Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lane Splitting  (Read 2347 times)

Xmark

• Old Timer
  • San Marcos, TX
Re: Lane Splitting
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 11:11:48 AM »

Divided on whether I would want to see it passed.  One part of me thinks that it is too dangerous to do, but yet having that option would be nice.  I do not plan on practicing it, but then again I do not choose to ride without a helmet, but am glad that that option is there for people to decide for themselves.

+1 to what Lucky said.

I've lane split several times in LA traffic but this was only when traffic was at a stand still. Not a big deal when cars aren't moving. You just need to take your time.
I'd like to have the option. It can be a big time saver and it can be done safely at LOW SPEEDS.
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers.
What you do today, might Burn Your butt Tomorrow"

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »

Personally I'd like to see it. Having the option of lane splitting, depending on traffic and the size of lanes etc would be nice.
There will be an adjustment period for sure of several months. You all ride Honda Cruisers. If it ever passes,
sit back and let the twenty something crotch rocket guys break everybody in. It's the kind of thing they like.
After a few incidents hit the news, it will be much safer for the rest of us.

:bikerider: :couch: :bikerider:
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »

I did it for years in Cali. no problem when you get used to it. I think this bill is doing it right. Slow or stopped traffic only. I was with some sport bikes coming back from the Galveston rally , I 45 was a parking lot but the bikes could have split the lanes with no problem and got out of the way. I hate following a bike in slow traffic when I'm in the car. would rather they split the lane and get out of the way if they can do so safely.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »

Personally I'd like to see it. Having the option of lane splitting, depending on traffic and the size of lanes etc would be nice.
There will be an adjustment period for sure of several months. You all ride Honda Cruisers. If it ever passes,
sit back and let the twenty something crotch rocket guys break everybody in. It's the kind of thing they like.
After a few incidents hit the news, it will be much safer for the rest of us.

:bikerider: :couch: :bikerider:

:good:

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

freebird451

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 05:53:00 AM »

....hopefully the drivers on their cell phones will be able to hear the pipes as I pass by them carefully, in a "crawling" speed.  :-\

keep dreaming. stereos too loud, too busy on the phone, and just don't care about anyone but themseelves. forget it. i like to live to much
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night!

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »

Gary that is good you are hopeful, your post seems to be right on. :bikerider:

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:19 PM »

Gary that is good you are hopeful, your post seems to be right on. :bikerider:

I believe that you're Gary.  ???
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

TEXVTXER

• Old Timer
  • 2006 VTX1300 R in Black...the fastest color!
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 10:43:50 PM »

If you're gonna lane split...check the organ donor box on your license so it will benefit someone when the inevitable happens.

Ride Safe!
TEXVTXER
Patriot Guard Rider

2006 VTX1300R: Cobra fatty highway bars and light bar, MF 21" WS, Kury ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss and Longhorn Hwy. pegs, Cobra sissy bar w/luggage rack, Ultimate X Big Boy w/Ultimate Pssgr. Seat, Leatherlyke Bags, Kury Ultra Tour Bag.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 07:48:21 AM »

Not to mention someone opening the door to step out and see what the hold up is - crunch -  :ohwow:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 09:04:36 PM »

Ya know! it would be my luck if i split lanes someone would empty there ashtray in my face!  :cuss: Or worse not see me and change lanes on me. Ride with Pride! David
2007 1800N Charcoal

Demon

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:28 AM »

The general public is afraid of guys on cruisers... if you are in a sport bike they hate you!!!  I will split lanes on my Ultra all day long if possible!!!

jdugie123

• Tejano
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 07:59:11 AM »

I am with most of you there are to many people that only care about themselves and don't watch the road to begin with. In Texas it isn't safe because people aren't use to it cali people have seen it all their lives so they are use to it

Morgan Buchanan

• Texas X Rider OverLord
    • Fantastic Opportunity!  Look and ask me about it!
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »

Lane splitting has been shown to be statistically safer than sitting in traffic.  IE, lane splitters DO get hit in the ways you all are imagining, but people who DON'T lane split get rear-ended at a far higher rate.

So pick your poison.  Riding bikes is dangerous.  This law is doing it the right way.
My now long gone VTX...

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 10:48:05 AM »

Not to cyberjack the thread, but getting rear ended makes me wonder - What ever happend to Brian Murrah? ???
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!
Pages: 1 [2]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal