Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HID Headlight Installed  (Read 1096 times)

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
HID Headlight Installed
« on: June 11, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »

Just got my HID headlight installed two days ago and went for a little ride up to Paris then north into Oklahoma , west to Durant, and back home via FM roads.  Finished the ride at 2330 so got to log some good night driving on back roads.  I once was blind, but now I see!  On high I can see close to a half mile down the road.  Really lit up the deer!  It was an easy install for me as I put the ballast behind the fairing and added a kuryakyn lighted three switch brake reservoir assy with relays for my headlight, cb/intercom/sterio/gps, and passing lights.  Got the switch assy at DFW Honda for around 60$.  Got the HID unit from NDAna over on the VTXOA board for around 80$.  This is the single most important safety improvment I've made to my bike!

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: HID Headlight Installed
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 08:33:16 AM »

awesome.  I sure this will be my next move.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »

Is yours closer to a real white or does it have the blue tint to it?  I'm not a fan of the blue on any vehicle.  Just sayin. :c
Chunk the llama.

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:58:58 PM »

Is yours closer to a real white or does it have the blue tint to it?  I'm not a fan of the blue on any vehicle.  Just sayin. :c

+1
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:42:43 PM »

get something that is 4500K or 5000K then....6000K and 8000K are the blue ones...

My VTX has an 8000K light in it...

icemanhail

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »

Check out A&R Motorsports in Haltom City, Texas.  I have had an HID kit on my bike for two years now and love it.  The owner is the brother of a co-worker.  He has fabricated a VTX wiring harness that makes it easy to install.  In fact if you order the HID light, he will include a wiring harness kit and an instructional DVD to install it.  He used my bike for his DVD.  Never had one issue with it.

http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/store/index.php

-Iceman

guardrail

• Tejano
  • Man...where u been?
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »

Check out A&R Motorsports in Haltom City, Texas.  I have had an HID kit on my bike for two years now and love it.  The owner is the brother of a co-worker.  He has fabricated a VTX wiring harness that makes it easy to install.  In fact if you order the HID light, he will include a wiring harness kit and an instructional DVD to install it.  He used my bike for his DVD.  Never had one issue with it.

-Iceman
I cant seem to find the kit or info for it on this site. I sent a email to the contact info looking for information. I've always felt like the headlight was under powered for these bikes.  thanks for the info.
it had a pucker facter of about 5000!!!
Baron aka "Guardrail"

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 05:29:42 AM »

-Iceman
I cant seem to find the kit or info for it on this site. I sent a email to the contact info looking for information. I've always felt like the headlight was under powered for these bikes.  thanks for the info.
I might suggest looking into a relay if you do, replacing the starter button/switch is 1.) a pain; and, 2.) pricey...don't EVER forget, due to the fact that whenever you hit the starter, the headlight goes off is fair warning that they are linked.  :thumbup: JMHO.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Bomber

• Old Timer
  • 03' 1800R slightly modded......
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 04:26:54 PM »

Mine is 4500K just about pure white.  I just asked for the one that they recommended for the best driving light.

The light required a power wire and a ground.  Other than that it was plug and play.  I installed a relay and switch so I can start the bike with the light off.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal