Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Checked out the Fury  (Read 3680 times)

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Checked out the Fury
« on: May 02, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »

Today was at Stubbs so went over and low and behold they had the Fury..already sold but anyway.It does look 100% better in person but a few changes that I would make new pipes,dump the stock seat,replace the turn signals.It is a very comfortable bike to sit on and the bars are just right for myself anyway and a friend of mine.He is 6'2" and around 350 and loved the way it felt.They were asking $12,900 think it was.You ask would I buy one probably not as my mind is set on something a bit different but it was a thought.
Alvin,Texas

dkjsr49

• Old Timer
Re: Checked out the Fury
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »

If I ever trade my VTX, it's gonna be for a GoldWing.  :bikerider:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 07:49:15 PM »

ditto
It's all just part of the adventure!

larryw

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »

ditto
ditto, ditto :agree:
2004 VTX 1800N

Ironhorse1800

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 08:44:27 PM »

I think with a little cleaning I can get the Wing in the garage right next to my X!!! No trade in here.
Ironhorse1800 -My 2004 1800 N S3

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:18:30 PM »

I think with a little cleaning I can get the Wing in the garage right next to my X!!! No trade in here.

Yep my next will be a wing, but I will have my X for a long time, most likely next to the wing.  :agree:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »

I think I am the only one (besides you) that is freaking out over the Fury. I am 6'3" and 270lbs. I think if your buddy likes the feel, I will too. Plus, add 3" extended forward controls and I may fit on the damn thing. Even with 4" extended controls, my legs are at almost 90 degrees (my friend Trent can't hardly reach them!!). I sure ould like to stretch out. I can't even stretch out on the 1800. Hell, I've just about changes my bike into a Fury-ish kinda bike less the retro fenders and the 6 up on the frame....

I think I am gonna look into getting one too.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:58:08 PM by ViciousNoob »
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »

I was in New Braunfels today for the "Rally on the River" at Gruene HD.  A San Antonio dealer had the Fury there in black.  I thought it looked real good from the seat forward.  Too small of a tank, the same front and rear turns as other 1300's & 1800's (you would have thought they would make them have more of a custom look; they use the same black rubber stand-offs for the turns, takes away from the bike) and the rear taillight should have a custom look; its just a solid red turn about 1 1/2" x 8" (the width of the rear fender) & it had the same 1300 lic. plate (please!!  :cuss: ). 

Its like they worked the front but quit  :banghead: when it came to the rear.  I think building  :c my own chopper would be more fun than
throwing-in 13 grand for an un-finished piece of work.  Its like they just had to put something on the market & did not worry about doing it right.

I think keeping my X and buying me a "Wing" later is the ticket (damn I must be getting old, oh well).   :bikerider:

'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 10:40:58 PM »

I was in New Braunfels today for the "Rally on the River" at Gruene HD.  A San Antonio dealer had the Fury there in black.  I thought it looked real good from the seat forward.  Too small of a tank, the same front and rear turns as other 1300's & 1800's (you would have thought they would make them have more of a custom look; they use the same black rubber stand-offs for the turns, takes away from the bike) and the rear taillight should have a custom look; its just a solid red turn about 1 1/2" x 8" (the width of the rear fender) & it had the same 1300 lic. plate (please!!  :cuss: ). 

Its like they worked the front but quit  :banghead: when it came to the rear.  I think building  :c my own chopper would be more fun than
throwing-in 13 grand for an un-finished piece of work.  Its like they just had to put something on the market & did not worry about doing it right.

I think keeping my X and buying me a "Wing" later is the ticket (damn I must be getting old, oh well).   :bikerider:

Valid points. Building would be much more fun. I agree (less the 'Wing. Nothing against them, I just wanna stay kinda custom for a while)...
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »

:agree: 

Noob, like you said...making it your own is alot more fun!  :thumbup:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

TAZ

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Conroe TX.
    • The "TAZ" Machine
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 11:58:13 PM »

Went up to cycle shack yesterday and check the fury out.  I still think it is a very ugly bike.
Just my 2 pennies. :-\
Later,
"TAZ"
1300C

LEDS installed for $150.00 for members and $200.00 for non members. 14 pods, switch, fuse holder, 3amp fuse included for that price.
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/LEDTAZ/

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 04:33:00 AM »

Went up to cycle shack yesterday and check the fury out.  I still think it is a very ugly bike.
Just my 2 pennies. :-\
I, personally,think the Yami Raider is a slicker scooter. JMHO.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »

The Raider would be my first choice have to do alot less to it than the Fury...pipes and back fender and your there plus more HP.Also if your wanting can go to a 300 wide tire in the back and that isa fat tire lol.No wing here would go with the new Kawasaki that they just came out with a very nice comfortable bike.
Alvin,Texas

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »

I went to HoH yesterday for some parts. Got to see the FURY.
NOT BAD! Like I said earlier, I will not trade in the X but, they
did a nice job on it. Very clean looking. Tank is WAY too small.
Just my 2 cents.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »

I like my X and my Wing I just wish I could ride!!!!
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal