Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Tec-session in Houston  (Read 7867 times)

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
Re: Tec-session in Houston
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 07:22:53 PM »

I'm interest, if for nothing else but to learn something and meet ya'll. :D
06 1300R  Black Cherry, Fox Creek Saddlebags w/easy brackets & windshield bag, Memphis Windshield, NC Light Bar, 1800C risers, Paladin backrest and rack, Fatty bar with Longhorn Dually pegs.

mjoe

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »

already have stand. date set?

Blueflameguy2

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Tarkington Prairie (45 miles ne of houston)
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 12:57:58 PM »

well, since my bike is technically in my dads name, he wants my valve job and everything done at the stealer.  so ill prolly be taking mine there for that.  i would however still like to go to the tech session and watch and learn.....

twistedrcpilot

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Montgomery Tx. /Lake Conroe TX
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 10:17:58 PM »

So, From what I gather, We have Beer, Beer and a few more Beers.  Now all we need is a host, a date, and some know-how.  I'd like to possibly do this in the next few weeks perferably on a sunday.  I can only fit one bike in my garage at a time.  I do have a climate controlled space that is 20 ft x 15 ft, but we would have to do it after business hours and it would be kinda tight with more than 3 bikes. Does anyone have a shady back yard? 

*Closet Darksider*

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 08:37:53 PM »

I cant host but I know of an area large enough.

I am in for one as well I am at 9000 miles right now global in spring wants 250 to do the 8k service and I had an offer from hipshot to do it for 75.00 if I take it to him in new caney, but I dont know him or anything about him??

It never stops hurting you just stop caring

txpopeye

• Old Timer
    • Pork Chop Run Blog
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 08:38:51 PM »

Oh and I need to do it before the end of next month I will be riding to ARK next month to ride in the mountians.
It never stops hurting you just stop caring

cybrhick

• Master Tejano Rider
  • The outcast
    • Hick Custom Machine Works
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 09:13:35 PM »

Hipshot knows what he is doing, and $75 is a good deal. He taught most of us guys, so we could teach others in the group. Your money would be well spent.
Displaced Texan.

VTeXan

• Old Timer
  • Pearland
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 09:25:30 PM »

I have one scheduled for the end of next month at the new house assuming it's finished in time for us to move in.  Regarding hipshot you are in competent hands.  There is no one I would rather wrench on my bike than Jim.  He's worked on probably half the Houston groups bikes, and knows what he's doing plus if you stick around while he's doing it he'll show you how.  I hope there is someone who will host a session in the meantime.

Brian
I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 06:54:32 AM »

I can host a tech session but it would not be houston based.  I can use my mom's drive which has a carport large enough for everyone to have room to work  on their bikes.  The only things that we would need would probably be a fan, tools and bike stands.

Now for the catch all to this story.......the location would be in Texas City, about 20 miles south of downtown Houston.  The garage is large enough to store those bikes that would need valve jobs (so they are cool to work on) and there is plenty of parking (as long as it does not rain). 

If anyone is interested, start saying so and we can get the ball rolling.

Available dates will be:  9/16, 9/25, 10/14, & 10/21.  9/25 might be possible but it would have to be a quickie, so that date just depends on how many valve adjustments would have to be done as I would have to be through and out by 6pm'ish.
'02 C with a few extras

VTXDEMON

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 07:11:39 AM »

I have a 3 car garage you are welcome to use, I'm in Houston (Barker Cypress and I-10), I also have some tools and a motorcycle jack.  If Steve makes this one, I'll ask him to help me wire the side mount plate... ;)

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 07:50:42 PM »

What's the latest on the tech session????
06 1300R  Black Cherry, Fox Creek Saddlebags w/easy brackets & windshield bag, Memphis Windshield, NC Light Bar, 1800C risers, Paladin backrest and rack, Fatty bar with Longhorn Dually pegs.

Swampfox

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 03:02:47 AM »

Ok it's time to get a time and place set up for the tech. session I see there is a place and a Teacher so when is a good time for this event for you? 

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 06:38:23 PM »

I will be out of town till Sunday, hope it's not till I get back.

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 06:47:33 PM »

ok, it took some time, but i have the shop cleared out enough to have a tech session. I can host it at the very end of Sept or early Oct. shop is big enough for a dozen bikes, its in South Houston, in the Hobby airport area. as usuall, lunch will be $2.00, BYOB (bottle, beer, babe, boobs, take your pick). If alot of people really have to have it sooner, we can do it on the weekend of Sept 16th.
sun works best for me, but I can do either day.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Doughboy

• Old Timer
  • Webster, TX
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 07:11:19 PM »

Dates sound good, Sat. best for me, if Sunday, then I'll just show up when I can.

Either way, I want to thank all that will help pull this off. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal