Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ford truck got the shakes  (Read 2823 times)

Swampfox

ford truck got the shakes
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:57:55 AM »

+ are
can you help dioooooooooooooooooooooooooooo=-p]] kitten is atacking mt figures got to stop she is bad It's kind of cool but 666666666666hbbbbbbbb                                                                                                                                                fdbv3n help ''''sddddddddddd'

-------------------     ----------------I oha[[[[[[[[[[d written  a line or two she has caused this thread to go in code she vatta5cking555555555555555555555t

Dusty

Re: ford truck got the shakes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 04:54:46 AM »

+ are
can you help dioooooooooooooooooooooooooooo=-p]] kitten is atacking mt figures got to stop she is bad It's kind of cool but 666666666666hbbbbbbbb                                                                                                                                                fdbv3n help ''''sddddddddddd'

-------------------     ----------------I oha[[[[[[[[[[d written  a line or two she has caused this thread to go in code she vatta5cking555555555555555555555t

Play somewhere else!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 06:18:23 AM »

There went my decoder ring  ??? ??? ??? ???

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 10:12:55 AM »

:o  Wow!!!  Is he Serious???? 

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 11:43:52 AM »

swampy, you may have lost a wheel weight, go look at the front tires and see if you can see where one came off, it should leave a mark.
if so, take it in to get them balanced.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 11:48:33 AM »

FORD!!

Fix Or Repair Daily!!

I know I have one!! ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Dusty

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 01:03:09 PM »

swampy, you may have lost a wheel weight, go look at the front tires and see if you can see where one came off, it should leave a mark.
if so, take it in to get them balanced.

I'm thinking more like a loose screw.

Swampfox

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 01:08:12 PM »

Ok To Explain my wife's kitten was attacking my keyboard  last night . My truck seem to have a motor mount or ? it shakes really bad when I start it up and it running good but something is wrong have you got any idea what causing this shaking in park or on the road it is worst the higher the RPM's like when it first starts until the cold idle shut down the Rpms; it shakes more than Philanderer avatar
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:13:31 PM by Swampfox »

Dusty

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 01:20:36 PM »

Ok To Explain my wife kitten was attacking my keyboard  last night . My truck seem to have a motor mount or ? it shake really bad when I start it up and it running good but something is wrong have you got any idea what causing this shaking in park or on the road it is worst the higher the RPM's like when it first starts it shake more than philander aviator

THAT, I can understand Gary.

I'm no mechanic, but sounds like you aren't fireing on all 8 (or 6) cylinders. If anyone has been under there lately, look for a loose vacuum hose. It could be bad plug or plugs. How old is the truck. Could be the plug wires loose or gone bad. Sometime a bad battery connection or bad battery will cause them to run rough.

Swampfox

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 01:33:10 PM »

Sorry that kitten was all over my figures So battery got a terminal that not making a good connection  it a 1994 5.0 and I did pull a couple of plugs but it's run good just shakes really bad.  Harmonic balancer or motor mount seem the likely Problem I just guessing Help Iam getting sick over this SSSSSSSSSSSSSHiiiit

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 03:06:53 PM »

I have had ford trucks all my life. They suck but i love them. Where is the truck? I have spent more time with 302's and 351's then I want to talk about. It sounds like you might have a motor mount out. Any power loss? Clanks or knocking? Harmonic balancer is possible. I would think motor mount. Or Plugs or cap and rotor or plug wires but you would feel a power loss if that was the case. Let me know what happens. If you are close I can come check it out.
Thanks
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

Swampfox

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 03:59:14 PM »

I have had ford trucks all my life. They suck but i love them. Where is the truck? I have spent more time with 302's and 351's then I want to talk about. It sounds like you might have a motor mount out. Any power loss? Clanks or knocking? Harmonic balancer is possible. I would think motor mount. Or Plugs or cap and rotor or plug wires but you would feel a power loss if that was the case. Let me know what happens. If you are close I can come check it out.
Thanks

First Thanks for reply I'm in Houston in the Heights.  It seems to still have it power and runs ok.
1994 5.0 or 302 xltF150.
  Thanks again Swampy

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 04:16:50 PM »

I think theres a short.

BETWEEN THE SEAT AND STEERING WHEEL!!!

VTXDEMON

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 07:48:50 PM »

Sorry that kitten was all over my figures So battery got a terminal that not making a good connection  it a 1994 5.0 and I did pull a couple of plugs but it's run good just shakes really bad.  Harmonic balancer or motor mount seem the likely Problem I just guessing Help Iam getting sick over this SSSSSSSSSSSSSHiiiit

If you replaced the spark plugs and the problem began after that... you have the engine firing order wrong...  (mixed spark plug wires...  your truck does not have a distribuitor so it should be easy to figure it out.  I know that most Ford intakes have the firing order stamped on the intake.

Swampfox

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 01:10:19 PM »

The truck runs great, but its got the shakes.  You know like a drunk, he drinks ok, but he gets the D.T.s Delirium termors.  More clues, when I hold the brake and push the gas the motor lifts up off the frame about 1/2- 3/4 of an inch, somebody said they do that.    :-\
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal