Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Interesting...  (Read 5170 times)

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
Re: Interesting...
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 05:05:32 PM »

You're right Marigod ooooopppps I meant Marigold! ;D :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Welcome Kharlos. Lets try a new beginning. What kind of communications do you have? Phones only, walkie talkies? Any Nady or other bike to bike products?
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 05:11:48 PM »

Brock if you were trying to get the No Posters to Post then you did Good........ O0

All of the ones that just read and don't post..

Welcome to the VTX Riders Group.

Welcome to the board!! O0

Now Post Something or we will kill you!!!!! ;D

Just kidding ;) 8)

WELCOME TO THE BOARD.  POST OR WE WILL BE BORED!!! :-* :-*

Welcome Kahrlos!  Where are you located?
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

quietguy

removed
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 05:18:53 PM »

Okay... removed my "post".

I'm sorry I even responded to all this.

Lennie

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 05:29:10 PM »

I had an id before and posted a few times; however, I've probably never knowingly ridden with any of y'all.  I'd say one of the reasons people don't post is they are uncertain of how someone will react/reply to their post.  A perfect example of this is the posting I put up in the for sale section.  I was trying extend an olive branch out to people on this board in a manner that I thought people would appreciate, and look what happened.  Someone with a big presence on this board put up a big azz angry IGNORE sign.  My first reaction was to return fire, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

The word Cliquish (befitting or characteristic of those who are inclined to social exclusiveness and who rebuff the advances of people) comes to mind.

Just saw this or I would have posted earlier. First we have been getting alot of spam lately and figured this could have been one. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Amother thing is your first post on this board was to PROMOTE your business. I am no better than anyone on this board. Some people may like me, alot don't. Maybe you should get the OK first before posting instead of asking for forgiveness after the fact.

You can PM me if you want to continue..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:09:35 PM by bIgPrO »
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 05:38:40 PM »

Several weeks ago, I posted a question concerning a highway peg setup for an 1800C on the VTXOA board. I have over 1250+ posts on that board, so I really wouldn't be considered a newbie. Guess what? Not one single response. ??? I just figured that a VTX 1800C was such an uncommon bike, no one had an answer. ;) ;D It happens. Sometimes I sit down and read a thread, but don't immediately respond as well.

A few things to consider...

Most of the "active people" on this board, around 200 +/-, know each other. We ridden rides together, gone to rally's together, shared motel rooms, and stayed at each other's homes. We know the person behind the computer. We know who's getting crap from someone, and why. We know each other as friends.

Don't take anything too personal. You just have to learn to make friends....you know...like in "real life".
There's a great bunch of GOOD people on this board, that will go way out of their way to assist anyone that asks. We've got a big sandbox, and there's more than enough room for everyone to play.

Then there's the anonymity of a computer. Lots of people find comfort in that. They can be who, and what they want to be and nobody knows.

I live in San Antonio. If you're every down this way, or somewhere in between, I'll be more that happy to get together and show you my part of Texas. What part are you from?
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »

I had an id before and posted a few times; however, I've probably never knowingly ridden with any of y'all.  I'd say one of the reasons people don't post is they are uncertain of how someone will react/reply to their post.  A perfect example of this is the posting I put up in the for sale section.  I was trying extend an olive branch out to people on this board in a manner that I thought people would appreciate, and look what happened.  Someone with a big presence on this board put up a big azz angry IGNORE sign.  My first reaction was to return fire, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

The word Cliquish (befitting or characteristic of those who are inclined to social exclusiveness and who rebuff the advances of people) comes to mind.

Were you neglected as a child?

snake

• What a ride it's been!
Re: removed
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 06:08:49 PM »

Okay... removed my "post".
I'm sorry I even responded to all this.
Lennie
Glad you were here Lennie. No problem. I've adjusted my response too, I got a little carried away when I got home, saw where this went. If you look at my posts, I'm sure you'll see many instances of inappropriateness. (Is that a word?) Your input was welcome. That's what we're here for!
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »

Brock if you were trying to get the No Posters to Post then you did Good........ O0
All of the ones that just read and don't post..
Welcome to the VTX Riders Group.

Marigold!!! I just figured it out! You are kinda' like a "concience" for me!. Thank you!
     420! Yeah, baby!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 07:01:39 PM »

So, I get it.  Cell phones and accessories would have been more relevent in a Harley forum becuase you need one to call the guy with the trailer.  Not in a Honda forum 'cuz they don't break down.

Hey, no one said that!! Let's go to the tape!!

:D ;D :o ;D 8)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 07:09:52 PM »

So, I get it.  Cell phones and accessories would have been more relevent in a Harley forum becuase you need one to call the guy with the trailer.  Not in a Honda forum 'cuz they don't break down.

Hey, no one said that!! Let's go to the tape!!

:D ;D :o ;D 8)

great pic Jim, oops, Jeff. i had almost forgot about that one. i'll bet tom hasn't though. ;D ;D
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 08:34:28 PM »

If we do our best....he never will/ ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

kahrlos

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 08:40:21 PM »

Hey, everyone, sorry if I started this one or added to it or both.  I've been known to be good at all three.

To TexasDave, yeah, actually I feel welcome now.  Thanks for asking.   ;D

I live in Coppell.  That's a little NE of DFW airport.  I've lived in SA and Austin.  Better riding down there I might add.

Only answering 'cuz someone asked.  No walkie talkies or bike-to-bike stuff (interesting idea though, thanks).  Just Tmobile, Sprint, unlocked GSM phones and accessories now, but we plan to setup an ecommerce site with phones, GPS, network gear and some other stuff later this year.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »

;D Jerry, you sound sooo much wiser since the RAT,  or your retirement!!!   Probably your retirement!  Looking forward to more.   Hey, you are retired!  I think you have the time to finish, you know, the RAT, story!!!!! ::) ::) 8) O0
Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 08:28:49 AM »

;D Jerry, you sound sooo much wiser since the RAT,  or your retirement!!!   Probably your retirement!  Looking forward to more.   Hey, you are retired!  I think you have the time to finish, you know, the RAT, story!!!!! ::) ::) 8) O0

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000 O0
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

Philanderer

• Old Timer
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 09:02:51 AM »

Brock, is there a way to tell if they are active or browsing. I have been linked to messages boards and signed up as a member and read for a bit then decided that I wasn't that interested in what was going on so I didn't go back. On a couple I did go back after months and the accounts were still there. I read a bit more and left again. Never posting.
I showed up at a campsite where 4 of my biker co-workers were staying. We were going on a morning ride to get breakfast. Two of the guys that were supposed to ride waved me on and said "We can't make this one". My boss started his bike and looked at me and said "A lot of people 'own' motorcycles".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal