere that I have 3 guns. Don't care who ya tell. And your concern with this legislation is???? I really don't care if 'country X' knows how many guns I have. What may be beneficial to "country X" is to be aware of how many guns I 'turn', meaning, trade, sell, or exchange internationally  I believe this legislation will have a larger impact on gun dealers than it has than your average 'joe'. Even if 'joe' has a nice collection, (as my uncle has), I do not see this 'list' in the posession of a foreign country as any threat whatsoever, unless you are trading weapons out of country in an illegal manner. Providing you don't move guns out of the country, and you don't have enough weapons to wipe out an entire nation, I doubt that country X really gives a crap about you. 

"I don't believe EVERYONE has that right. Same as everyone does not have the RIGHT to drive. " :ohwow:

Well, I can be more specific,,, I assume everyone here believes that not everyone has or should have the right to drive,,,,  OK, then Guns,,, Not everyone should have that right as well. I agree with the current gun laws regarding Felons, and would hope that all people convicted of 'agrievated' crimes, (crimes with a gun, etc)  would lose the privelage.

[/quote]

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 11:50:37 AM »

He might not be totally to blame but he is out to destroy this country and what it stands and if you look at his past record however slight it might be you see where he is comming from.The attendance of communist meetings with his grandfather in Hawaii and his dealings with the low lifes of this country.The travels around the world apologizing for the United States for this and for that but we are so bad guess thats why every one wants to come to this country.He is in process of destroying one of the best health care systems in the world on and on no end to this idiot and your taxes will be going higher and higher to support this and all the lazy asses that do not want to work.Now wanting to give out private records to another country that cannot get its on act together no way buddy.A few of the democrats are starting to wake up and see what he has planned and hopefully will be enough to keep this country together.

Out to destroy the country and what it stands for? Please tell us what this country is today, and what it stands for today...

The world as a whole is changing, always has, always will. Those changes may not appeal to all.

Name one country anywhere where the taxes are going down! I can't think of one off hand, but maybe you can. Not saying that makes it 'right', but everyone wants 'more', be it school's, roads, police, programs, etc... and every bit of that costs more now than ever before.  Your solution to this is????

I agree with not supporting those who won't work. I think drug testing ANYONE who is getting welfare, food stamps, federal or state money or even unemployment would be a good first step. I am not a big 'test' proponent, but GD if I have to to get a job, the folks getting a 'handout' should have to do the same!

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »

Actually, if you purchase a firearm from any "non-dealer", you do not have to do any paperwork at all.

If you buy from a dealer (gun store, pawn shop, ect.) you have to fill out a form 4473. All that the dealer does at that point is call into the ATF and make sure you do not have any felonies and is legal to own a gun. We write, if it has it, the serial number on the 4473 and store it in our files. If the ATF wants the 4473 on an individual, we must produce it. If they want the 4473 on a specific firearm, we must produce it. But when we call it in, they do not require us to give a make, model,. or serial number. All they say is "approved" or "not approved". I guess it is "technically" on file, but we have the ones we filled out in our files for audit purposes only.

So in essence, you really do not have to "register" a gun in the state of Texas right now at all..

THANKS for the info!  :thumbup:

Hmm, How long do you have to keep the 4473's on file? If you 'lose' a few, have a fire, etc,,, what happens then?
I think it will be just a matter of time before all that info is placed in a national registry, instead of held 'onsite',,, but I can see where that would be cost prohibitive.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 12:11:49 PM »

And this is OK  ???

I'm perfectly fine with it!  I have 3 guns, you are more than welcome to tell anyone, anywhere that I have 3 guns. Don't care who ya tell. And your concern with this legislation is???? I really don't care if 'country X' knows how many guns I have. What may be beneficial to "country X" is to be aware of how many guns I 'turn', meaning, trade, sell, or exchange internationally  I believe this legislation will have a larger impact on gun dealers than it has than your average 'joe'. Even if 'joe' has a nice collection, (as my uncle has), I do not see this 'list' in the posession of a foreign country as any threat whatsoever, unless you are trading weapons out of country in an illegal manner. Providing you don't move guns out of the country, and you don't have enough weapons to wipe out an entire nation, I doubt that country X really gives a crap about you. 

Well, I can be more specific,,, I assume everyone here believes that not everyone has or should have the right to drive,,,,  OK, then Guns,,, Not everyone should have that right as well. I agree with the current gun laws regarding Felons, and would hope that all people convicted of 'agrievated' crimes, (crimes with a gun, etc)  would lose the privelage.

[/quote]

Lord love ya - I know the current administration does.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal