Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: '72 is the year I'd like...  (Read 5733 times)

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
Re: '72 is the year I'd like...
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »

Which is why I'd probably buy a project and mess with it for a while.  The prices are definitely out of hand on a lot of them.
Chunk the llama.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 10:26:39 PM »

I guess I meant to clarify that I meant more towards the emotional side of a purchase.  I really like the raw nature of the classics.  For a daily driver I'll take a new dependable anyday, but for weeknights or weekend trips I think it would be a blast.

And it's the emotional side that the shysters are targeting. Or more so, the nostalgic side. Boomers are getting older, have more disposable income, want to relive their high school days; it's a perfect $torm just waiting to be fulfilled. Why the new Camaro and Challenger, but to scratch that itch...

To each his own, but the classics aren't worth the price they are bringing these days for me.

That's why I want to build my own!  :thumbup:  There's no way I'd spend that kind of money on a car.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 05:46:40 AM »

I guess I meant to clarify that I meant more towards the emotional side of a purchase.  I really like the raw nature of the classics.  For a daily driver I'll take a new dependable anyday, but for weeknights or weekend trips I think it would be a blast.

And it's the emotional side that the shysters are targeting. Or more so, the nostalgic side. Boomers are getting older, have more disposable income, want to relive their high school days; it's a perfect $torm just waiting to be fulfilled. Why the new Camaro and Challenger, but to scratch that itch...

To each his own, but the classics aren't worth the price they are bringing these days for me.

That's why I want to build my own!  :thumbup:  There's no way I'd spend that kind of money on a car.

I wouldn't spend the money it takes to buy a new vette these days either. I've done that ride and I'm over it wouldn't have another one either. Now I can't justify the cost of a car like that. I think I'm getting old! ???

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 06:13:21 AM »

I wouldn't spend the money it takes to buy a new vette these days either. I've done that ride and I'm over it wouldn't have another one either. Now I can't justify the cost of a car like that. I think I'm getting old! ???

Which ones have you driven/owned?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 07:23:25 AM »

Ok! I just had to chime in here. If it was possable, I would have to choose a
hot rod Holden. Same motor as a Vette, more distinctive looks. The only problem
is that they are only in Australia. Sure, you could have gotten the Pontiac G8 or
the GTO but its just not the same. Observe............

Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 10:02:04 AM »

Most years I have driven since the Z06 has been made and before that the 82, 84, 85, 86. Don't get me wrong I like the vette I am just not willing to spend that much money to get from point a to b. If I was going to spend that much money I would spend it on an old car and tinker with it maybe a 57 or 58 for me or even a 32. The biggest problem with that for me is I don't have room for it at my house now.

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:40 AM »

1965 Bird of Prey!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 02:41:16 PM »

The only car that i would like back is a 1969 SS396 Chvelle HUGGER ORANGE with whit interior.The day i i sold it i should have been shot! Oh Well!  :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss: :bikerider:
2007 1800N Charcoal

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »

Ok! I just had to chime in here. If it was possable, I would have to choose a
hot rod Holden. Same motor as a Vette, more distinctive looks. The only problem
is that they are only in Australia. Sure, you could have gotten the Pontiac G8 or
the GTO but its just not the same. Observe............

Man I didn't know I own a HOT ROD company!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 05:41:44 PM »

Oh crap! Secrets out!
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »

I had a 67 GTO funnest car I ever owned. All of 8 miles a gallon. was broke and sold it for something more economical. still kicking myself. My brother had a 64 impala 409 with factory 2 -4bbl carbs 4 speed posi trac. thing would jump out of it's paint. Drove an original 57 chevy awhile back. forgot how BIG the steering wheel was back then, how poorly they handle compared to today, and drum brakes...forget it.
It's all just part of the adventure!

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 07:17:11 PM »

I had a black over yellow 4 speed convertible '67 w/ a 427...nice car till my brother "broke" it into about 7 zillion pieces taking out 4 small trees and a barbed wire fence.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 08:08:43 PM »

Oh crap! Secrets out!
The whole Holden car company line up!!
www.holden.com.au/vehicles
Member since 2004