Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: From the Montgomery County News  (Read 1577 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
From the Montgomery County News
« on: June 26, 2009, 06:54:55 AM »

Pickup fled, left motorcyclist critically injured by side of road

By Jamie Nash

June 26, 2009

NORTH MONTGOMERY COUNTY- Willis Police hope someone will come forward with information in the county’s latest major accident involving an at-fault driver who fled the scene. They say a pickup forced a motorcycle off of the interstate, critically injuring its 20-year-old driver. The truck kept going, and as of Friday morning, has not been located.

Bryan Vincent Benham, 20, remains hospitalized in serious by stable condition with multiple traumatic injuries. Benham is a student at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville and a 2007 graduate of Willis High School.

Click the arrow to view video.

Officers were dispatched to the 12800 block of Interstate 45 South main lanes at 6:12 p.m. on Wednesday, according to WPD Sgt. King. Witnesses told them a red Ford single cab pickup was in the left lane and began merging into the right lane toward Benham’s motorcycle, forcing him off of the road.

Benham laid the bike down and became separated from it. The bike traveled 420 feet before stopping and Benham traveled 300 feet before he came to rest beneath a highway sign, King said.

Despite heavy traffic, only two witnesses stopped, and they had little information regarding the other vehicle.

King said they described the pickup as a red single-cab Ford. There were conflicting reports as to whether the truck made contact with the motorcycle, so it may or may not have damage. If it is damaged, King said it would be on the passenger side, cab area.

The location was about 500 yards north of FM 1097, between that road and Longstreet.

Police are still searching for a vehicle involved in a hit-and-run collision near Cut-and-Shoot that killed a 60-year-old Cleveland man on Father’s Day.

Anyone with information about the motorcycle crash, particularly the red pickup, is asked to contact the Willis Police Department at (936)856-4039.
02 1800C

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: From the Montgomery County News
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:46:26 AM »

Jacka$$
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 09:06:25 AM »

I know accidents happen, but to leave the scene when someone is injured...is just incomprehensible!!!  Really sad that there are people like that out there in vehichles!   :cuss:

Everyone ride safe!  :bikerider:
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:49:37 AM »

God Bless this young man and his family! People need to learn to look at plate Numbers. It would save alot of time in finding these people.
2007 1800N Charcoal

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 11:58:08 AM »

Sick  :cuss: :cuss:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »

So many A holes so little time!!  :cuss: He will get it back!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

GerTXr

• Tejano
  • Montgomery, TX
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 02:21:28 PM »

My prayers are with that young man and his family...and with that person out their who knows something about the fleeing driver.
Gerry
'06 1800S

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 02:49:33 PM »

Way back when I rode my Warrior I had a guy come over on me on the 610 West Loop. I had no where to go and I got scared and didn't think to hit the horn. I hit the little Cherokee on the right side behind the back door. That guy never stopped to see what the thump was on his truck. I don't get somepeople.
I showed up at a campsite where 4 of my biker co-workers were staying. We were going on a morning ride to get breakfast. Two of the guys that were supposed to ride waved me on and said "We can't make this one". My boss started his bike and looked at me and said "A lot of people 'own' motorcycles".

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 04:46:24 PM »

Usual Suspects:

1) Illegal alien
2) Drunk
3) Drunk Illegal alien
4) Bubba with road rage
5) Drunk Bubba with road rage
6) Drunk illegal alien with road rage...caused because illegal alien felt that the motorcyclist "disrespected" him.
7) Judge who didn't like motorcyclist parking on sidewalk in front of his house. (long shot)

Not trying to be flip. Except for the judge those are the usual suspects in hit and runs.  :cuss:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:47:55 PM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 06:08:50 PM »

Back when I had my V-65 I was doing some rat-killing on my day off. I was coming up 59 through Kingwood; the traffic was heavy but running just under the speed limit. I was in the left (of two) lane, holding my two-second gap. The clown behind me was not so careful; he was about a quarter-second off my six. A big (easy 300-pounder) guy in a suit was in the lane to my right in a Suburban; naturally, he was tailgating the guy in front of him. My lane started pulling ahead slightly, and Mister Suburban decided that I was in his spot. He started easing over into my lane, keeping his gaze straight ahead so he wouldn't have to make eye contact with me. I revved it a couple of times, to no avail. I was dead alongside of him getting very close to the shoulder; no way he couldn't see me. I hit the horn and shot a little ahead, then picked up my shirt as he looked at me. When he saw the badge and the .45 he waved, mouthed "Sorry!", and pulled back into the right lane. He played that "Oops, didn't see you old chap, ha ha" BS, but I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't had the badge and gun on. The world is full of those types, and we don't have a whole lot of defense against them. When they do run over someone, there's no way to prove it wasn't an accident.
02 1800C

DEMON

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 07:04:56 AM »

Usual Suspects:

1) Illegal alien
2) Drunk
3) Drunk Illegal alien
4) Bubba with road rage
5) Drunk Bubba with road rage
6) Drunk illegal alien with road rage...caused because illegal alien felt that the motorcyclist "disrespected" him.
7) Judge who didn't like motorcyclist parking on sidewalk in front of his house. (long shot)

Not trying to be flip. Except for the judge those are the usual suspects in hit and runs.  :cuss:

you forgot cute white girl talking on her cell phone!!!!

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 07:43:37 AM »

I think another really sad thing is the fact that "despite heavy traffic only 2 people stopped". this is another trend that is getting bad, nobody wants to get involved, too busy, not my problem, someone else will stop, etc......
I was at a gas station a few years back and watched a guy back into another vehicle. i got his plate and vehicle make. the guy promptly gets out of his vehicle looks at the damage and gets back in his truck and drives off. there were no less than 5 other people watching this from where they were. the guy that owned the hit vehicle comes out and begins pumping his gas and not one of these A-holes says anything to him. I get out and go tell him what happened and give him the info he'll need along with mine. then i proceed to point out every other witness that was not going to say anything! I wound up hanging around for the police to give them a statement. turns out the guy was in a company truck and this was his second mishap. he got what was coming in the end. :thumbup: 
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 09:48:19 AM »

I drive that road from Conroe to Huntsville everyday. I can't tell you how many times people have came over on me bike or truck. One girl looked at me in her mirror and then moved over on me and ran me off the road. Glad I was in my truck. I was right beside her.  I should have let her hit me it would have caused me to T bone her Cranberries.

45 north is a bad road trust me. So if you ride north of Conroe keep your eyes wide open all the time.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:50:39 AM by TAZ »
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

dlp9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »

Usual Suspects:

you forgot cute white girl talking on her cell phone!!!!

Those are the ones I almost run into?
Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal