Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How good is Kuryakyn customer service?  (Read 1127 times)

VTX1300R06

How good is Kuryakyn customer service?
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »

Just got some ISO grips and the glue set up rock solid 1/3 the way on. Had to get my son to help me get them off. In the process they broke in 2! >:(

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: How good is Kuryakyn customer service?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 09:25:14 PM »

how much vaseline do you have. you're gonna need all of it to get them to give you new grips..... sorry.

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 10:15:17 PM »

Yeah....that's a tough call...but, (sorry) the instruction do say the glue sets up fast. :(

Try giving them a call, and hopefully they'll send you what you need. :)
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

VTX1300R06

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 10:23:40 PM »

There is fast and there is not enough damn time to get the things on. I'm very familiar w/ super glue but this stuff set up hammer tight in less than a second. $#!+ !!!!

VTX1300R06

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 10:28:11 PM »

Davesax36- I know there is the possibility they will not be rightous in this. If so the fangs and claws come out. This is my 1st Kury purchase and will be my last and will make it a point of sharing my story EVERY chance I get if they do not make it right. Trust me I will update!

VTX1300R06

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:59:55 PM »

Anyone have any contacts at Kury? Talked to Rob. "Not authorized to do anything" and can't even get a manager. >:(

RD

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Just another Joe in San Antonio
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 02:17:17 PM »

Anyone have any contacts at Kury? Talked to Rob. "Not authorized to do anything" and can't even get a manager. >:(

Did you buy them from Hal? Give HDL a call, explain your problem, they might assist.

Did you buy them from a local Dealer?   (Same suggestion as above)

Did you buy them online from someone other than HDL? Go buy another set.

I've logged 35 years as management in the retail business. There's not the same latitude, or the same attitude as there once was. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you'll find the right person.
Another proud owner of 2 1800's
04' Honda VTX 1800C
08' Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Davesax36

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 12:37:59 AM »

if you get the rubber inserts, I have a set for 7/8" bars that I'm not gonna use. I'll let you have 'em for a very reasonable price ($30) as I cut one of the inserts up to put them on my sport bike. let me know. i'll get 'em down to houston and then I'll ship 'em to you. hopefully that will solve the problem. put them on with double-sided golf grip tape and wd-40. when the lube dries, they're stuck on, but not so much you couldn't get 'em back off if you wanted. send me a pm, cuz I'm not on here much.

Tank

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »

Call them again. My buddy did the same thing on the left side. He called and they sent him a new insert, this time he used grip glue and it gives you time to adjust. They are nice people at least the few that I have talked to and I am sure it happens often.

Could have been a bad day for the guy you spoke with.

VTX1300R06

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 12:25:15 AM »

Must have been a bad couple days for the whole crew. I spoke w/ the warrenty tech, sales guy, mgr (she spoke to her mgr). My opinion is they are just plane @$$#0les to deal with. They just do not support their product and the warrenty ends when the money leaves your hands. No Kury for me...EVER! Shame it was my 1st dealings w/ these people. A pleasant experiance and I would have dropped at least a grand in their pockets.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal