Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Public Service Announcement  (Read 1895 times)

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
Public Service Announcement
« on: May 16, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »

May 18-31 is the annual Click It or Ticket time. TXDPS, along with a lot of other agencies, will be focusing on seat belt enforcement. Buckle up!!!
02 1800C

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Public Service Announcement
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 04:30:21 PM »

Thanks for the reminder  ;D that it is not my decision to make.  ::)
I do think it saves lives, Buuuuut shouldn't it be a choice ??? and not an enforcement. :angryno:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »

I'm not saying it should be mandated, I'm just reminding y'all. Nothing more, nothing less,
02 1800C

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 04:56:35 PM »

The law is, what it is, ya don't fight it, at the level of the one giving the ticket. He probably doesn't support the law ether. He gets paid to enforce the law. It may not seem like it, but your vote counts.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 04:58:37 PM »

Thanks for the reminder, it is good to be informed  8)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Dusty

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »

When it first became law, I was rebelous and had the attitude that it was my vehicle and noone had any right to tell me what I should are shouldn't do in it. I felt like my safety in my vehicle was no body's business but mine.
A fifty dollar ticket (and the time I waisted paying it) softened my attitude and I started wearing it. Before I knew it, it was a habit and I buckeled up without even thinking about it. After shoulder surgery I couldn't buckle up without it hurting so I got out of the habit of buckling up.

Thanks for the reminder Jim, I damn near t-boned a car Friday that pulled out in front of me. I've kissed the steering wheel before, don't want to go there again.  :thumbup:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 05:09:40 PM »

I don't mind wearing the belt but I am in and out of the car many times a day and sometimes I forget at least till I see a LEO. Thanks for the heads up.
It's all just part of the adventure!

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »

It's a habit with me.....So much so that I always look for the belt when I get on my motorcycle........ :bikerider:
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 07:53:49 PM »

I have kids, they catch hell if they are not cinched up. I ask every time. and I loose it, if they take it off, in route. Yea, that happens .
I rode on station wagon, and pickup tailgates way too fast. I slept in the back window. both parents smoked in the car. I lived,  How did that happen.

Railroader

• Old Timer
  • ORANGE is the fastest color!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 04:23:24 PM »

I've been ticketed for this 4 times and I still dont put it on unless I see a LEO first.   :cuss: It's just a law that serves no purpose other than  to generate revenue.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 04:34:38 PM »

Wish I had mine on in February, Mighta' helped lessen all the bones I broke! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »

Wore mine before it was the law. Pretty sure it save my life once, judging from the cracks left on my steering wheel column.

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 07:18:31 PM »

Wish I had mine on in February, Mighta' helped lessen all the bones I broke! ;D
I now listen to Jim....I didn't use mine till lately.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »

I usually have mine on before I start the truck or soon after either way its on before the truck starts moving.
Alvin,Texas

BigNasdy

• Old Timer
    • American veteran Pool Table Sevice
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 09:00:54 PM »

I dont ride rollar coasters without one, so.......
Totaled my 2000 chevy truck doin 45 in the rain....rolled the truck twice, and turned it up on its nose.....took out two gas meaters and a fire hydrant, and landed on a gas meater....yes...gas was howling from all three meters, and water from the hydrant...On the highway no less.......got a bruise on my chest from the belt, and my buddy peeled his thumb like a bananna from grabbing the oh AppleSauce strap....but we are alive today, because of the belts....
Although I wear one  routinely, thanx for the heads up....now... can ya tell me where the next major pot bust will be? I wanna get there first and robb they Cranberries :o.... LMFAO
SALUTE, and thanx again,
D
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal