Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Painting Engine, Carb & Manifold 101  (Read 8192 times)

Demon

Re: Painting Engine, Carb & Manifold 101
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 05:49:44 PM »

:ohwow:

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »

Nice shorts. :P   The bike looks great man.

You like them "bird legs", huh?  :o

Takes a sheep 4 of those to walk on  :stickpoke: :t
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2009, 11:30:57 PM »

Outside pics posted on original post!!!  ;D  Eat your heart out, HD!  :t

blackrose

• Trailer Queen
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2009, 02:40:55 AM »

If we used a flashlight and peeked into the spaces in between the fins and sprayed where appropriate for uniform coverage it can be made of good choice.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:02:33 PM by blackrose »

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2009, 05:39:16 AM »

Holy crap, I think you need a hobby!  :thumbup:

Looks good, but it appears that your next project should be that push mower and a tan on those legs!  :stickpoke:

One recommendadtion I have for anyone painting is to use Frogtape, instead of that blue 3M stuff. You mentioned paint getting under your tape; doesn't happen with Frogtape. It is an amazingly good product, and only marginally more expensive than the 3M stuff.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »

Holy crap, I think you need a hobby!  :thumbup:

Looks good, but it appears that your next project should be that push mower and a tan on those legs!  :stickpoke:

One recommendadtion I have for anyone painting is to use Frogtape, instead of that blue 3M stuff. You mentioned paint getting under your tape; doesn't happen with Frogtape. It is an amazingly good product, and only marginally more expensive than the 3M stuff.

I have a hobby...it's called riding!!!  :stickpoke:  And I gave up tanning a long time ago (I'm trying to stay cancer-free).  And I guess I'll be running all my projects through Mr. Omnicient from now on!!!  :t

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 07:38:28 AM »

If we used a flashlight and peeked into the spaces in between the fins and sprayed where appropriate for uniform coverage it can be made of good choice.
???

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 08:22:46 AM »

I have a hobby...it's called riding!!!  :stickpoke:  And I gave up tanning a long time ago (I'm trying to stay cancer-free).  And I guess I'll be running all my projects through Mr. Omnicient from now on!!!  :t

Give Mr. Spellchecker a call as well...  :stickpoke: ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

MsVTX1300

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, TX
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 08:31:22 AM »

I don't care what they say....looks GREAT!  :thumbup:  Alot of work, but great results!   :congrats:
[IMG]

Carol
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
2006 VTX 1300 (The Lady)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 08:41:26 AM »

I have a hobby...it's called riding!!!  :stickpoke:  And I gave up tanning a long time ago (I'm trying to stay cancer-free).  And I guess I'll be running all my projects through Mr. Omnicient from now on!!!  :t

Give Mr. Spellchecker a call as well...  :stickpoke: ;)

Just making sure you were still working with the Grammar Police Department!!  :stickpoke:  :t  Have you made it to Captain yet?  :stickpoke:

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 09:24:15 AM »

I have a hobby...it's called riding!!!  :stickpoke:  And I gave up tanning a long time ago (I'm trying to stay cancer-free).  And I guess I'll be running all my projects through Mr. Omnicient from now on!!!  :t

Just making sure you were still working with the Grammar Police Department!!  :stickpoke:  :t  Have you made it to Captain yet?  :stickpoke:
        He is Obama Czar!!! :banghead: :cuss: :thumbup: :rofl:  Your bike looks great even if it is not U-Green   :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

bgreer

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 10:14:37 AM »

Is mine next....admit it you need to try this on a 1800....seriously, I'm going to do this, but not until I've ridden at least all summer

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 10:34:35 AM »

Is mine next....admit it you need to try this on a 1800....seriously, I'm going to do this, but not until I've ridden at least all summer

:no no:  No way I'm doing that again!  But it would look sick on your bike!!!  :thumbup:

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2009, 12:24:39 PM »

Nah. It's kinda counter productive to use big words, but then misspell them, no?  :stickpoke: :c
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:55 PM »

Just making sure you were still working with the Grammar Police Department!!  :stickpoke:  :t  Have you made it to Captain yet?  :stickpoke:

Nah. It's kinda counter productive to use big words, but then misspell them, no?  :stickpoke: :c

Not really...since Sergeant J.M. Daniel from the GPD is on the scene!  I make him do all the work!  :stickpoke:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal