Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pro-R Hypercharger on a 1300  (Read 3197 times)

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Pro-R Hypercharger on a 1300
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:11:16 AM »

I just ordered a Pro-R Hypercharger for my 1300. I wanted to know if anyone had put one on a 1300 themselves? If so what it hard? How long did it take? Was it worth the money?
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

SouthernXer

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • BRAD Allen, Texas
    • Me playing music
Re: Pro-R Hypercharger on a 1300
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »

I can't imagine it being too difficult.  Kury does have an issue sending clear and concise install directions but with a little common sense and "wrenchyness" (is that a word?) it shouldn't be an issue. 

Probably going to take you a couple of hours.  Just take your time and get it right.

Anytime you put more air in the beast, it is definitely worth the money.  She needs to breath.   :)

lathamj

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 07:32:40 PM »

I spoke with the Honda dealer about adding a Hypercharger to my VTX Retro and was told that I would not like it. They say that if you adjust your carb for the best performance that you would have idle problems. Same thing if you adjust carb for best idle. You would not be happy with the performance.

VTXDEMON

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 08:20:21 PM »

I installed my hypercharger... no problems to report, don't use the Jet kit that comes with it, it's worthless... get a Jet kit from DynoJet or similar.  It took me about 3 hours, since then I have done a few and now it takes me about 2 hours including Jeting or the carb.  Is very easy

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 07:08:22 AM »

I installed my hypercharger... no problems to report, don't use the Jet kit that comes with it, it's worthless... get a Jet kit from DynoJet or similar.  It took me about 3 hours, since then I have done a few and now it takes me about 2 hours including Jeting or the carb.  Is very easy

Thats good to hear, Did you feel a power difference? Would you buy this part again?
Thanks
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

RobDogg

• Old Timer
  • Sanger, TX (North Denton)
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 01:35:34 PM »

They certainly look cool, I used to have one on my 1800 and it gets lots of comments with the butterflies moving.  It sticks out though and my leg was always against it, I didn't like that much.
RobDogg

"No Child Should Live In Fear"
link--> B.A.C.A - Bikers Against Child Abuse

'03 1800C - Customized by me, for me, the way I want it.

texasmetalwerks

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 08:47:35 PM »

I tried to put mine in and it kicked my a$$! I don't know squat about carb stuff though. But all in all it's a good product. It does get in the way of your legs though.
Bryan   .5%er
2004 VTX 1300C Black w/ some cool stuff and go fast goodies.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Mario Andretti

VTXDEMON

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 09:05:48 PM »

I'm 5'11" and it does not get on my way at all.  after I installed the hypercharger with the DynoJet kit the throttle response is better.  My on my bike I was able to beat Jason at the track 3 times 8)... he's got a jet kit also that is supposed to be the best kit for the 1300's.  I also weight about 40 lbs less than him (A win is a win)

You should get it.. but don't use the jet kit that comes with it, buy a Dynojet.  I have the stage III

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 03:09:58 PM »

I got it last mo. put it on 3 weeks ago. It rocks but I do hit my knee on it when I try to use my hwy bars. But I used a stage 2 jet kit and with my new pipes it runs strong. I can out run a 1800 on the hwy all day. Oh yeah that is with a passanger.  :P
But before all she sh*t taking starts that was a stock 1800. But it was a solo rider.
I love it but I need to get new HWY bars now so i can get the foot pegs higer and futher out.
But with my feet on the floor board there is not any comfort issues.

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 08:40:59 PM »

I just installed a Tornado air kit on my 1300 this past week.It took me about a day mainly as I went super slow to be sure nothing was messed up as I did the job.I did the rejet and all went with a stage 3 jet but the hardest part was getting the fuel/air right as its not that easy to get to behind the carb.You can get an idea of the parts breakdown on www.bikebandit.com.Do not forget to remove the pair valve as well on mine just pluges the hose and will order the back off plates later.
Alvin,Texas

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 10:52:42 AM »

I just installed a Tornado air kit on my 1300 this past week.It took me about a day mainly as I went super slow to be sure nothing was messed up as I did the job.I did the rejet and all went with a stage 3 jet but the hardest part was getting the fuel/air right as its not that easy to get to behind the carb.You can get an idea of the parts breakdown on www.bikebandit.com.Do not forget to remove the pair valve as well on mine just pluges the hose and will order the back off plates later.

What kind of gas milage are you getting with the stage 3?

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 11:43:12 AM »

The first tank I ran through was right at 50 mpg and thats driving up around 70 to 80 mph as well as alot of stop and go traffic.
Alvin,Texas

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 12:31:34 PM »

The first tank I ran through was right at 50 mpg and thats driving up around 70 to 80 mph as well as alot of stop and go traffic.

how hard do you ride it? I have been getting 45-50mpg no matter what speed i ride.  :'(

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 01:27:33 PM »

hyperchargers are only for looks, and they do look cool. but do little for performance. you might gain a couple of HP, but dont look for a big change.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

larry_357

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 09:29:19 PM »

I ride as hard and fast as I can get away with 75 to 80 mph on the interstate  O0
Alvin,Texas
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal