Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Toll Sticker  (Read 2944 times)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
Re: Toll Sticker
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 06:50:31 AM »

Fellas, you know where my tag for the Feejer sits? Right in my desk. Having an account for the bike registers the license plate. They take pics of 100% of the vehicles that go through, and if the tag didn't trip the sensor, (which mine doesn't, because it's at home), they check the plate against the db of registered vehicles. If you're registered, they bill the account the same amount that you would pay if the tag did trip the sensors. So why worry about what kind of tag you have? Whatever they send you, throw in a drawer, and go on your merry way.  :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 09:33:35 AM »

I don't have a sticker and I'm very seldom on a troll road rither but when I am I just run through the sticker lane and they bill me at home, no prob.   :bikerider:
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

tejasx

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 12:05:03 PM »

Fellas, you know where my tag for the Feejer sits? Right in my desk. Having an account for the bike registers the license plate. They take pics of 100% of the vehicles that go through, and if the tag didn't trip the sensor, (which mine doesn't, because it's at home), they check the plate against the db of registered vehicles. If you're registered, they bill the account the same amount that you would pay if the tag did trip the sensors. So why worry about what kind of tag you have? Whatever they send you, throw in a drawer, and go on your merry way.  :thumbup:

I thought of doing this after several peoples advice and that is fine on the toll road, but we go to the airport often and you need the sticker/tag there to get thru the toll booths and I can let if pay for parking if I want.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:10:03 PM by tejasx »

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »

Also late at night, some of the entrances are automatic gates only.

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »

they were talking about it on the radio, as of today there will be no more toll booths to pay cash or change. It's either get a toll tag, or get billed at home. Toll tag is the way to go if you use the toll way alot. That starts to add up if you don't have one. I use it almost all week and I'm prolly saving about $30 a month with the tag  :bikerider:

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

Railroader

• Old Timer
  • ORANGE is the fastest color!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 09:13:09 PM »

I got one online for my bike about 2 months ago and they sent me the big plastic tag. It's the same size as the old ones they used to issue for cages before the stickers came out but it's twice as thick. I leave it in the windshield bag. No problems.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 03:37:33 AM »

they were talking about it on the radio, as of today there will be no more toll booths to pay cash or change. It's either get a toll tag, or get billed at home. Toll tag is the way to go if you use the toll way alot. That starts to add up if you don't have one. I use it almost all week and I'm prolly saving about $30 a month with the tag  :bikerider:
Just curious, how do you "save" money with the TXTag? When I lived in Austin, they charged EXACTLY the same amount if paying cash as they did when driving through with the sticker. FWIW.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 05:32:40 AM »

Just curious, how do you "save" money with the TXTag? When I lived in Austin, they charged EXACTLY the same amount if paying cash as they did when driving through with the sticker. FWIW.

TxTag rates are cheaper than if you pay cash.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

justin69

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "NO PAIN, NO STAIN!!!" Ft. worth
    • http://myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 05:24:51 PM »

they were talking about it on the radio, as of today there will be no more toll booths to pay cash or change. It's either get a toll tag, or get billed at home. Toll tag is the way to go if you use the toll way alot. That starts to add up if you don't have one. I use it almost all week and I'm prolly saving about $30 a month with the tag  :bikerider:

well, going down 121 toll way if you don't have a tag, they charge you $1.77 each time you pass a toll. If you have a tag, they charge you $1.19. Down the the Dallas tollway with out a tag they charge you $1.00. With the tag they charge you .70 cents. When you pass through a toll about 6 or 7 times a day that starts to add up  :bikerider:

OCIFFER, I SweAr To DRunK I'M NoT GoD!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/jbeachbum_xrider

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 10:45:06 AM »

I have been to the HCTRA EZ Tag office twice in the last couple weeks; 40+ miles round trip. All the way on surface streets.

In the Houston area they still give the old style tags that can be kept inside a saddle bag.

Like Hipshot, I am not going to get run over to drop a few coins in the box! A neighbor all but died when a big truck hit her at full speed while she was sitting there dropping coins!

First time at their store they would not let me add a vehicle as they changed the account that I opened 20 years ago and now have my wife as the only authorized person to make changes. :banghead:

Yesterday I took the "authorized" Mrs. with me. They were closed Friday for the July 4th holiday. :banghead: :banghead:

Next time I might try taking my son in his police uniform. With their attitude, I doubt that will help.
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 06:29:03 AM »

My tags look great in the drawer as well.  Zoom!  I don't recall the last time I got charged.
My now long gone VTX...

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 06:48:15 AM »

Coming back from Hans Mongolian BBQ the other week, Isorg, Lucky and I took the tollway home. Lucky's bike had been added to the EZ PLATE database as she doesn't use the tollways hardly at all while my bike had just been dropped from the EZ PLATE (you can only have one per account) and added to the EZ TAG. I hadn't received the tag by then. Well, maybe I had but I hadn't gone out to the house to get it. LOL We zipped through the toll gate and "red lighted" both bikes. About a week later, they both show up on the account. Connie's was full price with the EZ PLATE while mine was cheaper with the missing EZ TAG. So leave it in the drawer or do what I'm thinking of and stick it in the headlight bucket. It sure as hell ain't going on my windshield.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

wolverine

• Tejano
  • He has put eternity in their hearts. —Eccl.3:11
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 11:34:06 AM »

:agree: I am glad I got the tag. As for diggin in your pockets for change with your gloves on....forget about it!!!!  :cool2:
2005 VTX1800F S1, Tribal on Titanium. Corbin seat w/studs, sweetest girl in the world on the backrest. Willie n Max saddle bags, Kuryakyn Maltese cross foot pegs n grips. Hondaline windshield. Tank bra. 200 Metzler ME 880 Front n Rear 31,000 n climbing.
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal