Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CDC link - swine flu  (Read 860 times)

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
CDC link - swine flu
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:21:20 PM »

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/index.htm

I looked at this site yesterday TX had 16, today it's 26

for what is worth

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Tinman

• Old Timer
  • Bridge City
Re: CDC link - swine flu
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »

I think early treatment is the key. Feel bad see your Doc and get it taken care of.

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:35:38 PM »

32,000 people die every year from the common flu.  This is serious, but not near as life threatening as the news is making it out to be.  Like Tinman said, go in if you're feeling pretty bad.
Chunk the llama.

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:37:57 PM »

32,000 people die every year from the common flu.  This is serious, but not near as life threatening as the news is making it out to be.  Like Tinman said, go in if you're feeling pretty bad.

+1
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »

If you feel you are coming down with it, jump on the bike, head out of town, find a fresh skunk. Remove the glands and suck em dry, if you survive flu aint going to hurt you.  :c Skunk stores a yellow oil in two glands the size of grapes. The glands are located at the base of the tail.

Hope this saves some lives  8)
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »

If you feel you are coming down with it, jump on the bike, head out of town, find a fresh skunk. Remove the glands and suck em dry, if you survive flu aint going to hurt you.  :c Skunk stores a yellow oil in two glands the size of grapes. The glands are located at the base of the tail.

Hope this saves some lives  8)

Gumbo have you ever thought about changing your name to skunkman? :c

Sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 09:52:25 PM »

If you feel bad and think you might have it please go to the doc, don't wait till 10 pm to call 911 and get me out of bed to go and tell you to go to the doctor. Not that any of you live in my coverage area but i promise your fire dept. don't wont to see you either.

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 09:53:32 PM »

No but I sure like that smell, reminds me of the late 60's. early 70's  :bikerider: I swear I ride better after passing one up on the road.  ;D
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 08:07:15 AM »

Personally I think there is a lot of overreaction going on here.  Closing schools, canceling events....this is just another strand of influenza....it's not the plague.  Wash your hands a little more and just use some basic common sense...and like Tinman said, go to the doc if you feel it coming on.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 08:13:32 AM »

Ok!Ok! just ignore the wonders of skunk oil  :banghead:
Go to the doctor  :couch:

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 08:18:09 AM »

This is where it began!!!!
William
06 1300 Retro

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal