Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Painting Engine, Carb & Manifold 101  (Read 8194 times)

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
Re: Painting Engine, Carb & Manifold 101
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »

Just think. Now if you just paint the tins black, you would have an all black bike. Just kidding. Looks very nice. Way too much time spent for me to do my own.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2009, 10:44:47 PM »

Just think. Now if you just paint the tins black, you would have an all black bike. Just kidding. Looks very nice. Way too much time spent for me to do my own.

That would be way too much black!!  This is as far as I go.  Really, the only reason I added black to the engine, carb and manifold is to bring out the polished fins and all the rest of the chrome.  Black makes them stand out better!  ;D

Demon

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2009, 10:50:13 AM »

That would be way too much black!!  This is as far as I go.  Really, the only reason I added black to the engine, carb and manifold is to bring out the polished fins and all the rest of the chrome.  Black makes them stand out better!   ;D

It will never look as good as your wifes bike!!!!     (I was going to say my bike but I will be humble about it...)   :stickpoke: :boxing: :couch: :bikerider:

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

It will never look as good as your wifes bike!!!!     (I was going to say my bike but I will be humble about it...)   :stickpoke: :boxing: :couch: :bikerider:

That's only because you and her look at the world through "HD-colored glasses".  Take those specs off, and you'll find a whole new world out there.  Or get some different specs to correct ya'lls near-sightedness. :t

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2009, 12:10:06 PM »

That's only because you and her look at the world through "HD-colored glasses".  Take those specs off, and you'll find a whole new world out there.  Or get some different specs to correct ya'lls near-sightedness. :t

+1  :agree:

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2009, 12:30:14 AM »

I'm finished and she's alive!  :thumbup:  Updated pictures on original post!  ;D

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2009, 03:17:24 AM »

Great job!!!!!!  Looks  :cool2: for an orange bike!  :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :congrats:

J/K  Looks very good and had considered doing mine but after breaking a sweat several times watching your progress, I don't think I'll tackle that one!
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2009, 06:56:43 AM »

LOOOKS GRRRRRRREAT!!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2009, 07:46:40 AM »

Looks very good and had considered doing mine but after breaking a sweat several times watching your progress, I don't think I'll tackle that one!

:rofl:

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2009, 07:50:31 AM »

Nice shorts. :P   The bike looks great man.
Chunk the llama.

Demon

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »

+1  :agree:

Actually my glasses change color, they are dark in the day and clear at night!!!  bike looks good... although you missed a spot!!! also what are you going to do to get ride of the orange pealing???   :stickpoke: :boxing: :pot: :couch:

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »

Nice shorts. :P   The bike looks great man.

You like them "bird legs", huh?  :o

Actually my glasses change color, they are dark in the day and clear at night!!!  bike looks good... although you missed a spot!!! also what are you going to do to get ride of the orange pealing???   :stickpoke: :boxing: :pot: :couch:

What spot?  If you're referring to the tins, they won't be changed!  >:D  If you're referring to the "orange peel" on the tank, it was repainted a long time ago when Global Motorsports scratched my tank!  :banghead:  I think the painter rushed the job because I had called him to find out where it was...joker!  :cuss:  You've known me how long, and you just now noticed it?  :t

Demon

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »

Nice shorts. :P   The bike looks great man.

You like them "bird legs", huh?  :o

What spot?  If you're referring to the tins, they won't be changed!  >:D  If you're referring to the "orange peel" on the tank, it was repainted a long time ago when Global Motorsports scratched my tank!  :banghead:  I think the painter rushed the job because I had called him to find out where it was...joker!  :cuss:  You've known me how long, and you just now noticed it?  :t

I was only joking, but thanks for pointing out your bike's insecurities...  :stickpoke:

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2009, 12:00:45 PM »

Great job and nice shorts.  :congrats:  :stickpoke:

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2009, 05:40:40 PM »