Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?  (Read 4727 times)

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?
« on: May 04, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »

It can have nothing X related in any way, but we want to know. I take a bit of liberty in so far as speaking for the membership in general, not my job, but I'm going to do it any way.   >:D :congrats:
If your mother in law moved in, we want to hear it, misery loves company.
Point is, that many of us know each other, at least to the point we care. That point goes from, wish you were dead, to get in my bed. We all care about each other to some point, from the newest to the oldest member. 
Simpithy is cheep, but laughing at your pitiful Cranberries could be priceless.
Yes we need to know when a fellow rider goes down.
If your kid hit a home, We want to hear it.
We want to know how you are doing.
I worry some, about friends who quit posting. Only to find them at another rally on another make of bike,  :ohwow:  :congrats: I worry more about those who have some medical problem, then quit posting.  ???
I know this board is for VTX information.
This post is about, how yall are?   

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
Re: Post up, How ya doing, Whats going on?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 11:27:52 PM »

Pretty Good here.  Keeping our head above water for now. :thumbup:
We have a baby girl on the way she should be here any day now.

How about you?

:c
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 06:24:12 AM »

Kinda like the man that fell off the skyscraper, every time he passes a floor he says " so far so good" ;D  House, bike, car all paid off, both daughters graduated from college, the youngest last may, both working and supporting themselves, health seems pretty good, my job is, however, very shaky, lost my commission and medical insurance. Overall I'm blessed
It's all just part of the adventure!

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 07:16:41 AM »

Kinda like...the ugly bride standing at the alter...

Just happy to be here.
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »

Thankful every morning when I wake up, no guarantees on it you know, at this stage of the game some aren't waking.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 07:33:52 AM »

All is good in the Ruger household.

:c
William
06 1300 Retro

JGomez55

• Old Timer
  • Lovin Life....!
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 07:35:58 AM »

Doing OK, Thanks to God....!!! :thumbup:

Wife (The school teacher) and Kids are out of school for the next week.... H1N1 scare caused school closures around this area...  :banghead:  We are fine at home no sickness just lots of time juggling with the kids at home for 2 weeks.  :cuss:

All in all I cant complain, the family is doing fine...

8)
Joe Cool...8)

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 08:05:26 AM »

Nice idea.

I am preparing for the Houston Volkswagen Club's 17th anual VeeDubs and Texas Nights
Car show in September. There is a LOT of planning that goes in to putting these shows
together. Maybe some X-Riders can show up and enjoy the show.
Check out the flier Download the VDUBS and Texas Nights 17 flyer
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

willingp

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 08:13:37 AM »

New on here....Just kinda introducing myself !!
'05 Honda VTX 1300C
bought last summer....gettin' the CHROME FEVER !!  Tomorrow is DELIVERY DAY....
Gettin' chrome radiator grill, chrome horn cover, chrome driveshaft cover and bolts cover, and easy brackets !!!
can't wait !!
all is good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bikerider:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:18:28 AM by willingp »

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 08:24:28 AM »

Welcome to the group.  Post up a welcome message also.  Lost of us will say hi.

All is going well with me.  Still remembering my first BBT.  Thanks to everyone that helped to make it great.

Work is good for me and my wife.  We are enjoying our Grandkids, 4 1/2 year old girl and 1 1/2 year old boy.  Working very hard to pay off the last of our credit card bills.  Re-financed the house down to a 15 year note at 4.25 down from 6.25 and 23 1/2 years left of a 30 year note.  Not getting to ride as much as I want.  Health is good for both of us.  All in all, we are blessed.

David
'02 1800C

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 08:35:48 AM »

Kinda like...the ugly bride standing at the alter...

Just happy to be here.

I think he meant to say the "ugly groom", 'cause we all know who the better looking one is!  ;D ;D

We're doing well, even with the way the economy has been.  Work was very slow for me back in March (my worst month ever), but it recovered somewhat in April.  We have about one more year left, and we'll be debt free except for the mortgage!  8) 8)  We've cut back quite a bit of frivilous spending to accomplish our goals.  No cable TV, eating out less (that's part of the reason we've cut back on the MNGs, too)...heck, we haven't even turned on the A/C yet this year!!  :ohwow:  We can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  My daughter is doing very well and looking forward to the coming summer.  We all have our health, and we have great family and friends.  Cannot ask for anything more!  8)

dkjsr49

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »

:popcorn: :thumbup:
Life is good.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 09:16:59 AM »

Just closed on a house yesterday and still packing/getting ready to move in.  Work appears to be going well for both of us right now so I'd say we're happy to be where we are.
Chunk the llama.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 09:34:57 AM »

I did not read my name in the obituaries this morning.  It's a great day.  :thumbup:

Wife and myself teach school; I also coach.  Gearing-up for Reg. track in Huntsville on the 18th & 19th.  I have a 12 events qualified with the possibility of 4 going to the State Meet on June 5th & 6th.

Just 3 weeks of school, plus a week of testing.  :c  I never count that week because it is just a half day of work. 

I guess the next event for me will be ROT and then start packing for the Coloradical  :bikerider: and leave on June 27th to ride thru Sante Fe & Northwest NM thru the 4 corners and then into Denver.  My last big ride before Fall coaching will be back to NM visiting relatives in Taos the first weekend of August.

Still awaiting info. on the Quad-City M&G.  This should be a neat get-together.

Everyon take care... O0

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »

I did not read my name in the obituaries this morning.  It's a great day.  :thumbup:

Wife and myself teach school; I also coach.  Gearing-up for Reg. track in Huntsville on the 18th & 19th.  I have a 12 events qualified with the possibility of 4 going to the State Meet on June 5th & 6th.

Just 3 weeks of school, plus a week of testing.  :c  I never count that week because it is just a half day of work. 

I guess the next event for me will be ROT and then start packing for the Coloradical  :bikerider: and leave on June 27th to ride thru Sante Fe & Northwest NM thru the 4 corners and then into Denver.  My last big ride before Fall coaching will be back to NM visiting relatives in Taos the first weekend of August.

Still awaiting info. on the Quad-City M&G.  This should be a neat get-together.

Everyon take care... O0

If you have the time....

Was in Phoenix last summer and rented a connie and took it out into the mountains north of town with some FJR guys. They said the big ride out there is the devil's highway. (see link) Dragon's tail west. It is not too far over the border from New Mexico and more or less on the way to 4 corners...and is supposed to be a big elevation change and more curves than can be counted. Whatever you do, it sounds like it will be a great ride.

http://www.azride.com/DevilsHighwayRun.html
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:26:53 AM by VT-XS »
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal