Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cluth & Brake lever replacement  (Read 1299 times)

Thumper72

• Rider
Cluth & Brake lever replacement
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

Okay, just a quick question to see if anyone has a quick answer.

Here's the deal, I found a set of brake/clutch levers that I would really like to have on my bike, but they are made for Harleys and not Hondas.  I was wondering if there was a semi-simple way to make them work on a Honda, vtx 1300, specifically.  If there is some type of adapter, or if it needs to be machined, I can do that, but if it's just one of those things that are not worth the trouble, I don't want to get too deep into trying to get stuff done and then find out later I'm just spitting into the wind.

Does anyeone have anyone quick advice?  Just a "yeah, it can done, check this site out, or take a look at this part", or even a "Don't even waste your time"  Anything would be appreciated at this point.

Thanks Much guys for being there to help out all of us that don't know "$%*^" about maintenance or what have you.

Thumper72
2007 VTX 1300R, Ultimate X Low Rider, ISO grips w/stiletto tips, footpegs, Clayton Mod Stock pipes, Windshild, Leatherlyke bags, Twisted Metal Risers, much more to come!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Cluth & Brake lever replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »

Don't know anyone that has done that to a Honda!! Only have one thing to say: GOOD LUCK!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:48:57 PM »

Don't know anyone that has done that to a Honda!! Only have one thing to say: GOOD LUCK!!  :thumbup:

I don't know anyone that would do that to a Honda, put them ole nasty Harley parts on there.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

My understanding is that they will make your bike shake excessively, tend to leave you stranded on side of the road, make you think you bike is more than it is, and give you an elitist problem, lose of friends.
Not worth it. don't do it.  ;D ;D

Really what ever floats your boat, it's your and if it makes you happy do it.  :agree: 
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Thumper72

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 10:56:17 PM »

I must say, I do appreciate the humor.  Very funny stuff.  But it's kind of the theme that I'm going for to dress up the whole bike.  I wanted to do kind of a "Twisted Metal, gothic blade type look, and the levers I found were really wicked looking.  It would just really go good with what I'm trying to do to the whole bike.  I'll keep my eyes open and see if there is a better option, but it's hard to find something like that made for a honda.

Thumper72
2007 VTX 1300R, Ultimate X Low Rider, ISO grips w/stiletto tips, footpegs, Clayton Mod Stock pipes, Windshild, Leatherlyke bags, Twisted Metal Risers, much more to come!

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »

I must say, I do appreciate the humor.  Very funny stuff.  But it's kind of the theme that I'm going for to dress up the whole bike.  I wanted to do kind of a "Twisted Metal, gothic blade type look, and the levers I found were really wicked looking.  It would just really go good with what I'm trying to do to the whole bike.  I'll keep my eyes open and see if there is a better option, but it's hard to find something like that made for a honda.

Thumper72
I put a set of levers for a Valk on mine a few years back (they are longer and I had wanted to add an inch or 2 to mine), there was a "nub" that I cut off (I think it was on the clutch lever??!!  ??? ) so it would work...it did/does.  :thumbup:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 05:26:45 AM »

Post a pic on here of what you have and maybe someone will be able to direct you to a site that may have something like it for your scoot.  :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

teXan

• Tejano
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 11:45:07 PM »

My understanding is that they will make your bike shake excessively, tend to leave you stranded on side of the road, make you think you bike is more than it is, and give you an elitist problem, lose of friends.
Not worth it. don't do it.  ;D ;D

Really what ever floats your boat, it's your and if it makes you happy do it.  :agree: 

Appearantly, just talking about adding Harley parts will make parts fall off your bike. We were riding on Saturday and he lost a Kuryakyn highway peg, fell off and bounced down the road and into the ditch. Looked like a tin can bouncing down the road, so I thought nothing of it until we noticed it missing when we stopped to eat.
2003 1300 Retro, cobra speedster longs, crash bars, ultimate seat, leatherlyke bags and a windshield

Me and My 2 teenage sons on their 06 750 spirits

Thumper72

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 03:12:40 PM »

Okay, you guys don't need to listen to TeXan.  He's a poser.  He really rides a little Honda Elite scooter!!

Just kidding Bro!  This really did happen.  I'm just glad my foot wasn't on the peg when it decided to slip off.

Of course he didn't mention that the day prior, I was running about 75 mph, from San Antonio up to Austin, and around San Marcos, my accellerator grip started slipping right off.  I looked down and had about 2 inches of it still on, the rest was just sliding right off, and I didn't even notice til I happened to look down at it.  Very strange occurrences this weekend.

However, to get back on the subject.  I will try to call the shop tomorrow that I saw these levers at, and see who the manufacturers were again.  It's been a couple of months since I was there, and I can't remember the exact name of the product.  Once I find out who makes them, I'll pull the photos up online and get a picture posted of what I'm looking at.

Thanks to all who have tried to help, and also for the laughs over the last couple of days.  Always a lot of fun navigating through the Smart A$$es to get to the solution.

~Thumper72~

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 06:05:57 PM »

find out who makes 'em and callm the factory, maybe they make em for the X
It's all just part of the adventure!

teXan

• Tejano
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 10:17:53 AM »

Okay, you guys don't need to listen to TeXan.  He's a poser.  He really rides a little Honda Elite scooter!!

:cuss: :angryno:
2003 1300 Retro, cobra speedster longs, crash bars, ultimate seat, leatherlyke bags and a windshield

Me and My 2 teenage sons on their 06 750 spirits

Thumper72

• Rider
Re: Cluth & Brake lever replacement-Pic Added
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 10:37:19 AM »

Okay, here is the items I was looking at:

They are made by Chesapeake performance Inc.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 11:32:14 AM »

I've got a son who'd steal those in a second to put them on his bike. Too bad, tho. He's not a rider. LOL.

Very nice. I'd really like to see them ON your bike.
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal