Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Using forein treaty to eliminate the 2nd Amendment  (Read 5996 times)

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Using forein treaty to eliminate the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

And on to the REAL issue: what makes you think that any benefit at all would be derived from this?

I believe laws and enforcement are the best ways to deal with crime.  

It's a joke. Please tell me how the Mexican government knowing that I own firearms is going to curb the tide of smuggling. Tell me how they would prevent me from engaging in smuggling if I was so disposed. Tell me what the Mexican government would do with a list of millions of names of American citizens, scattered all over the US, all of whom own a few personal firearms.

None of this legislation is designed for a 'local' level use only, per se', It's a multi-national legislation with the intent of adding information to law enforcements 'aresenal' to help with crime. You of all people should know and understand that due to the additional information law enforcement agencies now have and share nationwide that it has helped solve more crimes, convict guilty parties and exonnerate the innocent more than was ever possible before that information was shared.

It's a ludicrous concept if you give it any thought. And while you are giving it some thought, please tell us how the government is going to research which crooks -- the ones who are career criminals, who are not permitted to own firearms in this country,

I did say international legislation, correct?

and who are the most likely to engage in significant smuggling activity -- which crooks own firearms (illegally), and how do they propose to inventory those illegally possessed and trafficked weapons?

Same way as as the DMV, the IRS, and todays law enforcement agencys 'inventory' their data.  

You just summed it up in two words that scare the ever-living shiat out of me....

INTERNATIONAL LEGISLATION.

I am not ready, nor will I ever be, for a One World government. Good luck with that. We all know how well the U.N. is doing...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2009, 07:26:14 PM »

If you believe the media and the administration I can see why you would think this way, but really do you believe the drug cartels are using guns from American citizens or gun shows - that is the evidence presented by the government. That is just silly, the cartels are using military grade weapons -- wise up Scotrod.

In part, yes I do. Ponder this,,, It's very possible to purchase assault weapons at shows,,, even moreso if you 'know someone' in the business,,, What this legislation proposes is to record a number on the gun/owner like recording a vin on a car,, and keep/share the data   Eventually a 'trail' will emerge,,, what came from where. Those who are not involved in illegal activities have nothing more to fear than a guy who legally buys and sells a car.  

The U.S. has stepped up its aid to Mexico, recently allocating $800 million in training and equipment to Mexico's soldiers and police. So you don't believe any of this went to the Drug lords? We are talking about Mexico I can assure you these guys would sell their sisters, why not their weapons?

Undoubtedly they have! I believe therewere some checks and balances in place on these weapons. Do you think we just pulled some guns from 'stock', threw them in a barrel and sent 'em south without having any way of identifying them later?
I'm sure the paperwork involved with the weapons transfer was rather 'well documented'. And it's sad that some of them undoubtedly ended up 'in the wrong hands'

"I do not manufacture or traffic Firearms, Ammo, Explosives, or related materials in an illicit manner. Do you? Do you believe this 'activity' is acceptable, and should not be regulated, nor should or any joint effort by government's (plural) be made to curb this "activity"? If so, I can understand your concern!!! "

For me this says it all:
Inter American Convention against the Illicit manufacturing and Trafficing of Firearms, Ammo, Explosives, and related materials.
By the way do a google search on Inter American Convention against and see how many links popup -- we are killing our country with Inter American Conventionalism -- let's please every country but ours ---- what a terrible waist of money. Spread the wealth brother.

Article VII. - "Confiscation or Forfeiture"

States will confiscate or forfeit firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials that have been illicitly manufactured or have been part of illicit trafficking. The states must ensure that all such items do not fall into the hands of private individuals or businesses through auction, sale, or other means.

So if I am a very good machinist and have the ability to make my own gun, (who defines illicitly manufactured) I load my own ammunition, have gun powder in my home, am I in jeopardy of having my belonging confiscated??
You tell me because "vs some of the other replies we have seen." I need you help to understand, you are at a different level than most on this board. 

OK, I'm no attorney, but I'll try,,,, There will always be a very slim 'gray area' to most any situation, similar to the situation you have described above.
. We have a legal system with checks and balances and a court system that is bound to define these 'gray areas' And I feel very confident that the court wouyld also take into consideration what this reloading machinist was intending to do with his homemade gun, and at that point determine if teh law was broken. In short, interpretation of teh law, any law, is the court's burden.  

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2009, 07:26:52 PM »

And on to the REAL issue: what makes you think that any benefit at all would be derived from this?

You just summed it up in two words that scare the ever-living shiat out of me....

I am not ready, nor will I ever be, for a One World government. Good luck with that. We all know how well the U.N. is doing...

If you read the Bible, you'll see that a one world government is in our future. Not so sure that it's close, or far time wise, but the good book says it's coming,,,,
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:29:04 PM by Scotrod »

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »

. You still haven't stated why you think this proposal would provide any benefit whatsoever, or why the lie Obama is spouting would even be our problem. I tried to explain it to you. Have a nice life.

Well, we are both SOL, because you (or anyone) still hasn't shown me where this legislation violates the 2nd amendment, specifically relating to the right to keep and bear arms or protect yourself.

If you feel issues occuring in Texas and involving Americans are 'not our concern' , well, whether I agree with you or not, I'll have to accept it as your opinion.

It's all good!   :thumbup:

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »

. You still haven't stated why you think this proposal would provide any benefit whatsoever, or why the lie Obama is spouting would even be our problem. I tried to explain it to you. Have a nice life.

Well, we are both SOL, because you (or anyone) still hasn't shown me where this legislation violates the 2nd amendment, specifically relating to the right to keep and bear arms or protect yourself.

If you feel issues occuring in Texas and involving Americans are 'not our concern' , well, whether I agree with you or not, I'll have to accept it as your opinion.

It's all good!   :thumbup:

Please.... read my post about what the ATF told me...

Strike 1...

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2009, 08:08:18 PM »

If you read the Bible, you'll see that a one world government is in our future. Not so sure that it's close, or far time wise, but the good book says it's coming,,,,

Bro, that passage was in reference to God being the "Supreme leader"

In the Bible God is regarded as the supreme governor of the world and those who execute authority on earth are said to hold it in trust from him (Ps. 72: 1–4; Rom. 13: 1–2; John 19: 11) to ensure that justice is done (1 Kgs. 10: 9). It may be desirable to delegate judicial functions, as Moses did (Exod. 18: 17–23), and it is held that, although Israel was a theocracy rather than a democracy, the people as well as the king shared in the rights and responsibilities of the covenant with God (2 Kgs. 11: 17).

Strike 2....

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »

I think scotrod might need to move to China or N. Korea where the govt does all your thinking
Alvin,Texas

wolverine

• Tejano
  • He has put eternity in their hearts. —Eccl.3:11
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »

Bro, that passage was in reference to God being the "Supreme leader"

In the Bible God is regarded as the supreme governor of the world and those who execute authority on earth are said to hold it in trust from him (Ps. 72: 1–4; Rom. 13: 1–2; John 19: 11) to ensure that justice is done (1 Kgs. 10: 9). It may be desirable to delegate judicial functions, as Moses did (Exod. 18: 17–23), and it is held that, although Israel was a theocracy rather than a democracy, the people as well as the king shared in the rights and responsibilities of the covenant with God (2 Kgs. 11: 17).

Strike 2....

I like the way you talk... :cool2: :flag:
2005 VTX1800F S1, Tribal on Titanium. Corbin seat w/studs, sweetest girl in the world on the backrest. Willie n Max saddle bags, Kuryakyn Maltese cross foot pegs n grips. Hondaline windshield. Tank bra. 200 Metzler ME 880 Front n Rear 31,000 n climbing.

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »

Damn I go away for a few days and I miss all the fun.

Scotrod you want to check my spelling?
 :boxing:

Well it looks like everything was handled well.  :flag:
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

KillerVTX

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »

:popcorn:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2009, 04:47:33 PM »

I think scotrod might need to move to China or N. Korea where the govt does all your thinking
I think he has a right to his opinon. Here's a thought, The Mexican cartels are armed, the corrupt Mexican Government is armed, but the good  Mexican people are UNARMED! The Democrats want to turn us into the old USSR and the Repubs want to turns us into Mexico. so we have the choice of concentrating the wealth with government or the privlidged few.
It's all just part of the adventure!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »

I think he was baiting us. He refused to answer questions, but kept asking newer, dumber ones. He was throwing some pretty ignorant thoughts out. I know there are some pretty dense people out there, but I think this one just wanted to stir the pot.
02 1800C

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2009, 07:41:39 PM »

I think he was baiting us. He refused to answer questions, but kept asking newer, dumber ones. He was throwing some pretty ignorant thoughts out. I know there are some pretty dense people out there, but I think this one just wanted to stir the pot.
+1

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »

LET IT GOOOOO!!!! Ride safe ride long
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »

LET IT GOOOOO!!!! Ride safe ride long

I agree that it is something that should be let go, but I am having a real hard time letting go something that I am so extremely passionate about. The safety of my friends and family are my #1 priorities (as I know they are for you too), and this bill and the people who support it infuriate me.

Thanks, Kenny, for trying to make the peace, you are the MAN... :notworthy:

But I cannot let this go.....ever..

And BTW, I sure do want to ride with you soon (maybe after it cools off.... this fat boy can't take the heat!!) :thumbup:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal