Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Leaning to the Left  (Read 2506 times)

dukester55

• Tejano
Leaning to the Left
« on: July 02, 2009, 07:20:03 AM »

For as long as i have had my current ride it has leaned to the left. Even before i went to the darkside there was a lean to the left. It seems even when i'm on a fairly flat surface the bike is not perpendicular.
The is most distressing and i'm thinking of going back to a regular back tire to see if i can take the stress off the front tire. The lean is so bad i can't get good mileage out of the front tire because of the wear.
Does anyone have the same problem or is my bike cursed in some manner? I have had another person ride the bike and confirm there is a lean to the left.

Malcolm Duke
Hurst,Tx.
04 A&M Red VTX1800R
just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Leaning to the Left
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »

It is so. you are not alone. I personally don't spend time worrying about it, because I don't think there is a solution other than to pack the left saddle bag heavy.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »

Inflate your front tire to the maximum rated pressure to retard wear.Your bike's not leaning to the left; because left turns are longer radius than right turns (it's the opposite in countries where you drive on the left side of the road) your front tire receives more lateral scuffing on the left side. A motorcycle's steering geometry subjects the front tire to more of that lateral scuffing than the rear tire.

02 1800C

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »

Quit ridding with LoneWolf and Snake! :stickpoke: c mon hipshot I know your were thinkin' it. :t
It's all just part of the adventure!

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 05:21:32 PM »

heh heh heh
02 1800C

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »

Actually, I had to listen to one of Lone_Wolfe's brothers in ignorance yesterday at a day care center. He walked up and kept eyeing my magazines ('cause guns are evil, don'tcha know) and glaring at me. Finally one of the girls who run the daycare (I was there on official business) noticed and told him that it was okay, that I was a cop. Out of the blue this clown launches into a tirade. Seems he's a "certified accountant" -- must be a good one if he's minding kids at a daycare -- and he told me that McCain was a disgrace to the service and was only able to remain in the service through the influences of his daddy, the admiral. Bush senior didn't vote for Bush junior (and he knows 'cause he's a "hardcore Republican who was close to Reagan) because he knew that his son was a degenerate. Bush junior, during his presidency, created a larger deficit than all of the previous presidents combined. He also informed me that Obama hasn't spent near the money that Bush did (and reminded me again that he's a "hardcore Republican" and a "certified accountant," so he knows these things. He then went on to tell me that we are incredibly lucky to finally have a genius like Obama at the helm, because Obama has already made great strides toward saving the nation. He asked several times, "When does that man ever sleep?" and went on to rave about how tireless Obama is.

Not sure what prompted this clown to get diarrhea of the mouth like that, but when I wouldn't argue with him he finally left. I guess you know who I was thinking of the whole time; the only thing he didn't get into was gun control.
02 1800C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »

Quit ridding with LoneWolf and Snake! :stickpoke: c mon hipshot I know your were thinkin' it. :t

:notworthy: U da man X
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 06:12:06 PM »

:ohwow:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 06:22:31 PM »

uh oh what have I started! :laugh:
It's all just part of the adventure!

RSWhite

• Old Timer
  • Frisco Tx
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 09:07:23 PM »

Just for the record... we certifieds are not all like that  :cantbelieve:
I'm right there with ya hipshot  ;)

2004 1800 Retro Spoke, Spec3, Black/Cherry
"Protect the ones you love...  wear a helmet"

RSWhite

• Old Timer
  • Frisco Tx
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 09:10:18 PM »

Hey Duke... that sign looks familiar  :thumbup:

2004 1800 Retro Spoke, Spec3, Black/Cherry
"Protect the ones you love...  wear a helmet"

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 09:31:39 PM »

Actually, I had to listen to one of Lone_Wolfe's brothers in ignorance yesterday at a day care center. He walked up and kept eyeing my magazines ('cause guns are evil, don'tcha know) and glaring at me. Finally one of the girls who run the daycare (I was there on official business) noticed and told him that it was okay, that I was a cop. Out of the blue this clown launches into a tirade. Seems he's a "certified accountant" -- must be a good one if he's minding kids at a daycare -- and he told me that McCain was a disgrace to the service and was only able to remain in the service through the influences of his daddy, the admiral. Bush senior didn't vote for Bush junior (and he knows 'cause he's a "hardcore Republican who was close to Reagan) because he knew that his son was a degenerate. Bush junior, during his presidency, created a larger deficit than all of the previous presidents combined. He also informed me that Obama hasn't spent near the money that Bush did (and reminded me again that he's a "hardcore Republican" and a "certified accountant," so he knows these things. He then went on to tell me that we are incredibly lucky to finally have a genius like Obama at the helm, because Obama has already made great strides toward saving the nation. He asked several times, "When does that man ever sleep?" and went on to rave about how tireless Obama is.

Not sure what prompted this clown to get diarrhea of the mouth like that, but when I wouldn't argue with him he finally left. I guess you know who I was thinking of the whole time; the only thing he didn't get into was gun control.

ROCK ON!!!!
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 11:14:52 PM »

You did fine, Hipshot, The crazy sheiet comes to us all to some extent, You Think you need to deal with it, but you don't, as long they don't cross that line.  You set your line, It's a thing we must trust you with, We meaning me, and the rest of the world. You are a Cop. You are the tip of the spear. You are sent out to enforce the law. I know you to some extent, You watched old Dillon same as I did on TV, I hold you to that standard.
You are a goodiun, Keep the faith.   

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 01:05:14 AM »

You did fine, Hipshot, The crazy sheiet comes to us all to some extent, You Think you need to deal with it, but you don't, as long they don't cross that line.  You set your line, It's a thing we must trust you with, We meaning me, and the rest of the world. You are a Cop. You are the tip of the spear. You are sent out to enforce the law. I know you to some extent, You watched old Dillon same as I did on TV, I hold you to that standard.

The only issue is that the left usually doesn't know where the line is, and cross it on a daily basis. If the right crosses the line, it is reported on the front page of every publication. If the left crosses the line, then it is hidden on page 6 of the publications. Good job, Hip, on keeping to the "right" side of the line, although the leftie crossed it, as they do 99.9% of the time....

Nice response, TomCat...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 08:37:57 AM »

Haa the good ole days Gun Smoke, Lone Ranger, Paladin, Rifleman --   :agree:  Jim is a goodiun, he is working with what he was fed - the era was based on mostly what was good, what was bad in this time is now considered good or OK. The economy was steady growth, slow but steady. Everyone worked or had some sort of income -- no one depended on the government for their well being -- this made for a good bunch of citizens (always a few bad eggs out there though) but most were solid good folks.
I kinda feel bad for the folks on the left, take a moment to look at what they have been fed, Desperate Housewife's, Gray's Anatomy, and many others. I do you - you do her - we do each other and it's OK - tell me this isn't different brain food.
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal