Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?  (Read 4724 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2009, 12:07:29 PM »

Going through sticker shock on the price of tires  :ohwow: :ohwow:
HOW MUCH  :ohwow: and to mount  :ohwow: :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2009, 04:41:48 PM »

Did that myself a couple of months ago, 2nd set in a years time!
It's all just part of the adventure!

RicksVTX

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »

dang Gumbo..
you already needing tires on your bike??  ours are twins and mine is a long way from needing tires  :stickpoke:

Things are good in our world. The wife and I are trying to get in a new home. You talk about sticker shock. The one we are in now is over 20 years old and that's old for a double wide and its way to big. Wanting to down size and place it on the same lot we are on now.

Work is steady and I am safe so far. it pays to work for a city government at times but the pay sure could be better. But thankful to have one that's for sure. Kids are all healthy and smiling. the bike runs like a dream and the wife and I are thinking about riding to Galveston this Saturday and spending the night. First big trip for the two of us in 27 years.
Looking forward to seeing you guys again..

rick and ellen

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 07:39:47 PM »

What part of Southern MN are you from?  My Dad was born and raised in St. James.  I little Southwest of Mankado.  My Grandsparents farm is still in the family and I go up there every couple of years.  Spent every summer there and a couple of winter breaks when I was growing up.

Austin. I try to live in towns with the same name; easier to remember that way.  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009, 07:42:48 PM »

I'm currently in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on business, and ya know what they say about Brazilian women being so hot? Well, I think they are being a bit modest! If I was a single man, my house would be on the market, no offer, reasonable or otherwise, refused!!!! Smokin' HOT chickas!!!  :ohwow:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2009, 08:31:04 PM »

Well.................................since being laid off about 3 1/2 weeks ago and started working again this past monday, I'm really having trouble adjusting.  Just not feeling it right now.  I guess something had to do with having that much time off, kinda felt good just doing nothing some days and riding.  Just before going back to work, the wife and I took a little trip back to Fredericksburg. stayed at a nice little hotel near main street, ate the food, and rode the roads.  Spend some time in Leakey and rode the Three sisters this time, since, during the bluebonnet I didn't get a chance to.  Anyways, as far as the adjusting to the new job, i pretty much took a 35% pay cut and have to work twice as hard to to make money, and spend more time at work doing it.  my previous job was good, and aside from the money, i miss my schedule the most really.  7am - 3pm, no weekends.  So..............I'll go ahead and say it.......................I'll have some cheese with the whine.  However I am greatful I have a job in these tough times, it's just hard to adjust when you are a creature of habit.  a little of this  :cuss: , then need to just  :bikerider: , and finally  :c with some buddies to  :simmadown:, and enjoy what really matters  ;D
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 07:35:27 AM »

I have only experienced a layoff one time back in 1982 working for Gray Oil Tools.  Went to work for the HCSO in 1983 and still here 25 plus years later.  I do not have to worry about a layoff, but; get a little antsy about the wife who works for Shell Oil.  "24 years now"  Looking to retire in less than 6 years around payoff time on the house.  I will have one at home but I also hope to have his college squared away by then also.
Moving? Planning on staying put.  I have been taking advantage of the man power shortage here and I have been working OT, which; has allowed me to pay cash for some needed home refurbishing and upgrades.
Daughter number one walked across her college stage Saturday the 9th and after student teaching this fall we hope to have her off the mama/daddy payroll.
Daughter number two enters college in the fall so the spacing has worked.
Son number one/kid number three will be left and I will have the opportunity to prepare for his eventual nest leaving.
William
06 1300 Retro

Demon

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 08:57:14 AM »

I'm currently in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on business, and ya know what they say about Brazilian women being so hot? Well, I think they are being a bit modest! If I was a single man, my house would be on the market, no offer, reasonable or otherwise, refused!!!! Smokin' HOT chickas!!!  :ohwow:

take some pics of the chics there and send them to me... we will call it even for the beer you owe me!!!!    :thumbup:

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 09:14:29 AM »

Send them to me and I'll buy you a beer!!!   :c :c
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 10:05:51 PM »

Sorry, didn't have my camera out too much. But I think I'll be going back, and will be prepared! Suffice to say, it is a wonderland!  :thumbup:
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »

Can I carry your lap top Jim-Jeff???
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »

Once apon a time......... Wrong story!!
Well been raing way to much and having to use the riding mower as a mud machine to mow the grass. Changed the coolant in the X the other day which was a new exsperience for me, went well! Chidren and wife are ready for school to be out!! Not me, I get some me time before they get home!! lol It is all good. Yall have a good weekend and be safe!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal