Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Toll Sticker  (Read 2947 times)

tejasx

Toll Sticker
« on: June 21, 2009, 07:43:38 AM »

Ok, so I applied for a Toll Tag for the new Harley, thinking I would get a plastic card to put in the handlebar bag, instead I get a windshield sticker.  I sent a note to NTTA to see if I could get the card or put the sticker on my truck and assign the card to the bike.  I put in the note asking NTAA if they thought of bikes when they switched to the peel off stickers.  I told them that many bikes don't have windshields or they are detached many times.  I don't think they thought this one out.  If I can switch the card for the sticker, I may just have to run it like many riders do and just let them check my tag against my account.  I probably don't go on the toll roads more than a couple of times in a year.

Anyone else run into this?

tejasx

Re: Toll Sticker
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »

Well, I looked on the NTTA website and there was a section to edit accounts, if it takes, I was able to reassign the tags. 

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:55:49 AM »

As long as the vehicle is registered you do not technically have to have a tag except at the airports. I personally do not like the new sticker either. The only advantage is it is harder to steal your identity than the old tag. The info on the old tag can give someone, with the initiative, the ability to get personal information.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:58:54 AM by HeadGuess »

tejasx

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 10:11:59 AM »

I doubt I will ever take the bike to the airport anyway.  I tried to change the vehicles under the edit function, but it won't let you. I just won't worry about putting it on then.  I don't want that ugly sticker on my bike windshield.  I hope the read my message about bikes that don't have shields.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 10:32:11 AM »

I doubt I will ever take the bike to the airport anyway.  I tried to change the vehicles under the edit function, but it won't let you. I just won't worry about putting it on then.  I don't want that ugly sticker on my bike windshield.  I hope the read my message about bikes that don't have shields.
It's the same price, just more of a hassle, however, you can always just stop and dig out the cash...sorry, but that's the deal.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »

I went to the local office and picked-up the TAG.  They gave me the bag tag (small unit), that stays in the bag and it is only registered to my bike only.  It works great, but I rec. it because I went to the main off. to get it.   :bikerider:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

Silver Bullet

• Tejano
  • Humble, TX
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 01:35:38 PM »

Tejasx,
Toll Authority sent you the wrong tag. Call them, I'm sure they will send you the correct one free of charge in the mail. I looked into a bike tag last year. Their website was clear that bikes are not allowed to use the new stickers as they can't withstand outside elements. So your vehicle info was not identified as a motorcycle by whoever processed and they sent sticker tag in error.

If you really only plan to use it a few times a year not really worth the hassle. At least that was the conclusion I came to. I don't mind throwing quarters into the bin if a toll road cannot be avoided.
2006 VTX1300S

tejasx

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 02:56:44 PM »

Thanks for the info, I will give them a call.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 04:24:29 PM »

The last time I did the coin thing the flaming rectal orifice behind me was in a hurry. He was revving his engine and honking his horn while I dug out another quarter (one of them didn't register) and dropped it into the bin. Then he tried to get through with me on my toll; it was a tight fit. Probably another Democrat, assuming I would just politely apologize to him for driving under his luxury sedan after he parked it on top of me and my motorcycle. I'll take the EasyTag, thank you.
02 1800C

Bigin

• Rider
  • Rockwall, Tx
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »

I called NTTA about my new toll tag. We were given the window sticker too. I was told you could use it on my bike.  I did not think it would work either.  I have one on both bikes, mine and my wifes.  it seems to be working fine so far.

Greg (beter known as Bigin)

2004 1800 NEO Black Spec 2, Honda Windshield, Mustang Vintage Wide Touring, Tall NEO Backrest, River Road Saddlebags, H&M Instruments Speakers, Cobra Fatty Highway bars

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 10:18:40 PM »

Ever since I watched the toll arm knock Judy off her bike by the neck I am and always will be all for the tag when it comes to bikes.

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 10:22:20 PM »

I called after my wreck to get a replacement sticker for the bike and the lady asked me why I was using the sticker on a motorcycle. I told her I was using it because that is what they sent me when I originally ordered it. She assured me it was the wrong type and told me she would get me the right one this time. A few days later, what do I get???? Another sticker. I guess it pays to go to the local store in person. Warren

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 10:24:44 PM »

I never get charged when I ride through the toll booths....  :idontknow:

My tags are registered on my account though.

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

tejasx

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 09:03:07 AM »

Well, been trying to call customer service for an hour and the line is busy.  Tried to get on the website and the CS section is down. 

tejasx

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 07:17:58 PM »

Well, I called CS and they only issue the sticker anymore.  So I had them change the assignment with my truck and the Harley, now I have they ugly Orange Sticker with the big black T right in the middle of my windshield, oh well, better than it being on the bike windsheild.
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal