Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?  (Read 4728 times)

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
Re: Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 11:27:16 AM »

I'm enjoying still being around. The bike's running good, the job is still there, (for now), the kids are keeping themselves entertained with their own children, and the pets are wondering who's going to feed them this week while I'm riding, (so am I).

I'm smiling a lot these days, so, all is well...
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 11:42:56 AM »

Been off for 3 weeks because of BP but all  in all doing good. Go back to work Thursday.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 07:37:17 PM »

Covered up at work; tons of OT. Forgery, fraud, and counterfeiting cases have exploded, as well as vehicle burglaries. Fixin' to hang some cases on a couple of crack ho's now; gonna be depriving a club of one of their strippers for a while. Been fighting Wells Fargo the last few days for info on some counterfeit checks (they have to protect the crooks' privacy, y'know). Forgot what my VTX looks like.....................
02 1800C

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »

Where to start, We just got custody of my 16 yr old step son. Wife has been out of work since Oct. My paying job has slowed down, but looks like it's going to turn around. My other job has been getting to me lately.  I'm getting real tired of kids dieing on me, 3 in the last month the last one was only 7 days old. I need some cheese to go with all this wine.

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 08:20:31 PM »

Where to start, We just got custody of my 16 yr old step son. Wife has been out of work since Oct. My paying job has slowed down, but looks like it's going to turn around. My other job has been getting to me lately.  I'm getting real tired of kids dieing on me, 3 in the last month the last one was only 7 days old. I need some cheese to go with all this wine.

Thank God for folks that can do what you do
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 08:24:26 PM »

V, V and OW....  ;D

Vertical
Ventilating
Overworked by Lucky at the house we are trying to get ready to move back into.   :couch:
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »

V, V and OW....  ;D

Vertical
Ventilating
Overworked by Lucky at the house we are trying to get ready to move back into.   :couch:

Ha Wayne take control of that woman, she's a strong gal, she can move it all with a little coaching from the couch. All you need is plenty of beer  :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :pot: :stickpoke:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 09:44:24 PM »

Just got off the phone with my Coonass wife. She went from a job where she had a cult following, to one where she is the wicked witch, intruding on a family organization. To say the least she was not received well. The hazing has started. She is a big girl with a strong drive to do well. She will do fine. I know better than to get involved in Coonass confrontations, I am not one, she is. She has worked there before and knows the lay of the people and the yard. Management is hoping to drive her away because she is a threat to take their job. She is missing her life here in a big way. She is looking for houses and trying to do things too fast, that is where I get to be the bad guy, the kids will finish the school year in Amarillo. There are so many loose ends to be dealt with, that I don't see a end to this for a while. My plan is to play it slow and careful, by the end of the school year, she should know where she stands. Returning to Amarillo is still possible, but I don't see it as a good thing. As I know well, ya can never go home. It is never what you left behind. She misses that life style, that has not changed. The people and the times have changed since she has been gone.
I am a retired old fart, I will do fine anywhere on gods green earth. I am a West Texas Panhandle post hollen daddy, but I learned long ago, how to get by in a foreign land.
The panhandle has been good to us, we have done well here. It has never been a place to relax, there is that go, go, drive up here that never lets up. She wants a calmer pace of life, I think, I do too.
As I said I will watch the board, and attend any function I can, in the coming year. I see a lot of traveling between Amarillo and south La in my near future.              

hobo

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Cedar Creek Lake
    • westcherry.com
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 12:59:57 AM »

Hey tom cat, where in south LA are 'ya talkin' about?

And isn't the DFW area somewhere on the way? It's a long drive and you've always got a place here at Cedar Creek Lake to stop and stretch your legs along the way.
My 2003 1800C lives at the shores of Cedar Creek Lake in Mabank, Texas
Don't make me get nekkid!... Smell The Bumper... I got my cookies!

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 05:48:15 AM »

I'm glad April is over! First my Grandmother died in a car wreck at 91, got back from the funeral and was told my services were no longer needed at work (got screwed over pretty bad), started to the BBT and crashed my bike! May has to be better! (I hope).

My wife lost her job about a year and a half ago and she still hasn't found a new one.

Our health is holding out and God is good. I have to keep reminding myself truth and honesty will win.

Starting a new job this month selling Non-Stop Scaffolding to Masonry Contractors. It's improving already! Will be on the road quite a bit though. My territory is North Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, part of Missouri, and as far west as I want to go.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 06:47:18 AM »

HeadGuess, I am believing for a better May, June, July.....and so on for you.  You paid your dues in April.

Things are looking good for us...even tho LL whines about all the physical work we are doing to remodel our house on our own, things are falling together nicely and I'm sure he will enjoy the new house just as much as me.  For whatever reason the Power That Be decided to bless me, he did, and I truly appreciate it.  I am married to my soulmate, our finances are in order, our health appears to be in order, and our jobs appear to be secure at this time, and I get to ride almost every day.  Of course until July we are not going to be able to go on fun rides during the weekends, but I do at least get to ride 60+ miles a day to/from work.

I do treasure all the friendships I have made on this forum and look forward to years of fun safe times together.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Demon

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 06:52:48 AM »

I hope the economy improves a little...  we could use more business...  ( I work for a Chevy and Dodge dealer)

Lawnmower

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 12:46:51 PM »

Life is good when the only 2 things that bother me, how my fiance booked us to go to the Hoover Dam (he didn't even think to rent us bikes) when I would rather cocktail it up by the pool in Vegas this weekend and how we are going to pay for our wedding when I spent all our money on my second motorcycle.  It is all about priorities!

Health is great and work, surpisingly, being in the custom home building business, is good too.

(Prayers sent for all those needing work and health help)

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 01:10:38 PM »

got sig. got swimming pool. got in the solor stocks as you know Reseach in motion has been on a run. Portfolio up over 50k and still gaining.  :popcorn: but my health is on the down turn.  I would give it all up for a good night sleep. NOT  with that kinda money I'll sleep in the day.  :t

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »

God provides...work in the commerical security industry, straight commission and every week manage to earn commission, some weeks better than others.  Little missus works in public education for over a decade so her job is pretty secure.  Two sons on their own, eldest laid off three months ago with a two daughters to raise, one 4 and the other 1, he is picking up odd jobs looking for work with govt. contractor on Abrams tanks, his MOS while in Marine Corps serving in Iraq.  Youngest son active duty Marine Corps, 8 months of active duty left, struggling with decision of whether to reup or get out....all at the same time he is dealing with an adulterous wife and anguishing over his beautiful 18 month old son and what the future holds.  The kids mother has cheated numerous times with guys that my son works with in the Corps...pretty sad situation.  It grieves my wife and I...she has been home for ten days and won't let us see our grandson...my son is livid and has told her not to come back to Camp Pendleton except to pack her things and get out.  He'll probably get out of the corps so he can focus on divorce and child custody battle...sad that a young fella has to deal with such adult problems, but then he made adult decisions without consulting his parents.  My folks in their 80s to 90s and played golf with my Dad, he's 91 and can still hit 'em.  He had a ball and I count my blessings to still have him and Mom with us.  God is good...I've been through three or four recessions and have always survived.  I'm pretty concerned for the future of our nation with the direction the current administration is taking us.  When bush was in his second term I started noticing bumper stickers that read " If you're not mad as Hell, you haven't been paying attention".  I'm looking for one of those now to run on the back of my cage.  I take comfort in the knowledge that God is in control and His will is what will prevail....after all, I've read the end of the story and I know who's gonna win!  Praise the Lord!
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal