Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remember this?  (Read 2399 times)

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
Re: Remember this?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 02:08:19 PM »

Little hick-up with the new fat fork tubes rubbing the very edges of the new front fender when the shocks are depressed. Taking the fender back to the metal shop to see what they can do about solving this little problem. Hopefully they can just roll in the edge slightly as they barely touch but enough to nick the paint.

Another peak for ya! No more tank seam!

I knew that some reason I didn't buy those fat fork tubes from HDL .... ;D ;D Iam just going to get mine chromed!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »

Little hick-up with the new fat fork tubes rubbing the very edges of the new front fender when the shocks are depressed. Taking the fender back to the metal shop to see what they can do about solving this little problem. Hopefully they can just roll in the edge slightly as they barely touch but enough to nick the paint.

Another peak for ya! No more tank seam!

I knew that some reason I didn't buy those fat fork tubes from HDL .... ;D ;D Iam just going to get mine chromed!!

Not actually certain if the stock fender of the 1800C is the problem? Because the metal of the stock fender is so thin, before he could cut away the design I drew up into them he had to build up the edges with a 1/8" weld all the way around. And this may have contributed to the rubbing. It's an 1/8" nick being put in both sides of the fender.

You can see how thick the edge of the front fender is now...

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 06:56:55 PM »

I bet it is just the fender. Iam sure they wouldn't make a product that would do that. Just messen with ya!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 08:27:08 PM »

I have a dremel you can use  :stickpoke: :stickpoke: That should fix the rubbing.  :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 08:47:30 PM »

A hammer is quicker. That leaces more time to ride. :t
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »

A hammer is quicker. That leaces more time to ride. :t

You must have misplaced your hammer?? I don't see you doing much riding these days?? Where ya been?

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 10:42:36 PM »

I have a dremel you can use  :stickpoke: :stickpoke: That should fix the rubbing.  :thumbup:

LOL, thanks Gumbo, but my own dremel came in handy when I had to relocate the front shock dirt shields due to the fatter fork tubes. The fat fork tubes would have come down on the tops of the dirt shields even while resting. So I had to fashion 4 brackets to allow me to move the dirt shields about a 1/2 inch forward to let the fork tubes slip behind them when the shocks compress.

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 10:56:21 PM »

I am working two jobs and racing dirt track with my boys.

Riding to and from work is all I have been able to get in lately.

School will be out in a couple weeks. June and July should be much better for me.
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal