Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cooling Vests  (Read 956 times)

dkjsr49

• Old Timer
Cooling Vests
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:58:35 PM »

I bought a cooling vest on ebay for 30 bucks.
I am kinda impressed how good it works in this heat.
Bought another one for Rosemary.
Figured they would be needed for the long ride to Colorado and back.

:bikerider:

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Re: Cooling Vests
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:06:25 PM »

What no link?  ;D
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 09:39:25 AM »

When on long rides I just wet myself down with the waterhose when I stop for gas. Feels almost like AC. When I stop again same thing. You are dry if you go about an hour and a half or so. Tip: eat or do your business first, get wet just before you leave. People still look at ya kinda funny but hey it works great.

Had a hard time convincing the wife to do it the first time after that no problem.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »

When on long rides I just wet myself down with the waterhose when I stop for gas. Feels almost like AC. When I stop again same thing. You are dry if you go about an hour and a half or so. Tip: eat or do your business first, get wet just before you leave. People still look at ya kinda funny but hey it works great.

Had a hard time convincing the wife to do it the first time after that no problem.

Sounds like a ploy to be on a wet t-shirt ride  :bikerider:
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »

I just went on e-bay and they have a phone number. I called direct and ordered a large. They have all sizes. Real nice folks. Thanks Guys.
2007 1800N Charcoal

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 10:24:25 PM »

Not to hijack the thread...but I stumbled across this information some time ago.  It is all types of touring information from a seasoned biker...it appears to have been placed on the web in 2002 but the information is good.  What I liked is that you can survey all that he has to offer and take what you like and leave the rest.  Hope some of it is helpful to many of you.

Here's the link:  http://www.visi.com/~dalebor/index.html#contents
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 02:54:41 PM »

Here is another alternative....I have one of these and a neckband!  Work good for about 2 hours, then re-soak in cold water.

http://www.palmflex.com/techniche/Cooling_Products.htm?gclid=CPTl6vaj45QCFRKLxwodhSrtRQ

[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

wolverine

• Tejano
  • He has put eternity in their hearts. —Eccl.3:11
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »

Hey, we gave this a try and WOWZER!!!  :thumbup: It really works well. After the soaking our jackets, we have the First Gear Mesh, and for the first 20 minutes it feels like you got the AC on High  :ohwow:. Afterwards it pretty much dries out but still feels comfortable until the next gas up or B-Break. The folks at the gas stations gave us some puzzling looks as well..LOL!  Thanks for the tip!  :cool2:  :agree:
Ride Safe. God Bless.
2005 VTX1800F S1, Tribal on Titanium. Corbin seat w/studs, sweetest girl in the world on the backrest. Willie n Max saddle bags, Kuryakyn Maltese cross foot pegs n grips. Hondaline windshield. Tank bra. 200 Metzler ME 880 Front n Rear 31,000 n climbing.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal