Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?  (Read 4725 times)

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
Re: Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »

Man TEXVTXER, hate to hear your boy and grandkid having a tough time. I too have survived several recessions. We will survive. We may lose some posessions but that tends to make us focus on whats important. Monetary setbacks are merely annoying, not really a problem. Someone with a sick child or something like that has a problem. Good luck to you and yours. I too am blessed.
It's all just part of the adventure!

sensor3

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 06:37:48 PM »

Well since you asked….The bad news is I found out about 3 weeks ago the brain tumor I thought had been removed five years ago yesterday was back.  The good news is no surgery this time…Dr. wants to try radiation.  Much less invasive or painful.  The other good news - just found out this morning I was accepted in the program at Mayo Clinic in MN.  Supposed to be best in the world. Leaving next Tue to go up there. Two days of paperwork and prep then the treatment next Friday. 
Here’s the tie in to this board:  I was really stupid and went riding yesterday.  Had a real nice ride around Travis Lake and lunch there at the Oasis.  About two miles from home, at RR3405 and Williams Dr. I came to a full stop at the stop sign (the guy I was riding with was behind me and said I had both feet down) and just passed out.  Fell over to the right but never let go of the grips – even kept the clutch pulled in somehow. Thank God for the Cobra Fatties. When I realized what was going on (maybe 5 secs)  the bike was just resting on the bar – kinda wobbling up and down like one of those old Weeble (sp) toys.  (Remember the “weebles wobble but they don’t fall down ads).  I rolled the bike back up before my buddy could even get too me.  He says he has no idea how I lifted it alone – maybe adrenaline or maybe just enough leverage from the Fatties. Only damage was some minor scratching to the bottom of the bar.  Anyways, I’m grounded now – can’t even drive a cage. Hoping to be back in the wind in time for ROT.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 07:04:26 PM »

Damn, Sensor..like you said there is good news and bad news in your life right now.  I am so sorry to hear that the cancer has reared it ugly head again, but am glad to hear no surgery.  I choose to believe that the radiation will take care of it all.  I am also glad that you and your bike are ok after your ride.  Take care and keep us informed.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 08:06:28 PM »

sorry to say sensor, you make my point. If it can be fixed with money, it ain't a problem, just annoying. Good Luck with the treatments, my friend. Come back soon and lets' ride.

Fester

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 09:45:32 PM »

Well, let's see.....
Recently divorced, paying boatloads of alimony, broke, old, fat, grey, and balding.
I couldn't get a girlfriend in a women's prison with a pocktfull of paroles.
My best friend is a motorcycle and I need shoulder surgery from my motorcycle crash last year.
Just moved to San Antonio from Denver where my kids and granddaughter live. Only a couple of friends here and NO family.
I have absolutely no intention of playing down the issues being experienced by others above. I express my personal hope for the best to all.

Good news?
Recently divorced.

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:53 AM »

It's a sick world, and I'm a happy man!! ;D
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 06:09:34 AM »

The other good news - just found out this morning I was accepted in the program at Mayo Clinic in MN.  Supposed to be best in the world. Leaving next Tue to go up there. Two days of paperwork and prep then the treatment next Friday. 

That's my ol' stompin' grounds; grew up in Southern Minnesota. My older sister has been a nurse at Mayo for over 25 years. If you have to get treatment for most anything, that is in the top 2 or 3 in this country, probably top 5 in the world. Best of luck, and you picked a good time of the year to be in 'sota.  :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 06:36:10 AM »

Well, let's see.....
Recently divorced, paying boatloads of alimony, broke, old, fat, grey, and balding.
I couldn't get a girlfriend in a women's prison with a pocktfull of paroles.
My best friend is a motorcycle and I need shoulder surgery from my motorcycle crash last year.
Just moved to San Antonio from Denver where my kids and granddaughter live. Only a couple of friends here and NO family.
I have absolutely no intention of playing down the issues being experienced by others above. I express my personal hope for the best to all.

Good news?
Recently divorced.

and you've joined a forum full of derilects and malcontents,  life is good! :t

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 06:41:24 AM »

It's a sick world, and I'm a happy man!! ;D
yes it is and yes you are! Hows it goin'Snake , been to long, 

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 05:49:46 PM »

Hay, sensor3, I thought about you while watching the news tonight. Local news did a story about a new vaccine for brain cancer tumors.
the program is being run by a Dr. Theadore Schwartz, of Weill Cornell Med Center.
I don't know anymore than I saw In the broadcast, but I wanted to pass the information on.

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »

The other good news - just found out this morning I was accepted in the program at Mayo Clinic in MN.  Supposed to be best in the world. Leaving next Tue to go up there. Two days of paperwork and prep then the treatment next Friday. 

That's my ol' stompin' grounds; grew up in Southern Minnesota. My older sister has been a nurse at Mayo for over 25 years. If you have to get treatment for most anything, that is in the top 2 or 3 in this country, probably top 5 in the world. Best of luck, and you picked a good time of the year to be in 'sota.  :thumbup:
What part of Southern MN are you from?  My Dad was born and raised in St. James.  I little Southwest of Mankado.  My Grandsparents farm is still in the family and I go up there every couple of years.  Spent every summer there and a couple of winter breaks when I was growing up.
'02 1800C

sensor3

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »

Hay, sensor3, I thought about you while watching the news tonight. Local news did a story about a new vaccine for brain cancer tumors.
the program is being run by a Dr. Theadore Schwartz, of Weill Cornell Med Center.
I don't know anymore than I saw In the broadcast, but I wanted to pass the information on.

Tom Cat, I caught the last couple seconds of that too.  Didn't catch the Dr's name and hospital so thank you very much for passing it on. I am definitely going to to keep an eye on it. They said it may be on the market in a couple years..so who knows. If not me, hopefully it will help others in the future.  I can tell you from experience brain surgery sucks. As in on your knees puking because it hurts so much sucks. I wouldn't wish it on a HD rider.  You won't see me riding without a helmet and if I can convince even one of the diehard "I don't need no stinking helmet" guys to start slapping on a brain bucket, then my work here is done. (You listening Mike?)  Thanks again for thinking of me and passing this on.  (Note to HD riders: that was a joke)

XRaymondX

• Old Timer
  • Bullard, TX
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 07:13:43 AM »

I got my preacher's license in October of last year and have been really busy.  Working my regular job and trying to preach every week, too.  I've been off of the site for a while.  I'm glad this thread was started.  It's giving me the chance to catch up with what everybody is doing.

I still pray for all of you guys on here.  Looks like there are some new ones that I don't know that I will pray for. 

God has blessed us abundantly. 

Lately, my big project is, I've been adding on to my daughters' playground.  I have some pics on my facebook.  Check it out.  Been using scrap wood from work.  They love it.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2013352&id=1332516649&l=ff6f475923

For all of you guys that were praying for my little girl a couple of years ago, there are some pics of her playing on the stuff.  We are all doing great.

'02 VraTX 1800C - Retro Apocalyptic, "Road Warrior", Rat Bike.  Did it myself and love it. 

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 07:19:36 AM »

[quote

For all of you guys that were praying for my little girl a couple of years ago, there are some pics of her playing on the stuff.  We are all doing great.

[/quote]

I seen one kid on there looked a little big with a beard! :laugh: :laugh:  Good looking family and congratulations on the blessing for you and your family. :flag:

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 08:23:59 AM »

My Texas Hustle 2nd place Super Series Finalists, Brenham 05.15/09 to 05/17/09
William
06 1300 Retro
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal