Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Checked out the Fury  (Read 3668 times)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
Re: Checked out the Fury
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 08:08:26 PM »

Not a bad looking bike, and pretty good video. :thumbup:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

BigDaddyTy

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 11:29:35 AM »

Checked out the Fury at HOH the other day(already sold),not in the market for anything new just window shopping and the bike looks ok to me for a around town rider.With a few upgrades and chrome it would be a great M&G and bar hopper,only drawback is the price but they're selling as soon as it hits the show room floor..

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 06:17:31 PM »

Stopped by AL Lambs in Dallas today , they got in another Fury. Gotta admit ,I like it more than I thought I would. I also have to change my mind, I didn't think they would go over that well, now I think they will sell a lot of them. I still gotta think it is sort of a fad bike and will fade in a couple of years. Still not for me but all those Goldwings ooooooooo  yeah.
It's all just part of the adventure!

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »

I stopped by Northwest Honda today and saw the Fury, also.  It was silver and looked pretty good to me, too!  Of course, it was sold, too.  Obviously with one or two per dealer right now, they're selling like hot cakes.  ;D

txgaboy

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Texas/Georgia Boy Austin, Texas
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 03:04:24 PM »

Most all straight Southern white males
spend there entire lives trying to avoid
being pissants. - Lewis Grizzard

'05 1300 VTX retro (red) Sold
'07 GOLDWING  (Metallic Dark Blue)

PGR Rider; when I can
US Army, 1969 - 1982

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 06:11:39 PM »

Just saw for the first time the Honda Fury TV commercial!! Kinda reminded me of the begining of OCC !! Was ok but I think the bike is a little bit small for me!!  ;D ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 06:34:34 PM »

10/4...the Raider rocks, Honda, once again plays 2nd fiddle in the orchestra. JMHO.
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 08:11:23 PM »

10/4...the Raider rocks, Honda, once again plays 2nd fiddle in the orchestra. JMHO.

Well 2nd fiddle in a orchestra is not bad - but you don't want to be 2nd fiddle in a cajun band if your not synchronized with the 1st fiddle.  :D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »

Yep a new Raider with a 300 kit on the bike if I could figure out how to do pics would put it on here.Also who in the neighborhood will be the first VTX with a 330 kiton the back side....comming soon stay  tuned.
Alvin,Texas

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2009, 06:52:09 PM »

Us long legged Texans...35" inseam, just don't fit on a Wing...tried it and didn't like it...really like the engineering of the flat six, bullet proof, last several hundred thousand miles, but it just don't fit me! :banghead:
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2009, 07:54:06 PM »

The Raider is nice, but it's air-cooled. It's built to wider tolerances, and is not as efficient or as green (and that's becoming a more and more important factor) as a liquid-cooled engine. All things being equal, a liquid-cooled engine will far outlast an air-cooled engine. If you keep it on the open highway, an air-cooled engine isn't too bad, but for around-town or heavy traffic an air-cooled engine is at a significant disadvantage.
02 1800C

HeadGuess

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Wills Point, Texas
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »

The Raider is nice, but it's air-cooled. It's built to wider tolerances, and is not as efficient or as green (and that's becoming a more and more important factor) as a liquid-cooled engine. All things being equal, a liquid-cooled engine will far outlast an air-cooled engine. If you keep it on the open highway, an air-cooled engine isn't too bad, but for around-town or heavy traffic an air-cooled engine is at a significant disadvantage.

Agree 100%. Not only that I have always like Honda bikes since I was a kid!

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2009, 08:15:07 PM »

So, how long you gonna keep a Fury vs. a Raider...the Raider is STILL a better looking, more functionally developed scooter...you buy the Fury (KEWL), I'll buy the Raider {KEWLER}.  :cool2: :bikerider:  O0  :thumbup:

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 08:52:13 PM »

Jeff, just keep your VTX. I'm not going to buy a Fury OR a Raider  :thumbup:.
02 1800C

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »

Jeff, just keep your VTX. I'm not going to buy a Fury OR a Raider  :thumbup:.
Me either...I'll buy another "cruiser" type next myself.  :thumbup:  :bikerider:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal