Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Seat Lock?  (Read 3178 times)

tyoung1986

• Tejano
Seat Lock?
« on: April 17, 2009, 11:58:21 PM »

some one tried stealing my seat  ??? because when i was riding my bike the other day the seat slid a little, then i got home and noticed my bolts were missing, SO i was cureous if any one new about a seat lock of some sort?
06 1300c, 02 1800c

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: Seat Lock?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 12:06:43 AM »

Here's a GREAT seat lock...

Seriously, sorry to hear about your drama. I have not heard of a seat lock at all. I will ask around for you, though..... If you get your seat swiped. I have a spare for a 1300....
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

Dusty

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 05:55:20 AM »

some one tried stealing my seat  ??? because when i was riding my bike the other day the seat slid a little, then i got home and noticed my bolts were missing, SO i was cureous if any one new about a seat lock of some sort?

This is the first time in five years on this board that I've heard of a low life stunt like this. Not a seat anyway. Where was it parked when they tried to steal it? I remember one other person having concerns and asking how to prevent it. What kind of seat do you have? Do you have a passenger seat as well? If it's a single and the bolts were gone, why didn't they take the seat after they got the bolts out? With todays battery powered tools, I guess anything is possible. Do you have any enemies that would like to see you dismount while riding?  :ohwow:
I worked on my bike once, put the seat in place, did something else for a while and forgot to bolt the seat back on before I went riding. I can't think of a way to lock it down without rearranging the whole bolt on system. Perhaps some sort of keyed cam lock. Try looking in the door hardware section at the hardware store.  :idontknow:

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 05:59:48 AM »

This is the first time in five years on this board that I've heard of a low life stunt like this. Not a seat anyway. Where was it parked when they tried to steal it? I remember one other person having concerns and asking how to prevent it. What kind of seat do you have? Do you have a passenger seat as well? If it's a single and the bolts were gone, why didn't they take the seat after they got the bolts out? With todays battery powered tools, I guess anything is possible. Do you have any enemies that would like to see you dismount while riding?  :ohwow:
I worked on my bike once, put the seat in place, did something else for a while and forgot to bolt the seat back on before I went riding. I can't think of a way to lock it down without rearranging the whole bolt on system. Perhaps some sort of keyed cam lock. Try looking in the door hardware section at the hardware store.  :idontknow:
7 years for me and never once have I heard someone try to steal anyone's seat. There are low lifes everywhere, I reckon?!
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

tyoung1986

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 11:50:05 AM »

I'm not a bar hopper and dont hang out in the slums. I hadn't took off my seat for probly a month. And enemies? I'm a nice guy ask me i'll tell you!!! but it is a nice 1800c seat wrapd in gator plether, gelld, and chopped for my 1300, and me. with a strap to the back bolt, and the back bolt was the only one not missing. if any one hears anything just let me know. thanks
06 1300c, 02 1800c

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »

Always get a alarm that has a shock sensor on it!! That way if anyone messes with the bike it will go off!! 8)
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 07:14:12 PM »

Are you SURE someone tried to steal the seat?  Or is it possible that perhaps one screw fell out sometime, and then when the other fell out you finally noticed?  Was the nut still on the fender?  because I have a bit of a hard time imagining thieves roaming around with hex keys and not crescent wrenches....

Best security system is line of sight and a good rifle with a scope.  Nothing says "don't touch my bike" like the dead outstretched hand of a would-be thief.
My now long gone VTX...

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »

Something like this would work if you could find the right length and thread...

I know the ad is funny, but it really would work...

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 04:55:11 AM »

Intimidator Man Locks limit manhole access...  I hate it when someone invades your manhole under your seat without proper permission.....
My now long gone VTX...

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »

hmmm...  I may have to look into getting something now.  When I got home from work today, the guts of the keyed-bolt lock on my door were missing...   :idontknow:

Need oil prices to go back up or we'll being seeing more of that out here...

tyoung1986

• Tejano
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »

i dont ride a harley, stuff shouldn't just rattle off! Right ???
06 1300c, 02 1800c

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »

I take it that means the fender nut was still in place?  And the thing about the seat nuts is that if they're not secured tightly, they can come out easily.   You do ride a Harley, btw... Honda purposely put extra vibration into the motor for a more "biker like" experience.  Yup, they purposely de-tuned it to be more liked a Harley.
My now long gone VTX...

dkjsr49

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 07:02:59 AM »

I have a Corbin seat and twice the fender bolt came loose on mine and fell out. I used the non perm lock tight and cured the problem. Hopefully I'll be able to remove it without too much trouble.

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 12:16:40 PM »

Switching from bolts to ball detent pins will eliminate the problems of bolts vibrating loose and bolts vibrating too tight. As an added plus, no tools are required to remove the seat. The bolts are not required to hold the seat on while riding; they basically just keep it fron blowing off when it's parked (or trailered).
02 1800C

shenadya

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 08:38:01 PM »

Maybe the same person that tried to steal your seat stole my helmet lock. I have NO idea where it went! ???
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal