Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: South Lousiana Ride  (Read 2309 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
South Lousiana Ride
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »

Just throwing it out there - meet up with us any where along the route you would like, we going to have us some fun. :thumbup:

I would love to explore HWY 1/3235 all the way down to Grand Isle State Park but am thinking fun will get in the way.

This is a whole lot stuffed in a couple of days, but thought I will let you know about it

No real plan fly by seat of our pants - Meet up with Hooter in Nacogdoches or  ST. Augustine.
Head in to Louisiana Toledo Ben into Many south 171 to Pickering cut through Kisatchie Noational Forest on 10 /399 to 13 south into Mamou ( Fred's Lounge ) http://www.lsue.edu/acadgate/mamou.htm Starts at 8AM shuts down 2PM - South on 13 to I-10 to Breaux Bridge/Henderson (Pat's Fisherman's Wharf ) http://www.patsfishermanswharf.com/ right on the bayou, on the weekend, live bands play in the club area of the restaurant.

Refreshments , the Bike Barn I-49 in Sunset, LA just north of Lafayette http://www.bikebarnsaloon.net/

All subject to change, mostly let the wheels bring us where they will.
06/12 - 14 I really don't like to ride in my dancing boots but I will have them on for sure.  ;D ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
Re: South Lousiana Ride
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:16:50 PM »

Wish I could make it, but you all enjoy the ride down to South Louisiana!

Should be some real purdy sights to still see down that way!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 05:49:34 AM »

Not to worry, I'll have some pictures and none will look like - remember we aren't going to New Orleans, no one is waiting for the government :stickpoke: to fix things - where we are going these people pick up their debris and build something better.  :thumbup: 
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 07:24:55 AM »

I like the pic's you sent the other day of where we were going but, are you sure they have cold beer, live music, and hot bar maids?
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 07:43:36 AM »

Dang we not going that far uptown ::) Never been to a swank joint like that, but hope to someday.  :c

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 04:29:46 PM »

where you all gonna stay, motel , camp?
It's all just part of the adventure!

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »

Camp in Louisiana!  :what:

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »

Come on X right now it is motel/bardello - I got a tent I'll camp with ya :thumbup: We can pitch a tent in the parking lot.

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »

So long as they're quiet, they could all just grab some Zzzzzzz's on any front porch with an old couch on it! I'm sure there are lots to be found, they're always next to the refrigerator!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 05:29:31 PM »

Come on X right now it is motel/bardello - I got a tent I'll camp with ya :thumbup: We can pitch a tent in the parking lot.
  ok I pick bardelo, is that like a bordelo with a bar?
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 05:54:54 PM »

So long as they're quiet, they could all just grab some Zzzzzzz's on any front porch with an old couch on it! I'm sure there are lots to be found, they're always next to the refrigerator!

Oh come on U know you want to go

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 06:16:06 PM »

I like the pic's you sent the other day of where we were going but, are you sure they have cold beer, live music, and hot bar maids?

Hey Al, that ws a mistake. He accidentally sent you a picture of our house. Marigold was sure proud to see it on the interweb!
02 1800C

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 07:33:58 PM »

This is gonna be a "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" ride, done in "Born on the Bayou" style... :thumbup: :lunch: :c :bikerider:
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 05:31:03 AM »

Hey Al, that ws a mistake. He accidentally sent you a picture of our house. Marigold was sure proud to see it on the interweb!

Ya........we are well known around this forum as the Trailer Trash Folks............... :bikerider:
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 05:45:08 AM »

Ya........we are well known around this forum as the Trailer Trash Folks............... :bikerider:

Yaa...... Marigold I want to be trailer trash, I love your location, just the right distance out to not be part of the buzz but close enough to do what you need to do.  :thumbup:
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal