Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WOW  (Read 1720 times)

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: WOW
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:31 AM »

whew...I think I could have possibly ended up in the grass on a couple of those turns

GRASS? Hell, I'd have flipped so hard I would still be flying.  :ohwow:
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »

So about how fast are those guys going?  I see one of them sticking out his foot a couple of times...I would be way to scared to do that...that ground flying past me might grab it and rip it off.

Pretty damm fast. At least 100+ mph than we were going on the entrance ramp.  :angel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MotoGP

Max speed near the bottom stated as 212 mph.
Yep, don't think I will be attempting this at all...I mean you and I were going 110+ on a straight ramp...there is no way I would attempt speeds faster than that on a curve...they are impressive when they do it tho.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

07VTXPredator

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »

So about how fast are those guys going?  I see one of them sticking out his foot a couple of times...I would be way to scared to do that...that ground flying past me might grab it and rip it off.

Pretty damm fast. At least 100+ mph than we were going on the entrance ramp.  :angel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MotoGP

Max speed near the bottom stated as 212 mph.
Yep, don't think I will be attempting this at all...I mean you and I were going 110+ on a straight ramp...there is no way I would attempt speeds faster than that on a curve...they are impressive when they do it tho.

I've had the X hard over on a ramp at about 95mph.  Can't say I have the cojones to go any faster than that while leaning on any kind of public street.  The bike jumps and wobbles a lot even at that speed...
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

RicksVTX

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 05:43:36 PM »

I wonder what kind of super glue they use on them tires to make em stick like that ??  LOL

jarubio

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Round Rock, TX
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

WOW...............That sure is some skillful ridding. They lean so much, they are almost kissing the road  :ohwow: . I'll stick with my X and cruise at 75 MPH.
2005 VTX 1300
Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered
Kuryakyn Pro Series Hypercharger
K&N Air Filter
Xtreme Revolution Fairing
Cobra Sissy Bar
Lindby Custom Engine Gaurd
Kuryakyn Foot Pegs
I lost count of all of the chrome she has :-D
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal