Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddlebags and backrests  (Read 1057 times)

Bigun

• Trailer Queen
Saddlebags and backrests
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »

So in order to make my fiance more comfortable (and to allow her to join me on some rides), I installed a Hondaline Neo Retro backrest and brackets on the 1300.  Looks great, she loves it, should be cool, right?
Problem is that my Willie & Max throwover bags do not work w/ this combo.  Does anyone know of a way to have saddlebags w/ this bracket/rest combo?  And the solution doesn't need to be throwovers - I am open to hard mount options, as well...  Any input is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
Bigun  *relocated VA X-Rider now looking for good roads and better company.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the universe."  -Albert Einstein

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
Re: Saddlebags and backrests
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »

So in order to make my fiance more comfortable (and to allow her to join me on some rides), I installed a Hondaline Neo Retro backrest and brackets on the 1300.  Looks great, she loves it, should be cool, right?
Problem is that my Willie & Max throwover bags do not work w/ this combo.  Does anyone know of a way to have saddlebags w/ this bracket/rest combo?  And the solution doesn't need to be throwovers - I am open to hard mount options, as well...  Any input is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
Leatherlykes are VERY nice. JMHO.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »

I have that same set up om my 1300R and I have the Honda Line Leather bags. They are very easy to take off if needed and the hold a bunch of "stuff". Hope this helps.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 11:24:44 PM »

Use "Ghost" or "Easy" brackets.  You might be able to use your bags or may have to get another set of bags.  The easy brackets are what I have in combo with my "Edge" bags.    www.edgeleather.com   They also have their own bracket.

Last resort could be to hard mount and use the throw-over brackets.

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 03:33:52 AM »

Use "Ghost" or "Easy" brackets.  You might be able to use your bags or may have to get another set of bags.  The easy brackets are what I have in combo with my "Edge" bags.    www.edgeleather.com   They also have their own bracket.

Last resort could be to hard mount and use the throw-over brackets.

I think that the ones for the 750 Shadow might fit the bolt location/spacing for throw overs?! I used to have some Willie & Max's and that's what I used...had to stretch them out a very small amount to get them to exactly match the holesfor the bolts,but they worked very well.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Bigun

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »

Thanks for the pointers everyone...I had not seen Edge Leather before, but am now very curious!  I've got some ideas and am looking forward to getting some new bags!
Bigun  *relocated VA X-Rider now looking for good roads and better company.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the universe."  -Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal