Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bad memory  (Read 527 times)

jedishon

• Old Timer
  • Katy, Tx
Bad memory
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:21:18 AM »

Saturday I was in Houston and jumped on the interstate to head for home. I got on and moved over 2 lanes. A red Goldwing went by me in the fast lane 3 lanes away. Husband and wife. I must say none of had helmets on, just letting the wind blow our troubles away. We nodded at each other and the wife smiled. I was going to move over and tag along with them. Safer in numbers and all that. But the Lord said no stay where you are. Five miles down the road I caught them again. The bike was laying in the right lane and they were in the one next to it. He was face down she was sitting next to him with her hand on his shoulder. She was in total shock, you could see it in her eyes. Blood covering her head and face and left arm. His hand was covering his face, blood every where. I do not know if she moved his hand or if the guy trying to console her did. It is a sight I will not soon forget. They were so happy and so free of troubles just a few minutes before. I watched the news and read every page of the Sunday paper but didn't see anything about it. A couple miles farther down I made a stop and I did put my helmet on before heading out. I am sure others have seen accidents, but I dont want to see another. If any one has heard how they are I would like the update.

Jerry

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
Re: Bad memory
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:39:38 AM »

Thanks man!  Always need a reminder and the reason for gear!
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »

It is not a memory any of us like having to live with...watching another or having seen another rider go down.  I have seen it twice which is two times to many.  I do hope their recovery is complete.  Glad to hear that you were faithful to listen to that inner voice jedishon.  I clearly remember the first time I went down on my bike.  I felt my head smack the concrete and remember thinking at that moment "THANK GOD I am wearing my helmet."
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:42:51 AM »

It is a very haunting feeling ...going down. I went down on April 23, 2009 on the way to BBT. Chad was in front of me and seen it happen. It was like slow motion. I didn't panic and came out ok. The bike had $5,200.00 worth of damage. It is being fixed. I did have my helmet on and it was a good thing and a leather jacket, left arm on jacket torn up,. I was real lucky.

Wear your helmets! Wear protective gear! I am guilty I like to go without gear sometimes but, I shouldn't.

I hope those two are ok. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal