Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help fast with turn signals  (Read 864 times)

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Need help fast with turn signals
« on: June 06, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »

was attemping to install a turn signal light bar. decided to check current lights, and noticed no running lights or turn signals working? can't figure it out.  checked fuses, but not sure if i have checked all spots.  can someone please call me.  i can give a better run down over the phone.  281.785.7099.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:57:40 PM by matap »
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

bigdog

• Tejano
Re: Need help fast emergency
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »

I think on the left side by the pos.battery cable are some fuses also,or check the wires in the head light one of the plugs may not be tight

matap

• Board
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

checked 2 fuses on right side and fuse box on left side. all seems in tact, still no lights.  no running lights or signal come on.

i was trying to install the turn light bar that extreme revolution has.  problem i encountered was it only has one wire coming from each light, so i ordered the magic cables they say will allow the lights to be running and signal still. even with out that, i can't see how a one wire light is hooked up.  anyways.  so after what i thought was installing them to check to see if they came on I noticed no lights in turn signals.  then i reverted back to old signals to at least test there was power supplied to the signals.  no power.  all other come on, brake, headlight, etc, just no turn signals or running on front.  I'v run out of solutions and am getting freaking frustrated. 

matap

• Board
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:39:44 PM »

on a 2006 1800 is there anywhere else fuses may be at?  so far i checked on left side directly behind the cover and on left, two fuses in a clear light blue housing.

matap

• Board
Re: Need help fast with turn signals
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »

Is is possible that a bad relay will stop the signal lights from working completly? I removed what i think is the relay for such, and turn the bike on and everything else worked fine minus the turn signals and running lights.  So......I'm assuming that that is the bad part, still don't know. 

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 05:06:16 AM »

Is is possible that a bad relay will stop the signal lights from working completly? I removed what i think is the relay for such, and turn the bike on and everything else worked fine minus the turn signals and running lights.  So......I'm assuming that that is the bad part, still don't know.  
FWIW, the left front signal shows 3 wires: Orange, Green and Orange/White; on the right side it shows these 3: Light Blue, Green and Light Blue/White; these are supposed to hook into connectors with the same colored wires and are located inside the headlight shell housing. The stock relay sits under the left side cover to the left of the battery and is, I believe, the third black box (from the rear of the bike moving forward). FTR, the switch continuity is as follows:

L  W  R  PO PL RR
    R      0--0   0--0
    N               0--0--0
    L   0-0        0-----0
Color 0  G  Lb Bl/Br ^ Lb/W
                        O/W

Don't know if any of this helps, but it's the best I've got. :notworthy:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:10:29 AM by POGOGOLF »
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

matap

• Board
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 08:43:31 AM »

i appreciate it, here is the thing though that is throwing me off.  coming out of the signal housing is only two wires. left is orange/white & green; right is blue/white & green. not three wires.  i guess my first issue right now though is getting the stock signals to work again.  So not sure if maybe the relay is making them not work at all.

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »

i appreciate it, here is the thing though that is throwing me off.  coming out of the signal housing is only two wires. left is orange/white & green; right is blue/white & green. not three wires.  i guess my first issue right now though is getting the stock signals to work again.  So not sure if maybe the relay is making them not work at all.
:ohwow: ::)  ???  That ain't good!  :banghead:
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal