Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More Power out of the 1300  (Read 2257 times)

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
More Power out of the 1300
« on: July 24, 2006, 10:07:26 AM »

I have a 1300S and I love it but I want to get a little more POWER out of it. I got this bike because I love the way it looks. I have ordered some cobra speedsters shorts and a hypercharger for it. I just want to know if anyone has found or knows of anyway to get some more power out of the 1300. I do not want to have a bike that is not fun to ride but I also want a bike that can run real fast 0-100.
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
Re: More Power out of the 1300
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 10:41:11 AM »

what it would take to make it faster, it would be cheaper to jack it up and run a 1800 under it ;D O0
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:52:28 AM »

what it would take to make it faster, it would be cheaper to jack it up and run a 1800 under it 

Yes I know just getting an 1800 or transplanting an 1800 motor would be an option but I want to stick with a carb. I am not a huge fan of FI. I know it's weird but I do not like working with FI motors.
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 11:23:16 AM »

Find Design Performance's website.
Displaced Texan.

quietguy

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:00:02 PM »

Yes I know just getting an 1800 or transplanting an 1800 motor would be an option but I want to stick with a carb. I am not a huge fan of FI. I know it's weird but I do not like working with FI motors.

The 1300 is a fine machine... I looked seriously at one some time ago.    The beauty of FI is that you do NOT have to "work" on them.   All electronic.  You can however enhance them with products like the PCIII.  Other advantages include smoother operation at different altitudes and atmospheric conditions, smoother running motor and more consistent gas mileage (this of course will vary depending on riding habits).

Good luck.

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 12:12:22 PM »

The 1300 is a fine machine... I looked seriously at one some time ago.    The beauty of FI is that you do NOT have to "work" on them.   All electronic.  You can however enhance them with products like the PCIII.  Other advantages include smoother operation at different altitudes and atmospheric conditions, smoother running motor and more consistent gas mileage (this of course will vary depending on riding habits).

Good luck.

Yes I Know I love this bike it is the best bike i have ever owned. I just would like a little more power to get around some traffic or to pass and avoid problems. I would like to gain just another 15% or so. That way my bike can jump in and out of little problems with low effort, That is all I am looking for.

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

TexasDave

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 12:15:16 PM »

I have the V&H Big shots, re-jetted carb and K&N in the stock airbox on my '06 1300C - it runs pretty strong. Have nothing to compare it to but a run with a Cow 2000.... it held it's on, at least thru 80 mph.

GATOR

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 01:27:12 PM »

I have a brand new 1300 Dynojet Kit ,I never got the pleasure of using before totaling mine out.It has a coupon for a Free Dyno Run inside the kit. Will let it go for about half original cost and ---> donate that to the Rider Down Fund..... O0   www.dynojet.com

quietguy

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 04:52:31 PM »

I have a brand new 1300 Dynojet Kit ,I never got the pleasure of using before totaling mine out.It has a coupon for a Free Dyno Run inside the kit. Will let it go for about half original cost and ---> donate that to the Rider Down Fund..... O0   www.dynojet.com

Man Gator... sorry to hear of your mishap.  I hope you're okay.  The bike can be replaced.

sgtstever

• Master Tejano Rider
  • BOHICA
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 05:12:44 PM »

I put V&H Big Shots and a Kury Hypercharger on my 1300C and had a very noticable differnece.  I easily bury my speedo...don't need much more power than that.  Oh yeah, the most important thing that makes it fast, is the color.  Everybody knows RED is the fastest!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

BIG A

• Master Tejano Rider
  • belton texas 06Goldwing 06KTM 450 08 KTM 690E
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 05:35:25 PM »

steve it's not fast anymore i couldn't have your red bike hanging around all my fast black one's, so with a couple a can's of black krylon it now fits in around here. ;D ;D O0
YOU DON'T QUIT RIDING WHEN YOU GET OLD---YOU GET OLD WHEN YOU QUIT RIDING

quietguy

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 06:40:29 PM »

Actually, you're all wrong... Chrome is the fastest color 8)

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 08:01:45 PM »

I put V&H Big Shots and a Kury Hypercharger on my 1300C and had a very noticable differnece.  I easily bury my speedo...don't need much more power than that.  Oh yeah, the most important thing that makes it fast, is the color.  Everybody knows RED is the fastest!
steve it's not fast anymore i couldn't have your red bike hanging around all my fast black one's, so with a couple a can's of black krylon it now fits in around here. ;D ;D O0

yeah steve i've seen it! Big A did an excellent job on the paint! i'm even thinking of having him do some custom paint on mine. LOL. ;D ;D
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 08:22:45 PM »

lighten the load will make it faster  ::)
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Swampfox

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:15 PM »

RED BIKES ARE FASTER Yeah Mine Red too!  1300c
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal